We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Rum
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
NintenDUCK
shanks
Jimbob
Buskalilly
masofdas
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Athrun888
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptySat 29 Oct 2016 - 16:24

A few of my friends will be playing along with me and they won't be hanging about, so I'll not be doing any sort of hindering challenge run.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptySat 29 Oct 2016 - 23:15

ZeroJones wrote:
Although I'm pretty sure the marketing is being done by TPC, Nintendo have got to sit up and take notice.

In other news, like Athrun, I'm considering a Nuzlocke run first off. Jo is going to be playing the game at the same time as me and I don't want to get too far ahead of her. Whatever happens I'll be playing without looking anything up, which I'd normally do to check what Pokémon are available on the nearby routes. All surprise, all the time (well, as much as I can make it so, at least).

Nice!  Thumbs Up!   Glad to see I might not be the only one!  Smile

I've now worked out some rough rules for the Alolanlocke I'll be following!

The rules:

More to follow probably.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 7:59

Some intriguing twists on the formula there, Athers! Grin I might try to make my run a touch more 'pure' by

Athrun's Sunmoonuzlocke rules:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 8:15

Dare I just hope that it's more fun to play through straight than the previous, phenomenally easy games?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 9:13

I always enjoy a new Pokémon game, even if it is a bit easy. This is why I never got far with Alpha Sapphire, which lacked challenge but was all very familiar.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 9:26

ZeroJones wrote:
Some intriguing twists on the formula there, Athers! Grin I might try to make my run a touch more 'pure' by

Athrun's Sunmoonuzlocke rules:

Fair enough. On that note I'll just specify that the "three chances" thing doesn't mean I can catch three and choose, I have to choose whether to take the Pokemon as soon as I see it or re-encounter in the hope of something else.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptyMon 31 Oct 2016 - 21:31

I always like having my first run through a Pokémon game to be fresh without any self-imposed restrictions, so I'll be giving any Nuzlockes a skip for now.

As for the final stage evolutions being revealed for the starters, I'm not too bothered all told. Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur were on the covers of the originals, after all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptyWed 9 Nov 2016 - 0:36

AW YISS, leaks are coming, and while I normally hate them I've seen some great non-spoilerific news regarding the competitive side of things!

STALL. IS. DEAD!
Why stall is dead:

Both those changes are death knells for Stall, one removes one of the biggest stall mons in the game from viability in the higher tiers of the game, the other makes stall teams completely vulnerable to set-up sweepers.

Oh, and Talonflame got nerfed, Gale Wings only works at full health now. Thank heavens for that, it was one of those Pokemon you had to either run a bulky rock type for or Stealth Rocks or you just instantly lost if it got a Swords Dance/Bulk Up off.

So yeah, more proof Gamefreak is paying attention to the competitive side of things (albeit the VGC scene, but better than nothing!) Not sure how I feel about the changes I've heard of so far, on the one hand they've just killed all three of my most despised Pokemon, on the other I feel they've gone a bit too far with the nerf stick on Stall.
Back to top Go down
Katie Hopkins
Chuffster
Katie Hopkins

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptyWed 9 Nov 2016 - 12:04

I'm going to be naming my disgusting little rat things after great men: Donald J Trump, Adolf Hitler, Darth Vader . . .
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptyMon 14 Nov 2016 - 8:20

My copy's in the mail!!!!! Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptyMon 14 Nov 2016 - 10:39

I reckon mine will be here before Monday which excellent as most will have to wait till Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Nov 2016 - 15:21

Apparently these have the traditional unskippable Pokémon how-to-play-the-game sequences.

So 9/10 games at best then. Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Nov 2016 - 15:24

A game that is hugely popular with very young children and is riding the wave of success of a much simplified phone app goes out of its way to explain its complicated gameplay to newcomers? Unacceptable!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Nov 2016 - 16:03

Drunkalilly wrote:
A game that is hugely popular with very young children and is riding the wave of success of a much simplified phone app and has a significant long-term adult following as well goes out of its way to explain its complicated gameplay to newcomers without an option to skip? Unacceptable!

Yes, it is!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Nov 2016 - 16:04

I fall on the side of having such explanations be skippable. This will be the umpteenth time I will be told how to catch a Pokémon and I was catching Pokémon during the Clinton administration. I'm reasonably sure I have it down at this point.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Nov 2016 - 16:21

It will be literally a couple of minutes out of our lives, and there's an obvious mission to recapture old players with this game. I expect a lot of Pokémon Go players will assume they know what they're doing where they actually don't, so I can see the logic of this decision.

I'm not saying I agree, or I like it, but I can see the reasoning behind it. My time in a Supermarket has given me a low tolerance to people who get too upset about minor delays. I don't know what the game's quality will be, but I wouldn't let a couple of minutes account for 10% of the score of an otherwise perfect game.

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Tue 15 Nov 2016 - 16:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding caveats because I'm really not trying to start a fight even though you're well overreacting and why can't we all just appreciate nice things like man we really need some good news right now and a pokemon game is gonna be just the thing after 201)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptyTue 15 Nov 2016 - 16:45

Contrariwise, I have a low level of patience, especially in what is meant to be an instant entertainment medium.  And for all that what you say about Go makes sense, I don't think that's why they've done it: they've done it in X and Y.

But I am sure the game will still be great!  Looking forward to my grass owl thing, even if (infuriatingly) I know some of its evolution's details now.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptyWed 16 Nov 2016 - 10:50

I'm still getting Rowlet and I'm still going to call it Dr Whowl and my message thing that the game had/has(?) will be the whole "bow ties are cool"
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptyWed 16 Nov 2016 - 19:46

Reviews are dropping all over the place; GIAG gave it 9.5 and Metacritic has it as an 88. Shocked I'm still resisting reading the details whilst trying to get my DQVII playthrough to a reasonable position to drop like a (Sun) stone. As hyped for this as Star Fox Zero earlier in the year - let's hope we all reckon it's ace. Grin
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptyWed 16 Nov 2016 - 21:50

VERY EXCITE.

Picked up my phone this afternoon to text my friend that it's only a week away, and as I did she text me the same thing. Was very weird...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptyWed 16 Nov 2016 - 21:57

Despite everything I've said above... aye, I'm well up for this. Grin (That, incidentally, is a half-sentence I'd not type anywhere else.) I was planning to make tracks down to London from work (which ain't in London) on the 22nd to check if had arrived a day early, but the team we're working with has only gone and organised a dinner for that day! Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptyThu 17 Nov 2016 - 12:00

This last hour is going to be a pain. Though I am sitting at work watching man of steel
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptyFri 18 Nov 2016 - 7:30

Auspost faffed up completely and so my copy of Sun, which shipped monday morning according to the site I purchased it from, has failed to arrive by the release date of today. Doing a bang up job there auspost, great work! Totally wish I order more items and totally don't wish that a better service was available! I totally am also not livid that I now have to spend a weekend hiding from youtube and avoiding any and all of my daily rituals lest I see the few spoilers Nintendo themselves have left untouched.

God I hate how s***e australian services can be. Snail mail that snails could outrun, third world internet, and the most expensive electricity on the planet.

#firstworldproblems
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptyFri 18 Nov 2016 - 11:55

That's really unlucky, I had seen a few people get the game a day early from the post
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 EmptyFri 18 Nov 2016 - 12:00

Athrun888 wrote:
#firstworldproblems

Especially considering the rest of us have to wait another five days regardless! DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!
Page 10 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next