We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Counting Classics on Consoles

Go down 
+10
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
Dead Lemon
The_Jaster
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
Balladeer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 19:28

Drunkalilly wrote:
Fallout's clearly not rubbish, but it's not my cup of tea. When I shoot a man in the head at point-blanc range I expect him to die.

You'll enjoy 4 to a better degree, I reckon. I've been pleasantly surprised when I've crept up on a dude and killed him with one clean headshot, whereas that was often not the case with FO3. Course, if they're wearing armour or they're a hideously irradiated monster, they'll take a few more hits.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 19:33

I've heard a lot of people saying the shooting's better. I'll probably give 4 a go eventually.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 19:36

Bonus Week will be going live on Saturday morning, that if Andy wants to chime in on this weeks classic he has to then.

On Fallout 4 but been hearing mixed things from podcasts that have talked about it but that's for another thread.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 20:30

Ooh - ooh - quickly - Yesses to Shovel Knight and XCom Enemy Unknown.

Phew
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 23:30

GTA V Yes
PES 2016 Yes
Fallout New Vegas Yes
Final Fantasy XIII Yes
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Yes
LA Noire Yes
Sleeping Dogs No
Shovel Knight Yes
Candy Crush A reluctant Yes

masofdas wrote:
@Smurf Do you like Bayo's genre as remember Balla putting in the last game you didn't finish saying the genre not for him but reckoned it could be the best in that genre. Do you like the genre of Bayo's?

And I could see the No for Journey from you & Andy (when he does) coming a mile away, and you know how much I love it and see it as one of the most important games in gaming in recent years that shows games are art but I did No Minecraft which some may say is also an important game with relevance and Jimbob when back doing early 90's on MK said maybe it's not a classic game but has relevance that if we were having a museum of games, there would be an art gallery in it which Journey would be instead of the actual games section.

Same goes for Unfinished Swan but a No to Transistor, that was of my Top 5 games of last year.

So far only 8 will be going in but with regulars Jay, gJones and Andy still to have a say there's a good 13 games just needing that 1 yes to get in.

Yeah I like the genre, I just found Bayonetta rather uninspired and "up itself" which is the exact same opinion on Journey minus any gameplay. Games can be artsy and fun at the same time, for example Never Alone, that I would consider a piece of art and not just stuck up like Journey. Unfinished Swan I feel a bit harsh about, I enjoyed it but it didn't leave a lasting impression on me or have me wanting to recommend it to others. Transistor much like Journey I found dull and that it tried too hard.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 23:35

I love all of them as you know as I put forward as classics and did like Never Alone but was just a okay game but I do also like films that are similar as well.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 11:06

Mass Effect 2 Obviously Yes
Heavy Rain No
God of War III Good, but No
Alan Wake Fun, but no
Red Dead Redemption Yes
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game No, it's not that special...
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West No
Bastion Yes
Catherine 100% Yes, yes, yes, yes, yesyesyesyesyes
Deus Ex: Human Revolution No
Batman: Arkham City Yes
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX Yes
Binary Domain Yes
Journey No
The Walking Dead: Season One Yes
Dishonored No
The Unfinished Swan No
Thomas Was Alone No
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch No
BioShock Infinite No
The Last of Us Yes
Rayman Legends Yes
The Wolf Among Us: Season One No
Resogun No
Tomb Raider (2013) No
Child of Light No
Transistor No
Dark Souls Yes
Dark Souls II Yes
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim No
Minecraft Yes
Portal 2 No
FTL Yes
South Park: The Stick of Truth Yes
Fez No
Civilization V Yes
Vanquish Yes
Just Cause 2 No
Saints Row 3 No
GTA V Yes
Plants vs. Zombies Yes
Fallout New Vegas Yes
Final Fantasy XIII I like it a lot, but No
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker No
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Yes
LA Noire Yes
XCOM: Enemy Unknown Yes
Sleeping Dogs Good, but No
Shovel Knight Yest
Tales from the Borderlands Great, but No
80 Days Yes
Candy Crush No
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 11:25

Thanks to Andy's last minute vote all changed as about 17 games were going in now 27 have gone in for last week with some of those that would been going now not. That we got a good mix and even an Assassins Creed made the cut, Skyrim I think must be the most NO'd game put forward and why haven't more you played Catherine Crying or Very sad but maybe these votes as gJones has asked about Catherine that these votes will be useful to look at some of these game through out the years, even stuff that maybe didn't make the cut.

Anyway we move on to

Bonus & Final Week

This is the week that if there is something that has been missed to put it forward. The rules are anything almost goes but nothing exclusive to 3DS or Wii U and has already been put forward.

Bonk's Adventure Y 3-0
Castle of Illusion Y 2-0
Castlevania: The New Generation / Bloodlines Y 1-0
Halo 2 Y 2-0
House of the Dead 2 Y 1-0
Minesweeper Y 3-0
Nights into Dreams Y 1-0
Parasite Eve II Y 1-0
Q*bert Y 1-2
Radiant Silvergun Y 1-0
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis Y 2-0
Sega Rally Y 1-0
Snake Y 3-1
Sonic 3 + Knuckles Y 3-0
Space Channel 5 Y 1-0
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist Y 1-0
The Granstream Saga Y 1-0
The King of Fighters 98, From what I know this is the best KOF game Y 1-0
The Lion King Y 3-1
The Trap Door Y 1-0
Time Crisis Y 2-0
Beat Sneak Bandit A 1-0

Go mad and put anything you can think of forward that may be a classic even if only your eyes as who knows what will happen

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 22 Nov 2015 - 10:54; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Smurf & Final)
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptySun 15 Nov 2015 - 10:30

Ooh - good save - Yes to Minesweeper!

Most of these I'll abstain - but I'm gonna No Lion King and Q*Bert.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptySun 15 Nov 2015 - 12:46

Bonk's Adventure YES (just)
Minesweeper YES (one of the finest and most pure puzzle games of all time, even if it can generate puzzles that you can't solve with pure logic)
Q*bert NO (simply don't like it)
Snake NO (don't get me started)
Sonic 3 + Knuckles NO (a bridge too far, for me - 2 and 3 are the early series highlights, imo)

Going to suggest Beat Sneak Bandit, which will probably lead to the discovery that few people have played it. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptySun 15 Nov 2015 - 12:51

ZeroJones wrote:
Bonk's Adventure YES (just)

Sonic 3 + Knuckles NO (a bridge too far, for me - 2 and 3 are the early series highlights, imo)

Little confused on this as your like have played 3 + knuckles not a standard 3 if you played on anything other then the mega drive which you say is series highlights and I put as that as then it covers both games ala MGS3 Snake Eater & Substance or Ninja Gaiden & Black .

What's wrong with Snake?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptySun 15 Nov 2015 - 12:56

Ah, misread that. If it covers both games, that makes it a 'YES', purely because of the lovely Sonic 3. & Knuckles can leave the room this instant. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015 - 15:17

Yeses to Halo 2, Snake and The Lion King.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2015 - 19:55

You got till tomorrow evening if you want to get your vote in Jay, Smurf, gJones and Andy the normal crew.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2015 - 21:04

Nothing for me to say other than my continued disappointment at the lack of classic status for Catherine.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2015 - 23:53

I'll give Catherine a yes.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptySat 21 Nov 2015 - 14:53

Abstains removed and not one "No", must be a first.

Bonk's Adventure Yes
Castle of Illusion Yes
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis Yes
Snake Yes
Sonic 3 + Knuckles Yes
The Lion King Yes
Time Crisis Yes
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptySun 22 Nov 2015 - 11:07

That's all folks, not a great last week with only 3 games making it back in but with Andy & Jay not yes'ing or no'ing any of them and gJones not been on all week it seems, then your only going to get a few in.

But hey it was bonus week, but one issue we have is Catherine I out forward and Andy Yes'd it that was last week with 2 yes's & 0 no's since then Jay has said he will yes Catherine which put it back in. I tweeted Balla as I've gone of his rules to see if he would allow it back in or not, with no real answer.

I'm not sure to put it back in or not, what do you all think?

On the past 8 weeks I thought to start with this may not got well but when we got to the mid 90's then things started to take over and we ended up putting in 122 games.

Now we have a little break in till Balla starts us of with the Wii U 3rd anniversary vote.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptySun 22 Nov 2015 - 12:28

Good work Mas (and Balla, even though I've thanked you already previously) for this thread. It's been a good 'un. Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptySun 22 Nov 2015 - 15:26

The Admin who controls the forum twitter says put Catherine in, that Catherine is now in and is game 123.

Thanks Jay,
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptySun 22 Nov 2015 - 20:28

Great work, mas. Running a vote is always a lot of work, so your idea and dedication to it are appreciated. Applause
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptySun 22 Nov 2015 - 22:09

Phew, that was awfully close to turning the whole thread into a farce Razz

Good stuff Mas (and Balla in case I didn't thank him for part one, it was a fair while ago).
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptySun 22 Nov 2015 - 22:59

Great work guys.

So that's 123 non-Ninty classics? And about 140-odd non-non-Ninty classics? Cool.

Now all we've got to do is have a vote to determine their order as the best game of all ti*shot* *dies*

But absolutely serious - I can see Balla's got the Ninty list on the first post; are the others collated?
EDIT: Oh wait - I see - Page 16.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 EmptyMon 23 Nov 2015 - 19:36

Resident Evil 4 is the answer as got in 3 different weeks.

But then when people up dated there Top whatever and I added everything up, Twilight Princess was top but it's not the fav Zelda on the board from the pole.

That I think on any time on this or any other forum, anything could be top.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Counting Classics on Consoles   Counting Classics on Consoles - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Counting Classics on Consoles
Page 21 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21