We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)

Go down 
+7
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Balladeer
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) Empty
PostSubject: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyTue 11 Aug 2015 - 19:36

Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) 630x

I've seen enough interest around these parts in this indie offering to merit a thread.  It seems to be developing into the indie version of Smash Bros., too, which more than piques my attention.  

I'm going for Gunvolt on my first play. Thumbs Up!

Last edited by Balladeer on Thu 27 Aug 2015 - 16:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyTue 11 Aug 2015 - 20:06

The demo ensured its status as a day one purchase. I will be Juan on my first go. Grin
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyWed 12 Aug 2015 - 0:29

Good shout on making a thread for this as this is one I'm really looking forward to & I shall be Shovel Knight. Smile I also like they have put online MP into this as while the local multiplayer is brilliant I probably won't get to experience that a whole lot.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyWed 12 Aug 2015 - 8:08

I'm thinking it would be a great party game, but outside parties you're very rarely going to experience local 8-player, yes. Which is sad. I might organise a Wii U party to try and take advantage of it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyThu 13 Aug 2015 - 21:37

Yeah, what everyone said - I love the look of it, but would have to rely on online with 8 people *glares at forum* because I could probably only get at most, 5. And two of them would probably only play once.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyThu 13 Aug 2015 - 22:28

Oh it's 9 player btw Smile This is a good wee preview I read the other day as well.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/hands-on-preview/40935/gamescom-2015-runbow-just-leaves-you-smiling-wii-u

The most important part from that I feel is this:

Quote :
It proved incredibly addicting and we just constantly laughed with a big group of nine folks. How would that be with a smaller and more focused group of two to four people? Well, it turns that the game is just as fun and clever and a blast from beginning to end.

I can confirm this also when I played it in 2 player and it was still laughs all around.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015 - 7:26

So it's scalable, then? Very good to know. Smile
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015 - 14:49

I was not aware of this game

"Runbow is a platform racing video game for Nintendo Wii U"

Hell yes
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015 - 14:53

In a once-in-a-blue-moon event, GNamer provides useful information to someone (in a way that isn't Mas' release threads)! Dance

(awaits the pedants detailing thousands of others)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015 - 16:54

There was a demo of the game for E3, OR, and "Hell yes" is right! Grin Really looking forward to its arrival.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyFri 14 Aug 2015 - 19:38

This is out in North America on the 27th & 13am games have said on twitter that they will be announcing a Euro release date very soon.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyWed 26 Aug 2015 - 20:32

Apparently it's good. Although it does make me crave for a true indie Smash Bros.-a-like, where SK, Gunvolt, Juan et al. have their special moves.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyThu 27 Aug 2015 - 0:24

I wish they'd announce a Euro release date for this already & that bowhemoth mode sounds great! Grin
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyFri 28 Aug 2015 - 9:36

Double post Razz

13 am games have been telling us European folk on twitter that they will announce our date "This Sunday & that it is very soon" Dance
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyFri 28 Aug 2015 - 10:07

My bet? Sunday. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 9:35

It wasn't Sunday... but it was the best I could hope for! Dance
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 9:36

Splendid! Will pick it up on launch, I think - then I just need to find some people to play it with me. Smile
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 10:01

HUZZAH! Now let's see if this pries me away from Metal Gear.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyThu 3 Sep 2015 - 17:39

I got this today & spent a few hours playing it, I done a bit of adventure mode then played online with some random folk and it was absolute chaos (in the good way) in 9 players & I now demand that all of you get it.  Thumbs Up!

(side note: Beware of the boxing gloves as they are the ultimate troll item)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyThu 3 Sep 2015 - 18:11

What's the adventure mode like? I've got absolutely no prospect of playing the local multiplayer whatsoever so it's all down to the single player campaign for me. The demo didn't give much away...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyThu 3 Sep 2015 - 19:02

Each level has different challenges (get to the goal, beat a certain number of enemies etc.) which have to be beaten as quickly as possible to earn medals then the grid/map branches out and you can pick what ever challenge you fancy next.

This is definitely aimed more at being a party game but you can still have fun in the solo modes but that probably depends on how much you like platformers if I'm honest.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyThu 3 Sep 2015 - 19:36

Hm, well I've tried out the single-player. It's oddly addictive, but not something I reckon I'll be rushing back to play. Looking forward to playing the multiplayer, mind.

Do the "fun" settings do anything, apart from unlocking things?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyThu 3 Sep 2015 - 20:09

It's downloaded, but I've said to myself that I'm going to finish Yoshi's Woolly World before starting to play it. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyTue 8 Sep 2015 - 13:37

Played some private games on this last night with Andy, Dusty and few others from twitter & it was an absolute blast!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) EmptyWed 9 Sep 2015 - 6:41

Dat Bowhemoth, guys. I gave it a go last night, it's effectively one long single level made up of rooms. There is a timer and a death counter in the top right corner of the screen

Spoiler:

and, of course, the usual standard of mocking/sympathy when you die. I got 1:40:06 and 357 deaths and, occasionally, really very angry indeed. Shocked

Still good fun. Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)   Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch) Empty

Back to top Go down

Runbow (I like the way you run, bow... on Switch)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next