We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Rum
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
NintenDUCK
shanks
Jimbob
Buskalilly
masofdas
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Athrun888
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! Empty
PostSubject: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptyThu 10 Sep 2015 - 14:29

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! Pokemo10

Generation 7 is upon us, rejoice!

Original opening post:

Last edited by Athrun888 on Wed 7 Jun 2017 - 9:48; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptyThu 10 Sep 2015 - 18:33

Hang on, hang on. Discussion about Pokémon on the Wii U got a thread, based on a screenshot that turned out to be about Pokken. Let's not compare the two here.

That said, there's definitely going to be another Pokémon game, so I have no problem with this thread existing. I reckon it'll be called Z too - they sort of wrote themselves into a corner with Zygarde being the obviously underpowered third legendary. (I would not buy another port of the originals.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptySat 12 Sep 2015 - 7:19

No sooner do I do a bunch of pointless theorying does all of it get shot to pieces with the leak of images revealing two new Zygarde forms, and the anime at least heading in to Z territory.

So, third version likely confirmed, possible sequel featuring Zygarde also on the cards

Now for the all important formes themselves.

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! Coroco11

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! Coroco10

Interesting things of note: Zygarde's forms are "Core" (the blob), 10% (the hound), 50% (the form we all know and love), and the new big form "Perfect" form. Also retains Dragon/Ground (LAME, we already have two of those, give us a Dragon type that doesn't already have a top tier Mon gamefreak!) typing.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptySat 12 Sep 2015 - 10:02

At this point, they should just add a couple of numbers to the Pokédex and make them evolutions. "10% form" hell it is. Also Zygarde has never resembled a dog and I don't know where they got the dog idea from and they're bad and they should feel bad.

Also one perfect form pretty much scotches the chance of there being a two-game sequel (like B2W2) and confirms Z (further).
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptySat 12 Sep 2015 - 12:24

I liked Black 2 & White 2 and so was really hoping for X2 and Y2; this is looking less likely as the days go by. I'm very unlikely to buy a Z, but a Y2 would be very welcome on the Zero shelf. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptySat 12 Sep 2015 - 12:27

What's the effective difference, Zero? We don't yet know whether Z will be a sequel or not.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptySat 12 Sep 2015 - 12:43

B2W2 allowed me to justify buying the 'opposite' version in a generation; the third versions of the past have been (I think) hybrids of the two previous games and don't hold the same appeal.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptySat 12 Sep 2015 - 13:25

Balladeer wrote:
At this point, they should just add a couple of numbers to the Pokédex and make them evolutions.  "10% form" hell it is.  Also Zygarde has never resembled a dog and I don't know where they got the dog idea from and they're bad and they should feel bad.

Maybe it's a play on Zygarde's role in the mythos of Kalos and based on another mythological being? Its supposed to be a judge and on patrol for enemies of nature, a dog is a known guard and there are various mythological canines as well. Certainly a canine form would allow it to move around a lot easier and quietly than a gigantic serpent from hell or a gundam. Personally I feel it's a bit early to be calling it stupid, aesthetically it looks fine and until we know what its role is there's nothing to blast on that front either.

On the subject of third version vs sequel, it could be either at this stage, but if it is a third version I have a feeling it's going to be very different to X and Y's story, to the point it could easily be a sequel in the amount of changes it brings. Zygarde looks like any involvement in the story will force major changes to it, each third version has brought larger alterations to the story than the last, and Zygarde by the very little we know of its lore and can glean from its Perfect Form's image has immense potential to alter things.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptySat 12 Sep 2015 - 14:03

Athrun888 wrote:

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! Coroco10

That's Megatron. Why's Megatron in a Pokemon game?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptySat 12 Sep 2015 - 14:44

Did you see that also there was a picture of a new Greninja form in the same mag.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptySat 12 Sep 2015 - 15:00

Breaking news!  Perfect Zygarde's battle theme leaked! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpkeAQG6kQw

Spoiler:

Oh, and the Greninja thing. Forgot about that. Honestly I don't think it'll be that big, I've seen a few of the yt'ers I follow say their thoughts on it and Shofu summed it up best: probably just a alternate colour scheme because of Protean and hanging with Ash too long. Could be wrong, but I reckon it's going to be this gen's Notch Eared Pichu or something.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptySat 12 Sep 2015 - 20:38

I'm happy to reverse if they provide a reason for the doggyness, but Zygarde's other forms seem to point towards pupation: a tiny caterpillar-type thing, then a semi-chrysalis, then a final form. The dog doesn't fit in the chain.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptySun 13 Sep 2015 - 13:42

This is another of those pokemon that just looks a bit too much like a digimon for me. I always felt they had distinct art styles but modern legendaries...

Still, I'm up for a Z. Even if Go is infinitely more exciting to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptySun 13 Sep 2015 - 13:46

Drunkalilly wrote:
Even if Go is infinitely more exciting to me.

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! Dramatic_39b20d_68924
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptyMon 14 Sep 2015 - 10:33

Pokemon Shuffle >>>>>>>> Pokemon Go!

Just needed to immaturely put that out there.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptyWed 16 Sep 2015 - 14:14

Well some new info has come out regarding Zygarde's new forms.

First off we have Zygarde Cell, this is the smallest form and is questioned by scientists as to whether it really constitues as a Pokemon.  Zygarde Cells are spread across all of Kalos.

Then there's Zygarde Core, this is exactly what the name suggests and forms the core of a Zygarde's brain.  The explanation of this one was a bit vague and made it sound like there could be more than one of these things as it mentioned that it can communicate with other cores telepathically.  Zygarde Core attracts the previously mentioned Zygarde Cells depending on how threatened it feels the enviroment is, and grows in to different forms depending on how many Cells it gathers.

Zygarde 10% Forme, the previously named dog form.  Pretty much what its name describes, this is Zygarde with 10 percent of its power from gathering its cells.

Zygarde 50% Forme, same as the dog only with a 5 instead of a 1.  

The officially named Zygarde Complete Forme, this is Zygarde when it has decided the environment is facing a threat that it cannot deal with at 50 percent, it gathers all of the Zygarde cells to attain this form.  No mention of absorbing Xerneas and Yveltal was made so until further information we should assume that it doesn't pull a Cell/Majin Buu to attain this form.  

Personally after hearing all this I'm leaning towards third version now as its powers seem to fit in with a third version plotline (Lysandre gathers Yveltal and Xerneas to power his death ray, Zygarde appears and stops him, goes out of control and gets calmed by the trainer, ect.)

Oh, and Ash Greninja has been detailed as well. This thing is indeed a colour swap, although it mentions that (in the anime) a Pokemon only appears that does this once every few hundred years, so that suggests there might be a special move in the offing for it or something.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptyThu 17 Sep 2015 - 11:25

So there can be lots of cores and cells, 10 dogs, 2 of the other one in the world at a given time? Sounds pretty cool, if a bit mad...
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptyThu 25 Feb 2016 - 15:28

Well then.  Just heard about the rumour mill regarding
Spoiler:
 Thoughts everyone?

Last edited by Athrun888 on Thu 25 Feb 2016 - 15:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptyThu 25 Feb 2016 - 15:34

Jay will likely say it but Spoiler tag, Athrun just in case.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptyThu 25 Feb 2016 - 15:41

Done.

Actually, I will say one more thing,

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptyThu 25 Feb 2016 - 16:36

Well whaddya know.

Spoilery spoilery:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptySat 27 Feb 2016 - 8:47

Well, with the advent of the reveal we now know what the original timeline was referring to, generation seven is upon us and a new region and new Pokemon are on the way!  

Given that I thought I'd try my hand at spicing things up a bit and see if a talking point could be created.  The starter: region real life location inspiration!  As we all likely know every Pokemon region has a real life counterpart, with gens one through four being based on parts of Japan, Unova being based on the USA, and Kalos being parts France with other european nations thrown in.

So what region do you think, or want, Sun and Moon's to be based on?  

I'm going to be predictable and go with my home nation Australia.  While the place is famous for its outback and hot climate the nation has all sorts, tropics, lush forests, and even a few snowy mountains!  Tasmania and cousin nation New Zealand could provide surf routes and yet more terrain locations.

From a Pokemon inspiration standpoint the land is lush with world exclusive creatures, many of which being deadly.  Kangaroos, koalas, wombats, platypus, stone fish, tiger snakes, and the already used frilled neck lizard, among many many more (especially if you include New Zealand)!  Throw in the indigenous culture and you have a extremely rich pool of inspiration to draw a mythos from as well!  

If the region is a new one, I can think of none better than Australia to be the base!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptySat 27 Feb 2016 - 8:57

Croydon. Tongue Failing that, something like Hong Kong, although I don't know whether a Japanese company would willingly use China (or almost China) as inspiration. From a wildlife perspective, I agree that Australia'd be a good one.

You know what I'm excited for, though? Mega Solrock and Lunatone!

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! NWgpvaD

I'd love them to get actual evolutions, but I don't think Pokémon does that any more. Also maybe Mega Eeveelutions.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptySat 27 Feb 2016 - 9:59

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was China, y'know. This game seems to be Nintendo's big gambit to achieve peace on Earth.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! EmptySat 27 Feb 2016 - 10:05

That is a good shout - the language is in there and it could make for a massive game.

My guess? Given that they're called Sun & Moon, it might be set in or around a desert - somewhere that both the Sun and the Moon are big factors, at least, and that's the best I could come up with. If it were a desert, it could make getting to towns a really dicey affair - on that train of thought, I'd like to see the trainer take care of themselves a bit more. At the moment, you look after your Pokémon with the utmost care but has the player character ever had a nap or a snack on any main Pokémon game?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!
Page 1 of 19Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next