We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your Dream Game Compilation

Go down 
+6
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
masofdas
Dead Lemon
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

Your Dream Game Compilation  Empty
PostSubject: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptySat 15 Aug 2015 - 11:37

So in response to Rare Replay pitch a Game Compilation you'd want, based on a franchise, developer or console.

I want a Sega Saturn/Dreamcast Collection as I never had the former or played much on the latter.

On it I'd want:

Saturn Sonic games
Sonic Adventure and 2
ChuChu Rocket
Burning Rangers
Daytona
Panzer Dragoon
Out Run
Sega Rally
Virtua Cop
Virtua Fighter
Virtua Tennis
Virtua Striker
Shenmue and 2
Dynamite Cop
Crazy Taxi and 2
Jet Set Radio

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptySat 15 Aug 2015 - 12:01

Dead Lemon wrote:
So in response to Rare Replay pitch a Game Compilation you'd want, based on a franchise, developer or console.

I want a Sega Saturn/Dreamcast Collection as I never had the former or played much on the latter.

On it I'd want:

Saturn Sonic games

Sorry but I have to laugh at that as the Saturn got 3D which is also on Mega Drive, Jam which is a compilation of Sonic games and R which the R stands for Rubbish.

There is DC collection but only has 4 games on it but does include Space Channel 5 Part 2 which is rather pricey on the DC & Japan only along with bad emulations of the 4 games.

I would love a a Saturn collection and I did this artilce on Gintendo the only issues Saturn games are a pain in the ass to get to run on anything and the Number 1 game I would want has been lost in time.

And a few of those games you mention have been re-released in various but I would take a SEGA collection with a bit of everything in there from MS to PS3 and everything in between like select hits.

If I had to stay a collection I want and that's a Kojima Collection which I would put these in:
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Snatcher
Policenauts
Zone of the Enders
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner
Boktai: The Sun Is in Your Hand
Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django
Boktai: Sabata's Counterattack
Lunar Knights
Penguin Adventure
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

What a great 20 games that would be.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptySat 15 Aug 2015 - 12:24

A Mario RPG compilation please, from SMRPG all the way through to Paper Jam. Or a Phoenix Wright one, with Edgeworth Investigations (1 and 2!) in there as well.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptySat 15 Aug 2015 - 12:38

A crippling lack of NiGHTS Into Dreams on Dead Lemon's list. Scandalous behaviour.

I'd be all over a 16 bit-era Konami compilation, with the likes of Castlevania: The New Generation, Turtles in Time, Cybernator, Rocket Knight Adventures and the Mega Drive version of Animaniacs.

A year ago, the answer to this question would have been Rare Replay. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptySat 15 Aug 2015 - 15:33

I really want to play the Yakuza games after listening to Bitsocket harp on about them for so long, but they're spread across multiple consoles with some not even released in the west. I want XBONE and PS4 to get yakuzas 0-5, and dead souls I guess, all in one package. I just want to properly experience some of that ludicrous combat!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptySat 15 Aug 2015 - 15:39

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
A crippling lack of NiGHTS Into Dreams on Dead Lemon's list. Scandalous behaviour.
Ah, shit. Meant to have said that too.

masofdas wrote:
Dead Lemon wrote:

On it I'd want:

Saturn Sonic games

Sorry but I have to laugh at that as the Saturn got 3D which is also on Mega Drive, Jam which is a compilation of Sonic games and R which the R stands for Rubbish.

I'd still like to try them, not worth buying alone so would be acceptable filler on such a collection.

Good Gintendo piece too.

Would totally buy The Kojima Collection having never played most of those games.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptySat 15 Aug 2015 - 20:15

Another Japanese auteur collection - the Kamiya Collection!

Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Devil May Cry
Viewtiful Joe
Viewtiful Joe 2
Okami
Bayonetta
The Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2

Action games at their finest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptySat 15 Aug 2015 - 21:39

Jay, that's a day one, that is! Grin I'm still thinking about mine...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptySat 15 Aug 2015 - 21:55

@Dead I'm not saying not to have them in but what your asking for is 5 Mega Drive games and 1 Saturn game in your Saturn/Dreamcast Collection.

@Drunka I want to play Yakuza as I've heard a many a time that there the spiritual successors to Shenmue, I'm still annoyed they've not brought the Wii U HD versions to the west.

@Jay you'll get blocked by Kamiya on twitter bringing up Bayonetta 2
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptySun 16 Aug 2015 - 10:05

I don't personally need this as I've ended up with most of them, but: Given that Sega released a MegaDrive collection with about 30 first-party games, why don't Nintendo do the same for the SNES? They could charge £40 for it, and it'd still be an absolute bargain!
The evidence for, mi'lud:

But if that's too obvious, The Nifflas Box, containing all the Knytt games, plus Affordable Space Adventures. All the atmospheric silhouettes, fog and desolate exploration you could ever want.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptySat 22 Aug 2015 - 10:35

I got mine: a Final Fantasy compllation. It includes all the main numbered games - even the MMORPG ones - and all the add-ons to them, like FFIV: The After Years. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptySat 22 Aug 2015 - 10:36

That's an astonishing shout. Thumbs Up! I'd love to have something like that on Wii U.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptySat 22 Aug 2015 - 10:44

I am surprised Square hasn't done that at least up to the PS2 ones or something but this question has been on loads of podcasts recently and the ting that keeps coming up why sell a bunch a game for X amount when people will buy them on there own.

Nintendo could do a Mario collection but why do that for £40 when people will pay what they do at the moment on the VC.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 22 Aug 2015 - 10:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptySat 22 Aug 2015 - 10:48

That is true - there's a £50 compilation of I to VI on iOS already, so the chances of a I to X compilation are thinner than 1% of a human hair... and then there's all the HD remakes to consider. It ain't not never gonna happen, y'all. Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 12:41

I know I've said already I wouldn't mind a Kojima collection but after being 15hrs into MGSV:TPP and knowing there's a HD collection on last gen of Metal Gear.

Can I just have that with a few extra games such as Rising ported over in True HD to PS4.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 15:08

Agree with the Saturn and Dreamcast collections. Was wholly disappointed with the Dreamcast Collection on last-gen.

Would love a SNES collection similar to the Mega Drive one too, but it would stop Nintendo from drip-feeding their eShop each generation.

I'd quite like a Treasure collection (or Treasure Chest perhaps?):

Gunstar Heroes
Guardian Heroes
Radiant Silvergun
Mischief Makers
Bangai-O
Ikaruga
Astro Boy
Gradius V

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 15:10

gjones wrote:
I'd quite like a Treasure collection (or Treasure Chest perhaps?)

Instant buy on the name alone. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptyMon 31 Aug 2015 - 22:42

That's a great shout on the treasure (chest) collection.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptyWed 16 Sep 2015 - 9:26

Drunkalilly wrote:
I really want to play the Yakuza games after listening to Bitsocket harp on about them for so long, but they're spread across multiple consoles with some not even released in the west. I want XBONE and PS4 to get yakuzas 0-5, and dead souls I guess, all in one package. I just want to properly experience some of that ludicrous combat!

Yakuza Remake is coming for the PS4 and Yakuza 6 both are next year in Japan.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptySat 29 Jul 2017 - 19:58

I thought of a few whilst going talking about I would like a Zelda collection on Switch but as it's Nintendo I'm thinking it would do like the HD collections on PS3 with only 2 or 3 games.

Zelda, Zelda II, LttP, Classic Zeldas
Links Awakening, DX, Oracle of Ages /Seasons, Minish Cap in a Handheld collection
Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask, HD versions based on the 3DS Version
Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, The two Cube games together in their HD form

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 30 Jul 2017 - 0:51; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptySat 29 Jul 2017 - 22:43

I frowned at that for a bit, mas, but actually that's not the worst idea by a long shot - I see your point in that the 2D games would keep their retro-ness, and the 3D ones are in their shinier forms.

There should be an emulated compilation of all of the Dizzy adventures; this way, finally no-one in Britain on any humorous website will ever ask for a new game ever again. I (think I) love Dizzy, but... it just doesn't hold up.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptySat 29 Jul 2017 - 23:04

A while back I had the idea of a Mario anthology (I know, I know - keep reading) where you can use any power-up set in any game in the series. So, like, Cape Feathers in SMB2, or F.L.U.D.D. in Super Mario Galaxy 2, or Double Cherries in SMB1.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  EmptyMon 31 Jul 2017 - 7:48

ZeroJones wrote:
A while back I had the idea of a Mario anthology (I know, I know - keep reading) where you can use any power-up set in any game in the series. So, like, Cape Feathers in SMB2, or F.L.U.D.D. in Super Mario Galaxy 2, or Double Cherries in SMB1.

I always wanted an Action Replay device that could allow weapons from GTA in Nintendo games, or vice versa. Essentially transferring assets from one game to another. It was hinted at with Nintendo's Amiibo mechanic of unlocking assets from another game series but I guess something like playing as Link in Metroid Prime 4 is too wacky and probably impossible from a programming standpoint. You'd need the same game engines I guess.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Game Compilation    Your Dream Game Compilation  Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Dream Game Compilation
Page 1 of 1