We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform

Go down 
+11
Muss
Jimbob
masofdas
Athrun888
gjones
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform Empty
PostSubject: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyMon 7 Sep 2015 - 15:19

It's a thing. We know almost nothing about it, which means it's rampant speculation time! What do you want to see? And on what console? Discuss!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyMon 7 Sep 2015 - 15:52

It surely has to be for wii U, doesn't it? The fact they are saying that it's very close to completion makes me think it can't be for anything else.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyMon 7 Sep 2015 - 16:18

I'd love it on Wii U - the three Pikmin games play brilliantly with the Wii remote, but having the added map on the GamePad makes for a perfect set-up. That said, even if it is very close to completion, is there even going to be an auidence for it on Wii U in six-nine months time? Will the Wii U still be a current, relevant thing next year? The New 3DS could be a better shout. That's needing something - anything! - to justify it's existence. I can't imagine that it's sold all that amazingly either. What's it's killer app? Might it be Pikmin 4?

All things considered though, I'm personally ready to move on to the next Nintendo. I know the rest of 2015 doesn't look too bad, but there's a distinct sense of 'GameCube 2006' about Nintendo gaming at the moment. If Nintendo Gamer were still about, it would be a pamphlet. So, I'd have Pikmin 4 launch on NX, if I might "Pik My Platform".
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyMon 7 Sep 2015 - 17:43

I'd be up for it as a Wii U game first and foremost. I really don't want the NX any time soon (especially if it's a hybrid/handheld) and after how astonishingly beautiful 3 was I'd rather have it on a console with the oomph and screensize to dazzle.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyMon 7 Sep 2015 - 18:13

I'd like it on NX to continue my trend of playing each pikmin on a different machine; GameCube > Wii > Wii u > NX. That said, if it's as sublime as the first three, I'll take it on anything.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyMon 7 Sep 2015 - 18:29

The Wii U is most likely, surely? Having said that, I'd be fine with it being a 3DS game - weirdly, that'll make me more likely to buy it. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyMon 7 Sep 2015 - 20:13

Imagine it will be a Wii-U game to fill the gap between Xmas and Zelda. Or to bolster the Xmas line-up.

It certainly does feel like the last year for the Wii-U. I don't think the N64 or Gamecube had it as bad as last month, where the Wii-U got one game.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyMon 7 Sep 2015 - 22:13

gjones wrote:
Imagine it will be a Wii-U game to fill the gap between Xmas and Zelda. Or to bolster the Xmas line-up.

It certainly does feel like the last year for the Wii-U. I don't think the N64 or Gamecube had it as bad as last month, where the Wii-U got one game.

There was a year in which the GameCube had Sonic Riders as it's big Easter release. I'm sure there was also the odd occasion when N64 Magazine would have something like Scooby Doo's Mysterious Mishevious Hyper Bollocks as their main review, then give it 23%.

Imagine if Pikmin 4 was to fill the gap between Xmas and Zelda though. This year all we've had (I think) Captain Toad, Mario Party 10, Splatoon, Kirby Paintbrush, Devil's Third and Yoshi's Woolly World. That's rough, but Pikmin 4 on it's puff - as amazing as it's probably going to be - would be really harsh.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyMon 7 Sep 2015 - 22:16

To be fair, Splatoon has absolutely justified owning a Wii U by itself
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyTue 8 Sep 2015 - 11:06

I'll cast my vote in the Wii U prediction camp, but with a dash of possible dual release on both the U and the NX.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyTue 8 Sep 2015 - 13:23

Soon for Nintendo is like 6-12 month's away and this year feels like Wii U's last with a odd few like SMTxFE early next year in the west.

That I'm going NX launch title for Holiday 2016.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyThu 10 Sep 2015 - 22:56

Mobile. F2P.
Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform Troll-face

EDIT: Sorry, serious answer: I reckon 3DS, but I'm hoping WiiU. I played Pikmin 3's mission with the gamepad, but was convinced to give the (usually dreaded) remote/nunchuck a go for multiplayer, and it works really well.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyThu 24 Sep 2015 - 15:39

There is the potential for a solid ipad/tablet game in Pikkers, just no microtransactions please.

I would guess handheld though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyThu 24 Sep 2015 - 17:42

The remote and nunchuk is the best controller ever.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptySat 26 Sep 2015 - 14:05

Drunkalilly wrote:
The remote and nunchuk is the best controller ever.
It works in Pikmin 3, because you can point at the screen, chuck your Pikmin there, and then rest that hand again. However, in Metroid Prime you have to keep your hand steadily pointing at the screen to stop Samus from tripping over her own feet. And the frickin' cable that whips around with motion controlled things...

Wait, what is this topic about again?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 12:59

Finally, this is (slightly) more than vapourware that Shigsy once mentioned in an interview.

That Pikmin's eye perspective will be a fun new way to experience that world, and I'm always down for more Pikmin. Gonna need to start doing throat exercises so I'm ready to help with the marketing.

Jimbob wrote:
Mobile. F2P.

Well . . .
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 18:17

I was wondering how long ago it was that Shigsy mentioned Pikmin 4 being a thing - I guess this thread being started in 2015 (!!!) answers that. I can't imagine it's been in active development for that long. That'd put it up there in the same development hellscape as Duke Nukem Forever and whatnot, no?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 19:40

Hail to the 'Min baby.

I don't think this'll be for me, given the slog (albeit mostly fun stuff) that my gaming personality has turned Pikmin 3 into. Still glad it's actually happened, natch. Oh, and suggestions for a more appropriate title welcomed!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyWed 14 Sep 2022 - 20:28

Miss Rodgers was saying it got rebooted in 2019, so it coming 2023 is a few years later.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyFri 16 Sep 2022 - 7:47

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I'd love it on Wii U - the three Pikmin games play brilliantly with the Wii remote, but having the added map on the GamePad makes for a perfect set-up. That said, even if it is very close to completion, is there even going to be an auidence for it on Wii U in six-nine months time? Will the Wii U still be a current, relevant thing next year?  The New 3DS could be a better shout. That's needing something - anything! - to justify it's existence. I can't imagine that it's sold all that amazingly either. What's it's killer app? Might it be Pikmin 4?

All things considered though, I'm personally ready to move on to the next Nintendo. I know the rest of 2015 doesn't look too bad, but there's a distinct sense of 'GameCube 2006' about Nintendo gaming at the moment. If Nintendo Gamer were still about, it would be a pamphlet. So, I'd have Pikmin 4 launch on NX, if I might "Pik My Platform".

I packed a lot into that post that I probably needed to get off my chest at the time. I doesn't sound like I was a happy gamer. But that Wii U GamePad and Wiimote/Nunchuck set-up was a brilliant way of playing Pikmin 3 that I’ll miss for Pikmin 4.

There wasn’t much to go off of in that announcement. It’ll end up being brilliant I know, and it’s brilliant to know that it’s a thing. I hope it doesn't disappear for ages like Bayonetta 3 did.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyFri 16 Sep 2022 - 8:53

Now that Bayonetta 3 is close, I totally forgot about it disappearing for so long. I'm assuming it was scrapped and restarted in some way, right?

I reckon I've got some Pikmin replays in me, so I don't mind a little wait for Pikmin 4.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptySun 18 Sep 2022 - 16:07

Can't wait for this! Every time a big Pikmin comes along, I forget that I really liked the previous one(s) - basically played Pikmin 3 from start to finish in a serious concentration zen mode, a la Dark Souls. Although I hope you don't (following the projection of the previous games) have to track 4 teams at once this time!

Also well done Buska for quoting something from 7 years ago! Wish that mobile thing wasn't right though, that still looked/looks too simple compared with e.g. Pokemon Go, and it doesn't help that Mr. Miyamoto was trying to sell it as "hey look, it shows you where you've not walked, next time, you might walk in a different place" - is this for people with neurological problems that have literally no imagination?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyThu 6 Oct 2022 - 10:25

I actually quite liked Pikmin Bloom for the way it intersected with my natural walking habits. Unfortunately, I hit my limit of Pikmin and it seemed there was no way to delete some or add more without spending real money. I may through it the couple bucks to expand just one time . . .
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyFri 7 Oct 2022 - 9:17

I released a bunch of mine because I had loads that were the same type, so would just go find the same outfit when they reached max happiness. It was quite a fiddly process though so I kind of gave up on it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform EmptyFri 7 Oct 2022 - 10:21

I couldn't even find a way to release them! I'll have another look.

In other news, because I woke up at 5am this morning to watch the Mario trailer, I interrupted my sleep in such a way to actually remember what I was dreaming!

I was dreaming about Pikmin 4.
It featured a new mechanic where any colour of Pikmin could gain the ability to fly. There was also a human-sized player character and play would switch between traditional Pikmin gameplay at Olimar scale and Astral Chain-esque action with this human and his swarm of flying Pikmin.
Also there was a musical number.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform   Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform Empty

Back to top Go down

Pikmin 4 - Pik Your Platform
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next