We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Rum
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
NintenDUCK
shanks
Jimbob
Buskalilly
masofdas
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Athrun888
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptySun 27 Nov 2016 - 17:43

Only reached the second island, slowly making my way through as I thought this would be a great time to play some endgame parts of Heart Gold and Black 2. Duh!

Having great fun with it though, all the new little touches such as the Pokedex entry pages really make this even better. Team Skull are just amazing too, they're coming dangerously close to surpassing Jessie and James for hilarity. Liking the step up in challenge from X and Y too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured Online
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptySun 27 Nov 2016 - 19:15

Just made it to the second island. Got some big train journeys next week, excitingly, so I'll play a fair chunk then.
Gonna have lots to say about this videogame. So good!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptySun 27 Nov 2016 - 22:31

I'm basically the same as Shanks but one last minute change is pretty high level that it should be fine to take on the league.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptySun 27 Nov 2016 - 23:05

Same as Drunka, got some big train journeys coming up. The only worry will be charging and battery life...

Athrun888 wrote:
On my team, Wishiwashi is freaking broken powerful, I absolutely love it and its ability. I also love that it doesn't immediately revert to its weak form when it loses its HP, instead doing so at the end of the turn allowing it to do whatever it was trying to do first. It's things like that that make a gimmick neat rather than poorly thought out and harmful.

Uh-huh. Two Wishiwashis in, they're making a biiiiiit too much of a splash for Magikarp-level Pokémon... And then there's that Pokédex entry...

Athrun888 wrote:
For me the little touches like that are what make these games some of the most fun Pokemon titles in a very long time.

Absolutely. The translation seems really good this time around, with some genuinely funny moments. Team Skull, though, and that one character I've just met... They look like the icing on the cake. And everyone knows that in the best cakes, the icing's better than anything else!

Smurf's right about the challenge too, thus far they've pitched it about right. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptyMon 28 Nov 2016 - 5:14

Balladeer wrote:
Same as Drunka, got some big train journeys coming up.  The only worry will be charging and battery life...

Athrun888 wrote:
On my team, Wishiwashi is freaking broken powerful, I absolutely love it and its ability.  I also love that it doesn't immediately revert to its weak form when it loses its HP, instead doing so at the end of the turn allowing it to do whatever it was trying to do first.  It's things like that that make a gimmick neat rather than poorly thought out and harmful.

Uh-huh.  Two Wishiwashis in, they're making a biiiiiit too much of a splash for Magikarp-level Pokémon...  And then there's that Pokédex entry...

Mmmhmm.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptyMon 28 Nov 2016 - 8:43

First attempt at trial: get utterly hammered.

Second attempt at trial: Cutiefly uses Stun Spore, then Struggle Bugs over and over to allow Pikachu to come in and clean up. Very Happy

Wishiwashi findings:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptyMon 28 Nov 2016 - 10:49

I dunno, Wishiwashi can learn actual moves and has better offensive stats even before its GOD DEITY OF REVENGE MODE.  Magikarp's only two offensive attacks are the trainer running over and smacking the enemy on the head with it.   Nah nah!

Those little tykes seem weak but dear god do they hold grudges. Anger them at your peril!

Oh, and on Magikarp here's a player who solo'd the entire game and post-game with one!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptyMon 28 Nov 2016 - 21:25

...I got bored with it and substituted it for a Dewpider. He's more fun. Tongue Named him Starbuck. (Could be a she, can't actually remember.)

On the subject of gender, FEMALE SALANDIT! With a non-crappy nature! Dance Named Vasquez.

Anyone else got to the Fire Trial? Anyone else laugh? That was brilliant, round 2 was. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptyMon 28 Nov 2016 - 21:47

Mixed emotions from me today.

Hidden because of sadness:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptyMon 28 Nov 2016 - 22:36

Sorry to read that my man, may the Nuzlocke gods favour you going forwards! I've lost a lot of Pokémon, really wouldn't want to be trying to Nuzlocke this game. (Chuffing Ace Trainer and his Kadabra...)

Oh hello old game character with apparently new personality, how interesting to see you here!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptyMon 28 Nov 2016 - 22:42

I forgot Zero was doing a Nuzlocke at first, so I read his post and thought "yeah, and. . ?"
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptyTue 29 Nov 2016 - 0:36

This'll still be a Christmas game for me - free time is not something I have a huge amount of at the moment, especially for a meatier RPG experience - but the level of buzz and chat about this game only bodes well. Excited! Grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptyTue 29 Nov 2016 - 5:26

It's rare for a decent number of forumites to be playing the same game at the same time. The power of Pokémon, I suppose! Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptyTue 29 Nov 2016 - 10:42

Yep!  I can't remember the last time we had this level of mutual discussion! Grin Probably because there haven't been many really titanic Nintendo releases recently, of the kind we're all on board for.  (Even this isn't exactly top-level GNamer chat, without Cappa Jas Andy Jay...)

I fought a trainer who apparently had AI this morning, from its use of moves.  I was shocked!  Pleasantly so!

EDIT: Okay guys. Okay. Trial number 4. WHAT THE FLYING FECK.

Maybe my levels were too low...:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptyTue 29 Nov 2016 - 18:51

JayMoyles wrote:
This'll still be a Christmas game for me - free time is not something I have a huge amount of at the moment, especially for a meatier RPG experience - but the level of buzz and chat about this game only bodes well. Excited! Grin

I've now finished it, I'm not sure what I can now add to the chat without spoiling anything. I'm hoping to get Moon for Christmas, if you are playing along that be cool.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptyTue 29 Nov 2016 - 19:36

Balla wrote:

Yep! I can't remember the last time we had this level of mutual discussion! Grin Probably because there haven't been many really titanic Nintendo releases recently, of the kind we're all on board for. (Even this isn't exactly top-level GNamer chat, without Cappa Jas Andy Jay...)

Since I've seen everyone on here's excitement about it the thought of trying the demo out has crossed my mind.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptyTue 29 Nov 2016 - 21:09

I'm chuffed to hear that, Jas - but at the same time, a bit worried. The demo. is, by most accounts, not the greatest example of demo-ing known to man - certainly wasn't for the last pair of Pokégames.

Then again, the start of the games proper isn't the great example of demo-ing known to man, not to anyone who's played a Pokégame before. So I dunno. I really hope you enjoy it, but can just as easily see you being put off by the slow start/poor-quality demo., even if the game proper might do it for you. Eh?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptyTue 29 Nov 2016 - 22:22

This cursèd Nuzlocke continues.

A tale of woe that goes back many minutes:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptyTue 29 Nov 2016 - 23:27

If you've already got a Meowth you could always use dupes clause and re-encounter Zero. helps prevent getting repeats of rubbish while remaining true to the core values of a nuzlocke (forced variety and attachment to your mons)!

I'm ashamed to admit I haven't played any of this for a few days, been busy on another game. That changes today, I hope. Only time will tell if my body and brain are still wrecked by being up for over 28 hours without sleep.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptyTue 29 Nov 2016 - 23:53

Meanwhile I'm finding it tric- (yet another pleased comment about difficulty curve redacted) Had to do some actual training for Kahuna No. 2! Fortunately one of my Alolan 'Mon evolved into something FABULOUS and then it was easy enough.

Also I have a big ol' ape called Cadaverini, and Hawthorne the Cutiefly has evolved too. Smiles all round. Like many have said, really enjoying a lot of the new Pokémon this generation (although there are still weak links...).
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptyWed 30 Nov 2016 - 0:00

Balladeer wrote:
Hawthorne the Cutiefly has evolved too.

Missed you name-dropping this 'Mon earlier in the thread, but it warrants response:

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 Latest?cb=20120828185034
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptyWed 30 Nov 2016 - 2:23

Holy crud there's a rock priority move now!  RIP Charizard, you won't be missed!

And Tuna Submarine God remains the best Pokemon this generation. Bow to it! Worship it! Honour its Name! WISHIWASHI!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptyWed 30 Nov 2016 - 4:30

Balladeer wrote:
I'm chuffed to hear that, Jas - but at the same time, a bit worried.  The demo. is, by most accounts, not the greatest example of demo-ing known to man - certainly wasn't for the last pair of Pokégames.  

Then again, the start of the games proper isn't the great example of demo-ing known to man, not to anyone who's played a Pokégame before.  So I dunno.  I really hope you enjoy it, but can just as easily see you being put off by the slow start/poor-quality demo., even if the game proper might do it for you. Eh?

I'm going to rip it to pieces after what you said about Cave Story. Winky Face Honestly I know what you mean as not every game demos well (like Monster Hunter for example) so I'll try to keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptyWed 30 Nov 2016 - 6:34

Athrun888 wrote:
If you've already got a Meowth you could always use dupes clause and re-encounter Zero. helps prevent getting repeats of rubbish while remaining true to the core values of a nuzlocke (forced variety and attachment to your mons)!

Argh forgot about that. Technically I've missed my shot - the next 'mon I fought on Route 2 was Makuhita, whose evolution is one of my favourite 'mon ever. I suppose that'll make me remember the Dupes Clause next time! Duh!

L'Athrun Huit Cent Quatre-Vingt Huit wrote:
I'm ashamed to admit I haven't played any of this for a few days, been busy on another game.  That changes today, I hope.  Only time will tell if my body and brain are still wrecked by being up for over 28 hours without sleep.  

Whatchoo playin' at, bro? Come join us in Alola! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 EmptyWed 30 Nov 2016 - 7:27

I have also given too much time to stabbing dinosaurs and shooting robots, but will be rectifying that in a big way today and tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!
Page 13 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next