We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Rum
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
NintenDUCK
shanks
Jimbob
Buskalilly
masofdas
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Athrun888
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptyWed 30 Nov 2016 - 8:37

JayMoyles wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Hawthorne the Cutiefly has evolved too.

Missed you name-dropping this 'Mon earlier in the thread, but it warrants response:

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 Latest?cb=20120828185034

Thanks Jay!  Every single Pokémon I've caught has got an AA name.  My favourite remains Edgeworth for my preening pampered starter, although Blackquill would also have worked quite well for her middle form.

Current team also has a Starbuck, a Vasquez, a Cadaverini, and a Brushel - although the latter is no longer really suitable...

Anyway, is it just me or...

Spoiler for characters, met fairly early on:

Last edited by Balladeer on Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 12:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptyWed 30 Nov 2016 - 9:50

Yeah they seem rather suspicious 😒

Anyway I think my favourite Pokémon for this gen may be Mimikyu
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptyWed 30 Nov 2016 - 11:13

I know that the game's out now, but I didn't know PLOT THING until Balla's post there. Embarrassed Could we make sure to be mindful of information that might be of a spoiler-y nature?

Last edited by ZeroJones on Wed 30 Nov 2016 - 13:15; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : to remove the spoiler.)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptyWed 30 Nov 2016 - 12:03

Sorry Zero, that's been spoilered up. Embarrassed Perhaps you should spoiler your post too, for the same reasons?

Also I thought that when I first met them. My opinion has since changed...

Post-Island Two:

I've spoiled for myself what Wimpod does.  Now I want one.  Which is much easier said than done.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptyWed 30 Nov 2016 - 15:45

shanks wrote:
Yeah they seem rather suspicious 😒

A brilliant Pokemon Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptyWed 30 Nov 2016 - 20:33

First impressions are very good - this seems like it's going to be a great game. I started it before the weekend, and, like other people have said, I wasn't that impressed by how many old Pokémon I was seeing. I wasn't up for having a team of Meowths, Grimers and Spearows again. So, being a big dirty bastart, I've spammed the Wonder Trade feature and wound up with this team:

Spoiler:

Not bad. A bit cheaty, but not bad. I'm just about to face the first trail leader, Greystash.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptyWed 30 Nov 2016 - 20:53

It's an immense game, for me. A real coming of age for the series. Thumbs Up! I'm a few steps behind Cappa and am craving more play time with the game. *chews own fist*
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptyThu 1 Dec 2016 - 4:54

shanks wrote:

I got one on wonder trade yesterday!  That dex entry brings up all kinds of horrific images in my head unfortunately.  Ideas of a fleshless Pikachu-like thing with exposed blood vessels and bone.  Pale

Also

Because I needed to post this now!

Heads up to everyone that Meloeta is getting distributed over Mystery Gift in gen 6 (XY and Oras) right now.  Worth mentioning given Pokebank will become sm compatible in jan.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptyThu 1 Dec 2016 - 14:13

I'm also on the Pokemon Moon train, and am thoroughly impressed with it. I think my single favourite thing is that they seem to have done away with HM moves entirely, but there are a lot of smaller things I like about it, like the tongue-in-cheek writing.

Team currently consists of Dartrix, Wishiwashi, Mudbray, Trumbeak, Oricorio and Butterfree. Butterfree will get the boot eventually when I find another new 'mon I want to add, but it's been very helpful for the early game, particularly:

Spoiler:

One thing I don't like is wild Pokemon summoning other wild Pokemon, because A) it often seems interminable and B) it makes trying to catch a Pokemon take longer than it needs to.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptyThu 1 Dec 2016 - 17:37

I'm currently sauntering my way up to the grass trial.
I've managed to get a couple of big ol' sessions in over the last couple of days. Now that I'm progressing, meeting characters, I've got a solid team of six Pokémon, I'm bloody loving this game.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan Online
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptyThu 1 Dec 2016 - 18:34

You are, Drunka, and we wouldn't hope for anything less. Winky Face

Rum Rapture wrote:
Spoiler:

One thing I don't like is wild Pokemon summoning other wild Pokemon, because A) it often seems interminable and B) it makes trying to catch a Pokemon take longer than it needs to.

That one's pretty bad, but wait until you hit number 4. Somebody has some fun times not far ahead... And yes, you're dead right. It doesn't bother me that much, I must admit: I have a fast 'mon with Stun Spore. But it wasn't the best idea.

I've reached the third island! And, intriguingly...

Spoiler:

For all the good work that SM have done taking out the irritating time-consuming bits of the franchise (like the HMs, as Rum rightly mentioned), Gen. 8 still has a bit of a way to go.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptyThu 1 Dec 2016 - 18:57

Balladeer wrote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptyFri 2 Dec 2016 - 7:38

Just done my first trial. It's a good job I figured out the link between Mark Graves and the poppy seeds at the scene of the criwrong game. Embarrassed

A pleasing change from the norm, although superficially similar in places. The weaker/less-fancied members of my team really came through. Cool Now I'm looking forward to cracking on and filling that sixth slot in my team. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptyFri 2 Dec 2016 - 16:30

Just had my first properly frustrating experience with an SOS battle, got absolutely mugged off trying to catch an Igglybuff.

Also, I found out this morning that my male Salandit, Spicy Lizard, won't be evolving so I've gone and swapped him out for Spooky Girl, a Cubone who will soon be a cool Alolan Marowak.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptyFri 2 Dec 2016 - 17:00

Without wanting to make you feel bad, I was so chuffed when I found a female Salandit. So chuffed! (Also re. Johto, I do think it's a bit more obviously Japanese than Kanto and Hoenn, what with Ecruteak City - not sure if that's intentional or not.)

I now have a Wimpod. Had to get one after a battle with a certain person. Just had to. Called it S. Samurai.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptyFri 2 Dec 2016 - 20:01

Drunkalilly wrote:
Also, I found out this morning that my male Salandit, Spicy Lizard, won't be evolving so I've gone and swapped him out for Spooky Girl, a Cubone who will soon be a cool Alolan Marowak.

Gah! Thanks for the heads up - looks like my little Sandalit boy won't be evolving either. Though he was invaluable in the fight with Totem Pokemon number four. He and Oricorio bossed it.

Not sure who I'll replace him with - Alolan Marowak is pretty groovy...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptyFri 2 Dec 2016 - 20:02

My Salazzle kicked ass and was a excellent member of my team.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptyFri 2 Dec 2016 - 22:41

So, the coveted sixth slot in my team.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 6:01

So I'm trying to complete the Dex for this gen and well I've hit a snag in the fact that my houses internet is kinda shit and that with everyone being online my 3ds's can't get online which means no GTS or wonder trading... Hissy fit

I may have to wait until the Pokebank update
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 9:54

Glass tennis racket. Laughing Nice.

I'm past my sixth trial (and envying Rum on the success of his fourth). Got a Mimikyu! And if you call yours anything other than Mimikyutie you're doing it wrong. I'm doing it wrong, I called it Misham (after the shy lady from Apollo Justice).

Speaking of which, Blackquill cameo in Pokémon! Not really. But not far off.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 12:30

I let mine with its original name but it is levelling up rather quickly.

Later on I'm going to try my hand at breeding a decent Mimikyu for competitive (not that I do that but it'll be once to have on hand)
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 15:02

I just cleared the grass trial, that Totem was a pretty nasty bruiser if I do say so. Fortunately it was only a matter of time before it fell thanks to the buffed Poison Fang move, which now inflicts Toxic status! Never would've picked Alolan Grimer for a permanent member of the squad but he's so good. Especially with Minimize spam! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 15:05

Rather than spend ages finding a lady Salandit to replace my male one, I decided to replace it with one of my favourite of the new mon: Oranguru. Who happens to be a lady, but it's irrelevant in her case. And now I've had a bunch of Pokemon evolve within minutes of each other as it would appear they all do so at around the same level, so I've welcomed Mudsdale, Golisopod and Toucannon to my team. The only one left to evolve on my team is Dartrix, and then I'm gonna have what I think will be my final lineup!

Also: Oricorio's ability, Dancer (which immediately copies any "dance" move that an opponent uses) also works with Mirror Move, so I had a battle with two wild Fearow earlier which went like this:

Oricorio used Feather Dance!
Fearow 1 used Mirror Move! Fearow 1 used Feather Dance!
Oricorio's Dancer! Oricorio used Feather Dance!
Fearow 2 used Mirror Move! Fearow 2 used Feather Dance!
Oricorio's Dancer! Oricorio used Feather Dance!

Mate. So much dancing. And afterwards none of us had the attack power to really do any substantial damage.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 16:47

That sounds like my kinda party!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 18:04

I just kicked my Oranguru out of my squad. Embarrassed Don't get me wrong, she's brilliantly designed and she made the ghost trial a piece of cake, but I wanted another type. So I'm training up a Pikachu for Alolan Raichu-hood.

Also Alolan Dugtrio with the great hair has fallen in exchange for another Alolan 'Mon. Finally, we introduce Phoenix Wright to the team!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!
Page 14 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next