We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yesterday I Learned

Go down 
+6
Athrun888
JayMoyles
Balladeer
Spiralcannon2-CW
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Yesterday I Learned Empty
PostSubject: Yesterday I Learned   Yesterday I Learned EmptyWed 12 Aug 2015 - 17:30

You know they say "You learn something new every day"? What did you learn yesterday?

Yesterday I learned that the locking mechanism of a door lock can be replaced independently of the handle mechanism.

Hopefully y'all have more interesting things to contribute! Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Learned   Yesterday I Learned EmptySat 14 May 2016 - 22:44

A whole bunch of stuff about Mario.

All technical details, but some really cool little nuggets.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Spiralcannon2-CW
Grackler Bait
Spiralcannon2-CW

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Learned   Yesterday I Learned EmptySat 14 May 2016 - 22:46

I learned that my site was going to be DDOSed today and it seems to be happening and being DDOSed... :'(
Back to top Go down
http://www.101gamers.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Learned   Yesterday I Learned EmptySun 15 May 2016 - 11:25

Ah, that's rubbish. Aww! At some point we'll tell you about the heron attack on the old site.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Learned   Yesterday I Learned EmptySun 15 May 2016 - 17:59

I've still not recovered, nor have my pots and pans.

Yesterday I learned that a fair few of the advanced techniques and whatnot that you see in Super Smash Bros. Melee were actually intended features stretching back to Super Smash Bros. 64, with said features being promoted on SSB's website at the time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Learned   Yesterday I Learned EmptyMon 16 May 2016 - 9:52

I learned the AI in the final event matches of Smash U can coordinate their attacks in perfect synchronization!

I tell ya besting True Final Battle event on hard was not easy!
Back to top Go down
Spiralcannon2-CW
Grackler Bait
Spiralcannon2-CW

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Learned   Yesterday I Learned EmptyMon 16 May 2016 - 16:07

I learned Rach isn't going to MCM because of one of the cosplay accessories (wig) being too short - it's not long before the event either...
Back to top Go down
http://www.101gamers.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Learned   Yesterday I Learned EmptyTue 17 May 2016 - 6:52

That I can't figure out the subway system at all
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Learned   Yesterday I Learned EmptyTue 17 May 2016 - 11:02

Look - you choose your bread, your sandwich length, and your main sandwich filling. Then they ask you what cheese you want and whether you want the sandwich to be toasted or not. After that, you choose what veggies go on and what sauce. Lastly you pay, and then the sandwich is your own.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Learned   Yesterday I Learned EmptyTue 17 May 2016 - 18:09

You kid, mate, but you there is nothing more frustrating than being in the queue behind someone who doesn't "get" subway. Normally an old person. Listen love, I know they've tried to make it look like a proper sandwich place but really it's just fast food. Hurry up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Learned   Yesterday I Learned EmptySat 18 Jun 2016 - 10:24

The French expression 'arme blanche', which literally translates into English as 'white weapon', means 'knife'.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Learned   Yesterday I Learned EmptySun 19 Jun 2016 - 16:39

ZeroJones wrote:
Look - you choose your bread, your sandwich length, and your main sandwich filling. Then they ask you what cheese you want and whether you want the sandwich to be toasted or not. After that, you choose what veggies go on and what sauce. Lastly you pay, and then the sandwich is your own.

Every time I go to subway:
Q:What kind of bread do you want?
A: Steak and cheese
Q: On what bread?
A: Yes

I just can't get the hang of it either...
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Learned   Yesterday I Learned EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016 - 22:40

The way the "pros" describe Subway feels like online gaming. Laughing

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"
"It's my first go at this, I've not seen any of this befor-"
"WHY DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO?!"
"Look I just need to read the-"
*kicked*
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Learned   Yesterday I Learned EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016 - 22:50

CHARLIE TO ALPHA STATION! I AM IN THE MISSION AREA, OVER!
Hello, welcome to Sub-
HERBS AND CHEESE, MEATBALL,ASAP!
Cheese and toasted?
ENGAGE! ENGAGE! ENGAGE!
Salad and sauce?
GET SOME RANCH IN HERE! CHUCK ME A MAGAZINE OF GREEN PEPPERS
That's £5 with a drink
PAPA INDIA NOVEMBER, I'M READY FOR EXTRACTION. ROLL OUT
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Learned   Yesterday I Learned EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016 - 22:51

Yeah that - and people jumping up and down in that weird knee-lifty way.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Learned   Yesterday I Learned EmptyTue 19 Jul 2016 - 11:20

Yesterday's facts: a day on Venus is longer than a year on Venus, and all scorpions glow. These are courtesy of Snapple bottles.

Yesterday I Learned Snapple_Bottles
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Learned   Yesterday I Learned EmptyWed 3 Aug 2016 - 17:24

HDR is actually rather fancy, I've been looking at TVs for a while now and I thought it went HD Ready which is 720p, Proper HD 1080p, HDR and then 4K but nope 4K is the best resolution you can sort of get but the TV still needs HDR support and all the fancy £1000+ ones have that feature.

It really does question the Xbox One S which is now out and I've seen likes of Scullion say it's cheaper then a 4K Blu Ray player and has 4K streaming, which one of the many reason he picked one up and if I had a 4KTV, I'd would likely as well for the same reasons as I did back in the day with PS3 for Blu Ray.

But one of the big selling points MS has said about the S is the HDR support which some games may already have but Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4 are the big two to really use HDR which is one of the reasons I thought HDR was the sort of 720p to 4K's 1080p.

As adding this feature which some will be able to use on some TV's with 4K would still offer a better picture for those that don't want to take the plunge on a Scorpio for true 4K resolution.

But seems not to be the case which now begs me the question, yep the S is great as a cheap 4K player and if you got a decent 4KTV but if you want to take advantage of HDR from games or films your going to have a £1000+ TV then why get a S to do that and not wait for a Scorpio with 4K resolution as if you can afford a £1000+ TV, you likely can afford to buy a Scorpio.

Now if I want to buy a new TV, I want better specs then my current one, 3D, HDR and 4K resolution which means this Panasonic is sort of the cheapest and then it's on that weird swing stand and it's edgelit not backlit like my TV at the moment and then do you look at OLED or Curved as well etc.

Basically there is to many dam options now as I want the TV to be able to do it all and seems I may have to sacrifice 3D to get as I want 4K & HDR or spend far far more then I want.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Learned   Yesterday I Learned EmptyTue 1 Nov 2016 - 20:03

The seven-note motif that underlines this piece?

D E A D E A D

Boo
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Learned   Yesterday I Learned EmptyTue 1 Nov 2016 - 22:27

That's fantastic musical punmanship. Bravo Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Learned   Yesterday I Learned EmptyWed 2 Nov 2016 - 23:30

Poor EAD. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Learned   Yesterday I Learned Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I Learned
Page 1 of 1