We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Rum
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
NintenDUCK
shanks
Jimbob
Buskalilly
masofdas
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Athrun888
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptyTue 3 Jan 2017 - 18:12

Cheeky bugger! I was going to kick that off, as a final day in my countdown of the previous six gens.

Not doing it now.

Okay, maybe I will.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 3:55

I have a problem and it's name is shiny hunting, I thought I'd have a go at it at the start of the week and was lucky enough to end up with a Shiny Wimpod that day, so with that success I continued the next day and got a Pichu, then the next day managed to get a Togedemaru and then just yesterday managed a Shiny Alolan Sandshrew. So all in all I seemed to be doing well getting one a day however I've since been attempting to get a Shiny Yungoos for hours now with very little luck so far, all this for a Yungoos. Duh! Duh! Duh!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 5:57

A friend of mine and Muss' was breeding for a shiny Rowlet and we've taken great joy in telling him it doesn't count if you hunt for it and getting him really wound up.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 9:13

I killed a Shiny Ditto the other day because it only had two perfect IVs.

Just thought everyone would like to know Grin
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 12:40

Sad
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 18:26

Athrun888 wrote:
I killed a Shiny Ditto the other day because it only had two perfect IVs.  

Just thought everyone would like to know Grin
YOU MONSTER!!!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 13:59

Drunkalilly wrote:
A friend of mine and Muss' was breeding for a shiny Rowlet and we've taken great joy in telling him it doesn't count if you hunt for it and getting him really wound up.

To clarify, he's only my friend on a strictly professional, Mario party, basis.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 18:05

There's nothing wrong with befriending a Shiny hunter.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptySat 25 Feb 2017 - 20:10

I'm not an anti-religion kind of guy, but this made me titter...

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 Yz7qEMj
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 20:21

Oddly relevant years old meme from Twitch Plays Pokémon:

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 240?cb=20140926192649
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 23:10

Rum Rapture wrote:
I'm not an anti-religion kind of guy, but this made me titter...

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 Yz7qEMj
I genuinely might give this a try.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 1:02

I'd probably consider doing a run like that, but only if it were bundled with the typical nuzlocke rules.  Pokemon's too easy nowadays without those.

Probably could do with some sort of nicknaming convention as well, perhaps a "all nicknames must be biblical in nature" rule?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 18:51

I'm going to say that the 'Ultra' versions don't deserve their own thread and use this one until I'm told otherwise. The legendaries are wearing Necrozma, Pikachu gets a bigger emphasis (because it isn't big enough already), and it's on the wrong machine.

I'll be ignoring this one: anyone taking the plunge?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 19:00

Couldn't give a Hoothoot

I guess you've got to flog those New 2DS XL's though.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 19:01

I've tried to ignore second versions in the past and failed (hello Black 2) but I'm genuinely not up for this one. More details might persuade me into it, natch. Meh
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 19:12

masofdas wrote:
I guess you've got to flog those New 2DS XL's though.

That's a good point, and exactly what I was worried about (and was reassured against) when the upgrade was announced. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 19:17

Rolling Eyes It's a second version, it doesn't mean anything about the future or direction of any machine.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 20:37

I honestly might jump on board. I've still not managed to finish Sun - I have the worst track record with half-finishing Pokémon games - so a second version is actually tempting me to properly enjoy Aloha to its fullest.

Also, what does it matter which console it releases upon? I'm loving the hell out of Fire Emblem Echoes and I'd imagine that, much like how everyone lavished praise upon their predecessors, I'll end up enjoying Ultra Sun too. I'd say the only major reason to consider skipping it at this stage is the fact that it's a second version, not that it's releasing upon a console that's still receiving a reasonable level of support from Nintendo. There's plenty more to play on Switch, lads.

To be frank though, I may end up giving it a miss because of Silver releasing on Virtual Console. Laughing
I loved my recent playthrough of Yellow and I think I'd rather re-experience my favourite Pokémon game than taking on a second version that, whilst on most levels would be a better Pokémon game, doesn't carry the nostalgia that would be coursing through my veins replaying Silver. The trailer alone had me cheesing it!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 20:43

It'd be something different, probably better looking as a result of the extra tech, would prevent me from having to carry a console around that I'll barely use, and would be another sales coup for the Switch. Hopefully it won't need it, but after the last generation I'd rather be on the safe side.

In other news, Balla continues not to understand nostalgia (SM64 aside).
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 21:24

I don't think the Switch needs a Pokémon, a Mario AND a Zelda to be announced and even released in its first year. Save some heavy hitters like a mainline Pokémon game in your back pocket for a rainy day.

I really don't see anything wrong with a second version being 3DS exclusive. Would I have liked a cross-release of sorts like Monster Hunter XX? Of course! But the end result is still fine. Nintendo have a massive install base replete with kids that will snap a new Pokémon game on 3DS like it was the last piece of cake at the party. We'll still get our fancier, flashier Pokémon game in due course - I'd be stunned if we didn't see it. But the Switch needs legs. This ain't a sprint.

I think the fact that it IS a second version actually works out in the 3DS-phobes favour, to be honest. It's not like you'll be missing an all singing all dancing brand new Pokémon experience. I skipped Black 2 and didn't feel like I'd missed out in any major way.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 21:41

True, I'm not as irritated as I would have been. But still would have appreciated the dual release. This is another occasion where rumours flying about haven't helped.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 22:02

I actually think it'd be bad to have Sun and Moon on Switch. They were pretty advanced by Pokémon standards, but compared to any other game they're super basic in terms of visual design and fidelity. You'd need to do a lot of work before they'd look up to much on a Switch screen, let alone blown up on the TV. Save the Switch's first real Pokémon game until you can really take advantage of the machine.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 22:06

I see your point, and this isn't the best game to make my own point with, but... I hope developers, Nintendo included, don't let that sort of thing put them off bringing visually simple and handheld-y games to the Switch. The big benefit of the hybrid over going down the pure power route will be if developers can focus all their Nintendo-leaning resources on one machine, and we get the handheld titles on Switch.

But that works a lot better with titles that aren't blocky PS2-esque 3D in style, and I do get what you're saying. Here's hope that happens sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 22:07

Aye, I've been thoroughly enjoying Shovel Knight on the TV but I think seeing Sun would be horrific. . .
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 22:52

I'm on board but only because I've not played the originals. I'd only recently been playing Alpha Sapphire at the time, so this should fall around when my Pokemon craving will likely spike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!   Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour! - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Sun and Moon: Now in Ultra Flavour!
Page 18 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next