We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Rum
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
NintenDUCK
shanks
Jimbob
Buskalilly
masofdas
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Athrun888
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Feb 2016 - 13:48

If not China, then maybe it will be good o' Blighty. It's a recognisable island shape; it'll give both Japan and America to add in stereotypical bullshit; Ubisoft went to Britain after trying a France thing; you can make a Pokémon that looks like Boris Johnson.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Feb 2016 - 14:53

What about Africa mainly a place like Egypt which would have a desert, Sun and the Moon could work in to mythos from what I know of Egypt also the Legendaries could be based on the Gods like Ra the God of the SUN and Nut is the God of the Sky and Stars and if you read up on both of them, the Moon plays a big part.

Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Feb 2016 - 16:48

Please it's Australia Applause
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Feb 2016 - 17:10

I did think Africa actually. The wildlife would be great, and Egyptian mythology would be a brilliant shout.  Although the idea of a blond yeti Pokémon does also appeal.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Feb 2016 - 18:11

Haven't they already burned most of the obvious ideas from Egypt?  We've got a literal sarcophagus pokemon, Volcarona is supposed to be related to some egyptian deity or other I think, and they did Anubis via Lucario already.  

Kinda hate to be a party pooper (again), it's just when I think countries not yet represented in Pokemon egypt really isn't the first one that springs to my mind.  Winky Face

Africa in general is a good idea mind you, plenty of untapped potential there.  Well, besides lions anyway, gen 6 already did (some very naff looking) lions.  Course that's only the tip of the iceb-... I feel my party pooper side rising again!  Literally as I was thinking that my mind started chasing through all the african animals we've already got!  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Feb 2016 - 21:20

Duh guys, it is going to be set on the actual moon and they're all gonna be alien Pokémon. Deoxys, Clefairy, Sableye and Jirachi are the only returning Pokémon from earlier gens. They're like Rattatas here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptySun 28 Feb 2016 - 7:11

Here lie Lunatone and Solrock, lost in the crack of time so badly they shan't be remembered even for space jokes.  Boo-hoo Drama queen
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptySun 28 Feb 2016 - 9:08

I mentioned them on the previous page! Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016 - 21:09

Whilst I think China is dead-on shout, I'm well game for some Pokéantics on the moon. Lobbing a Pokéball only for it to soar about a hundred feet shy due to the lack of gravity would grow old, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 15:11

GameXplain have done their thing again I'll be honest, I have no clue about Singapore but looking at it on a map it looks like it could be good as a region, assuming we get to go back to an older region (Sinnoh?!) then that would make an awesome game.
They raise an interesting point at the end of the video, do you guys think we'll be seeing this on new hardware? Or will it be another one for the 3DS?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 16:48

Sure they said '3DS' in the video, though it might not stop them pulling a Twilight Princess and making versions for both machines. Also, a new Pokémon generation usually comes on new hardware. Eh?

In other news, watched a programme on creatures who live in extreme conditions last night. The desert section featured lots of ace critters that would make corking Pokémon. Hope the design team are on it!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 16:58

Gold and Silver were only half-new, being Game Boy colour games that were playable on Game Boy. Black and White were on the DS after Diamond and Pearl. There's definitely precedent for Sun and Moon maybe being on 3DS with extra stuff when played on new 3DS.

And yeah, the announcement went out of its way to show them as 3DS games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 18:08

Or they could work on NX as well if it's this rumor of handheld that uses a HDMI dongle and we have got patents about a system with cartridge slot but no optical drive.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 22:45

ZeroJones wrote:

In other news, watched a programme on creatures who live in extreme conditions last night. The desert section featured lots of ace critters that would make corking Pokémon. Hope the design team are on it!

...we're getting a burger Pokémon to go alongside Vanillish, you've jinxed it now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptyWed 9 Mar 2016 - 23:59

I had some thoughts.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 May 2016 - 9:35

Announcements about announcements are my favourite kind of announcements! Dance Seems we'll be getting some new Sun & Moon info on 10th May. Let the speculation commence! Thumbs Up!

Surely too soon for a release date - the starters, maybe?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 May 2016 - 12:05

About time, I was just thinking when I woke up this afternoon that we were due for some actual information. Probably too much to hope we'll get clear images of the legendaries so we can make our version choices this early alas.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 May 2016 - 12:08

And yet all I can think of is, "They should be holding this back for E3." Aww!

I mean, er, sorry, optimism time!  I imagine we'll see a region map, five or so monsters including the starters, and be introduced to whatever big new gimmick drives the generation.  Anything more than that will be a bonus; anything less, a disappointment.  A bigger disappointment that is.

Reckon we can probably scrap that poll now, Athers.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 May 2016 - 15:17

Funny thing that poll, I've been in to edit the opening post multiple times and there's never been a way to remove it!

Don't mind Pokemon not being at e3 myself, it doesn't really have the "wow" factor or spectacle that E3 typically has
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 May 2016 - 15:41

Better than the "nothing but Zelda" that they currently have. Maybe a kind admin. can scrap the poll for you?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 May 2016 - 16:49

E3 can do one :p

Yeah, I'm excited for this. Remember, with X&Y we got the announcement, the starters and the release all at once. This could be sizeable.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 May 2016 - 18:06

Hopefully it's enough to get a carriage added to the hype train, for sure. Remembering Blastoise on the fire truck, I'm keen on seeing how Pokémon play a greater part in the world of Region... but that's a little thing they may not talk about. Like Drunka suggests, maybe something larger is going to be announced?

And, poll deleted. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 13:12

There's no other way to say this, those starters REALLY suck.  

Sun confirmed to be best version, by default of not having a legendary on the cover that makes you go "okay, what exactly is this thing?"

On the bright side THE OVERWORLD MODELS AND GRAPHICS OMG!!! Is this it, are we finally at the point where those georgeus player character models in X and Y are the norm for everything!? I think we are! And I for one am pumped!!

Also if that region isn't based on Hawaii I don't know what is!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 13:33

HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT ROWLET IT'S SO CUUUUUUTE ABOOJEEBOOJEEBOO

The other two seem to be... off-proportion a bit?  Popplio's body is too small compared to its fins and head.  Litten doesn't look to be much worse than Fennekin in my book, same over-sized head, just with a bit of attitude.  But Rowlet is ADORABLE and even with its crippling ice weakness it is going straight in my team. Grin

Legendaries looking pretty damn good, might even be the best-designed cover legendary pair?  Sun's looks like the White Tigerzord from Power Rangers which is no bad thing, Moon's carries that evil dark flying thing torch from Yveltal but with a better design IMHUAPWO.  Bit of Count Bleck to it as well.

Dat region do. Love Non-chibi bodies, beautiful landscapes, region where the majority of people are non-white...  Bring it on yes please!

AND a release date (18th 23rd of November)!  Fair to say the video held up its end of the bargain. Thumbs Up!

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 10 May 2016 - 15:03; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : 18th is in the US)
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 13:34

The starters are mehish, the fire cat looks alright
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!
Page 2 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next