We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Rum
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
NintenDUCK
shanks
Jimbob
Buskalilly
masofdas
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Athrun888
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 21:49

I agree with what Athrun says about... their appearance.  They are truly... like that. Embarrassed

I just finished the Eevee sub-quest.  Well.  That was... grim.

And now (16/12/2016) I think I've finished the game. Have no desire to complete the Battle Tree, and the top trainer you face prior to that seems to be... EV-trained maybe? And out of my reach unless I grind up. No real desire to do that, so I'll probably leave it as is. So it's back onto Megamix Remix 10 and Gurumin until I get Picross 3D 2 for Christmas.

Grand game though, a step in the right direction for the franchise. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptyFri 16 Dec 2016 - 15:25

Nuzlocke Zero is over.

Third island:

Fun while it lasted - and I would do it again. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptyFri 16 Dec 2016 - 22:48

Aww, Zero. Sad to hear, but at least you can revive your favourite fallen heroes now. Thumbs Up!

As for my progress, I've been rattled through the second and third trials on Island 2.

Progress:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptySat 17 Dec 2016 - 11:48

I'm glad somebody else struggled with that, I found it really tricky and I seemed to be the only one!  And you're not wrong about Trial 3...

Sorry to hear about the end to Zerolocke.  What's the new and refurbished team?

Oh, and Athrunton/anyone else who fancies contributing: big communal Pokémon music time period thingy at the start of January?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptySat 17 Dec 2016 - 17:43

Balladeer wrote:
I agree with what Athrun says about... their appearance.  They are truly... like that. Embarrassed

I just finished the Eevee sub-quest.  Well.  That was... grim.

And now (16/12/2016) I think I've finished the game.  Have no desire to complete the Battle Tree, and the top trainer you face prior to that seems to be... EV-trained maybe?  And out of my reach unless I grind up.  No real desire to do that, so I'll probably leave it as is.  So it's back onto Megamix Remix 10 and Gurumin until I get Picross 3D 2 for Christmas.

Grand game though, a step in the right direction for the franchise. Thumbs Up!

If he's EV trained I didn't notice.  Winky Face   Swept you know who with my Minior, the glorious Ginyu, fresh from claiming the Champion title!  Granted without Shell Smash and Cosmic Power I'd've been well and truly up the creek, but eh, that's what strategy is for!  

Speaking of strategy shout out to the game having fights with enough bite in them to actually reward bothering with strategy in the first place while also giving the player the tools to be strategic if they wish.  So many of the series locks any real strategic abilities behind the post-game grind.  

ZeroJones wrote:
Nuzlocke Zero is over.

Third island:

Fun while it lasted - and I would do it again. Thumbs Up!

Ouch about the loss Zero, that Totem was one of the tougher ones for sure.  At least it was fun!  And you made it far further than I did!

Balladeer wrote:
Oh, and Athrunton/anyone else who fancies contributing: big communal Pokémon music time period thingy at the start of January?

I'd be up for it.  Words of Radiance won't be hogging most of my spare time for much longer, then it's back to gaming and finishing that top ten list!

On the third trial, that one probably would've been tough.  

If I didn't have GOD HIMSELF incarnated as a tuna submarine on my side that is!  

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 Smugle10
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptySat 17 Dec 2016 - 20:30

Balladeer wrote:
Sorry to hear about the end to Zerolocke.  What's the new and refurbished team?

Neo Zero Team... hey, that sounds like a version of Power Rangers!:
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 15:07

So out of curiosity as I've seen a few manage to find shinies at random intervals. Did anyone here find any? (I found a Lilliepup out of the blue)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 16:08

I haven't, but now both Muss and my friend Jake have found two apiece; he may have been farming, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 16:34

No shinies up to press. I don't expect to find any, either.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 19:52

shanks wrote:
So out of curiosity as I've seen a few manage to find shinies at random intervals. Did anyone here find any? (I found a Lilliepup out of the blue)

I might be wrong but I think they're more common in this game. Not had any random encounters myself but I did get a shiny Type:Null after A LOT of effort.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 21:57

Shiny-less player here. Aww!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 23:35

Fourth Island:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptyMon 19 Dec 2016 - 8:45

Best music in the game in my opinion! Grin
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptyMon 19 Dec 2016 - 11:00

Treesmurf wrote:
shanks wrote:

I might be wrong but I think they're more common in this game. Not had any random encounters myself but I did get a shiny Type:Null after A LOT of effort.

According to my housemate they are meant to be more rarer Eh?

I still really want a shiny Mimikyu but I still can't be bothered going through the "process" of getting one

Edit...

Though:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptyFri 23 Dec 2016 - 14:42

Cute, the game's pokemon centres have a birthday celebrations.  I'll admit I smiled a little even though I don't celebrate it.  

More importantly I've begun filling in the Pokedex.  Closing in on 50% in every island now.  Probably time I started tracking down the UB's and Tapu's!

ALSO, anyone know if they explain why the spotted dragon heck that Grimsley is in Alola? That covered in the post-game?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptyTue 27 Dec 2016 - 15:18

I am fast approaching the end of this game, and anticipating having a great deal to say.
Mostly positive!

Sunny Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptyTue 27 Dec 2016 - 15:40

Good to hear it sir! End of the game not bothering you?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptyTue 27 Dec 2016 - 15:53

Not yet, though I still have a fair whack to go. If I'm not at the end of the beginning, I'm certainly at the beginning of the end.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptyWed 28 Dec 2016 - 9:31

Hurry it up, Drunkinski! I'm well keen on reading your reviewalidoo. Grin
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptyThu 29 Dec 2016 - 17:21

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptyFri 30 Dec 2016 - 23:39

Review.
I'll properly go through this thread and reply to what the rest of you said but I wanted to write up my untainted thoughts first. Spoiler: I liked this videogame.

Now into the post-game! And also Mario. And probably back to Monster Hunter.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptySun 1 Jan 2017 - 22:03

TRIPLE POST!

Athrun888 wrote:
It's official.  I despise Hau.  Under that smile is a conniving self-centred little s***.  Every time he opened his mouth in the epilogue I just wanted to smack him in the face.  
Spoiler:
 Please just do everyone a favour Hau and go away.  I get the archetype they were going for with Hau, the problem is it's always a fine line between a amusing exuberant bag of fun and an irritating idiot.  
I wouldn't say I hated him, but had the likes of Gladion not existed and he been all the recurring rival we were given I would not have been impressed.
Quote :
Spoilers up to the beginning of the fourth island:
OMG you're bang on the money!

I wish I'd been a bit quicker so I could have chatted more as I played, but I generally found myself agreeing with Balla and Athrun about most bits of this game. I'm just starting to do some post-game stuff now and still really enjoying being in that world. Will start working on a music post soon as well Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptySun 1 Jan 2017 - 22:08

He's got a catchy theme tune, which I can't like as much as I should because it's him it accompanies.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptyMon 2 Jan 2017 - 12:08

Psh, Gladion's theme was better.  Especially considering the slick covers it got, Hau'll never get jazz awesomeness like this

Oh, and it only took me over two hours and forty Beast Balls but I finally got myself a lovely level 12 Dragonair in a Beast Ball.  Hooray for spectacular wastes of time!

And that's the second shiny I've encountered while EV training. Not that I'm complaining, shiny Trumbeak-soon-to-be-Toucannon coming out a Beast Ball is bling overload! Love
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 EmptyTue 3 Jan 2017 - 16:39

Athrun888 wrote:
Psh, Gladion's theme was better.  Especially considering the slick covers it got, Hau'll never get jazz awesomeness like this

http://messedupcables.forumotion.net/t14p875-official-nintendo-consoles-music-thread-post-links-to-videos-not-videos#90150

Waiting for your contribution Athers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!
Page 17 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next