Where We're Squashed Under The Weight Of eShop Releases

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 11:38

It's not just liking the cute stuff!  (It's definitely partially liking the cute stuff. Embarrassed )  It's more the variety.  

Take your list: the original 151 Pokémon had, off the top of my head, four mice/rats (that looked nothing alike), four cats (one genetically engineered), three fish, four dinosaurs, four dragons (to the point where Lance struggled with his team), and one coconut tree - the latter in itself a sign of originality in design, although you can argue whether that's good or bad.  MHS can't even include a tiger without splicing it with a dinosaur.  

If you're a big dinosaur fan, or even just a big reptile fan, then MHS's monster selection delivers more.  But if you're more into birds, amphibians, mammals especially, arthropods (MHS has a few but they're mostly unhatchable), fish, or inanimate objects Embarrassed then it's lacking.  I love it when they do go full non-reptile: Arzuros, Boardrome, Zamtrios, Nescylla.  Qurupeco's bird enough for me to overlook the dragon-ness.  They just don't do it enough.

It's personal taste at the end of the day, natch.  And I do like cutemons.  Where's that fluffball thing in-game?  I wants it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Space Ark Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Sun 1 Oct 2017 - 16:11

Yeah I figured that might be the case.

Balla wrote:
Where's that fluffball thing in-game? I wants it!

A newly announced monster for MH world........that does make me wonder why they didn't give Stories it's own flagship monster bit of a missed opportunity there I feel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Tue 3 Oct 2017 - 20:01

I suppose I have the opposite question for you, Jas: since you've enjoyed not only a JRPG, but a turn-based JRPG where you can't fully control your Monstie's moves, have you been at all tempted by the rest of the genre?

Meanwhile, plot is happening! Shocking developments! Word of advice: when you have the protagonist in a cage, sending them through the floor/out of the cage is stupid. Although monsters could have broken through the cage am pretty sure...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Space Ark Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Wed 4 Oct 2017 - 1:37

Balladeer wrote:
I suppose I have the opposite question for you, Jas: since you've enjoyed not only a JRPG, but a turn-based JRPG where you can't fully control your Monstie's moves, have you been at all tempted by the rest of the genre?

Even though the battles mechanics is a big part of me not liking JRPG's another is the world/setting they usually have, most are anime/fantasy driven which I'm not that keen on so if they can do something there that interests me I'd be up for trying them. While it's no where near a JRPG I am actually super excited to try out the South Park game(s) this month.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Wed 4 Oct 2017 - 19:16

Far be it from me to point out that MHS is an anime-esque fantasy setting... Wink I kid: although MonHun's world is firmly fantastical, it's also usually in a very Western style, and I'm guessing that's how you can stand the more Easternised trappings of MHS. Anyway, I saw elsewhere that you'd played a good chunk of Xenoblade, so I can't criticise you for not trying. UNLIKE JAY
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Wed 4 Oct 2017 - 19:37

Every time it's brought up, I slot another game in my backlog in front of Xenoblade in my queue of games. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Wed 4 Oct 2017 - 19:44

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Sat 7 Oct 2017 - 8:43

DoPo: I'm going to try and finish this this week. I've let it drift and it's starting to weigh on me. I've just defeated the joke baddie, although I remain sad...
Spoiler:

And I have all the hatchables up to that point apart from Blue Yian-Kut Ku which I can't be bothered with. Frogshark remains my favourite.

Do I have long to go, gents who have already experienced this? I want to polish it up, I have Metroid and Superstar Saga waiting for me.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Sat 7 Oct 2017 - 21:35

Sadly I've made no progress since my last update, so I've no idea Balla!

Blue Yian-Kut-Ku is in the first area, if I remember rightly, but the bugger is super rare.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6