Where We're More Afraid Of Goriyas Than Koreas

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Sat 12 Aug 2017 - 20:20

Second... egg? I'll get back to you on that one. Embarrassed

And it'd be fitting if you had to craft your own weapons... right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Jaster
Orne

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Sat 12 Aug 2017 - 22:04

Ahh my bad you made it seem like you were not far off of where I was but now I can't even remember if my second monster egg was from a main quest or not.

zero wrote:
And it'd be fitting if you had to craft your own weapons... right?

Yup! There is still an option at the smithy that is yet to be unlocked so perhaps it's for crafting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Pokémon Master

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 8:16

Here, guys: this is is really good. It plays like a Pokémon game or Digimon World, butif those games were actually made in the 21st century. Then it also has the fantastic world and monster designs from the Monster Hunter series.

The best bit is how, even though in this one you can befriend monsters, it doesn't take away the series' edge. It's made clear that being a rider requires a very special skill/ stone and requires a monster be raised from an egg, so it's not like everyone else in the monster hunter universe could be doing an Ash Ketchum but they're slaughtering monsters for the hell of it. Then,

early game, even in the demo, plot spoiler:

I am very optimistic about the full game now.

ZeroJones wrote:
I have just got past the character selection bit. The control I'd had up to that point reminded me of Ever Oasis, so I recreated my character from that: Tethina.

I created Visenya Targaryen; very pale blonde hair, purple eyes and a black and red outfit. When I have a suitably impressive dragon, I'll name it Vhagar. (My Velocidrome is called Yondu).
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
JayMoyles
Tenderloin Minimise

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   Tue 15 Aug 2017 - 20:46

Right, the demo is downloaded. I'll play as much as I can and likely buy the real thing. That'll be both my main games of the moment on 3DS. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall   

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Stories: Monsters that are Ten Stories Tall
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3