We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)

Go down 
+9
shanks
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 8:59

What you people say about the art style is very true. Aww! It seems to be beyond saving without a radical overhaul. It's still a bloody brilliant game, but they could - should - have done an MM on it.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015 - 15:08

I bloody love Twilight Princess, I love Wolf Link and I love Midna. I'm really excited to have an excuse to play it again and if it looks a little bit nicer to boot, bargain!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Nov 2015 - 22:04

Just seen on NLife there's a fan HD remake of this and in the second video on there it looks fairly decent. Be interesting to see when both are done which is better the Fan's or a Team that make Ben 10 games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 11:16

There was some uproar over the wolf link amiibo on social media as it was rumored there be a new dungeon.

Well this video explains it and it's nothing to really to make fuss about
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 17:31

I want it anyway as I've got all the Zelda amiibo and it looks gorgeous. A horde mode could be fun, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 22:29

A trials cave.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 22:33

I'm glad, it means the rest of us aren't missing out on anything... worthwhile.

I would like some actual on-disc additions to the game though. WWHD had the Fast Sail - let's at least see something like that.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 22:51

Oh yeah - I'm not fussed about trials caves, but I trust them to make some good (and sensible) additions to the game elsewhere.

This and Dark Souls 3 are both in March! First World Problems
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 23:45

I'm thinking about getting the amiibo, but not the game. I really want to finish original (Wii) Twilight Princess before TPHD comes out, too.

No chance. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Marzy
Ejected into the Lava
Marzy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Jan 2016 - 12:07

Looking forward to playing through it again, it's been 10 years nearly since I last played it. I'm glad it's had the HD treatment, since it really needed it.

Not bothered about the Amiibo, just getting the regular version.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Jan 2016 - 12:29

Jimbob wrote:
This and Dark Souls 3 are both in March! First World Problems

And Pokken! Exciting month.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Jan 2016 - 12:49

Don't worry guys as Dark Souls is April the same time as some big exclusives but March is a decent month for Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Jan 2016 - 10:19

New story trailer released. While I'm not usually the biggest one to spout about graphical fidelity, since that's pretty much the only area TPHD can improve on I feel like I need to focus on it.

It looks awful. Especially Wolf Link's solid lumps of hair. Unless they reveal some utterly blinding changes between now and launch, or you really want that amiibo nonsense, I can't see a reason to get this over the (probably really cheap now) original. TP's my favourite game of all time and this should have been a shoo-in for me, but I'm having serious doubts. No
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Jan 2016 - 10:29

Have you not seen the comparison videos Balla this looks way better next to it's GameCube era brother, I don't know what else you want them to do as it's a remaster you can only do so much with the base game, just look at PS2 to PS3 remasters as that's the nearest you will find also some fairly unknown studio from Australia are handling it not a port powerhouse like Blue Point.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Jan 2016 - 15:00

Wind Waker HD worked well because its art style hasn't aged badly at all, so some texture and lighting upgrades could only help the game out. I wasn't the biggest fan of Twilight Princess's art style in the first place, and I think those same graphical upgrades can only improve the game a little. At its core, it's still a decade old Gamecube/Wii game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Jan 2016 - 21:30

Well screw all of you I'm really excited.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Jan 2016 - 22:12

I'm excited to play again, I think me and Jay just pointing out it's a decade old GameCube game at the core and what it looks like is the best it will look like.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Jan 2016 - 10:50

I keep changing my mind on the difference graphically between the two versions - if you have to see it alongside the original to notice a difference... and yeah I'd like wolf to be all fluffy and hardware fur-mapped instead of the hair spikes that make him look like a Sonic character.
BUT
I'm still mega-excited to play this again. Just hearing the opening cinematic music brings back memories - that to me is the big "yeah, Zelda" feeling. I'm not going to be getting the amiibo (I can't believe I was wrong about Captain Syrup) but I might be looking forward to this most of all this year (unless the new one does actually surface).
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Jan 2016 - 11:44

Yeah I'm excited for it as I'm not willing to pay what people ask for of the Cube version
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Jan 2016 - 16:46

The problem is that we're comparing a game that's in front of us with rose-tinted memories of a game from years ago. For my money, an excuse to play TP again is good enough; that it'll be in HD with some improvements here and there is icing on the cake. And the amiibo is the chocolate star.
Back to top Go down
Marzy
Ejected into the Lava
Marzy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Feb 2016 - 22:05

I'm actually really hyped. It's been so long since I last played it all the way through (Wii launch period) that I've forgotten quite a bit. The fact that I can finally play the original form (not mirrored Wii version) is why I mainly want it and the whole lot of other minor gameplay improvements is a great bonus. Plus I loved inventory management on the gamepad in WWHD, so I know I'll be using the gamepad again for sure.

As for the visuals, I think it looks great, personally. I do think think it could have done a bit of extra shadowing on the textures here and there, to give it a bit more contrast. Not going to be much of a big deal though, it's not something that I'll even be thinking about when I get stuck into the game.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Feb 2016 - 23:10

Marzy wrote:
The fact that I can finally play the original form (not mirrored Wii version) is why I mainly want it and the whole lot of other minor gameplay improvements is a great bonus.

See, that's something that interests me about TPHD. I'm still on my first playthrough of the Wii version and with the mirroring (or realignment, if you will) it'll definitely feel like a different game. To be completely honest, the graphical stuff can go hang.

Last edited by ZeroJones on Thu 4 Feb 2016 - 7:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar and such.)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Feb 2016 - 7:17

I'm likely not to be too fussed about the mirroring, apart from the occasional moment where I take the wrong turn in a dungeon. Also, I'm probably pretty unique in that I don't need an excuse to play TP again - I have done since the Wii U's release. Still a bloody amazing (but ugly) game.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptyThu 4 Feb 2016 - 20:15

I put a poll on the forum's Twitter account to ask which system you've played the original on first: https://twitter.com/gnamer_forum/status/695338706585022466 Just out of interest, natch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Feb 2016 - 19:47

I saw and that the Wii version won hands-down, I've played and own the game on GameCube but I bought on Wii as it was using this new way to play also was a excuse to get a Wii. The same applies for Zelda U and maybe NX version.

Digital Foundry has compared the Wii & Wii U version and I think what there saying about the Wii U version is true that's what we think it looked like 10 years ago but it really didn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)   The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wolfing It Down)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next