We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!

Go down 
+9
masofdas
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
OrangeRakoon
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
Dead Lemon
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyWed 16 Dec 2015 - 18:34

But you can play the XBONE versions with the battletoads stage which I hear is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyWed 16 Dec 2015 - 18:39

There's no way I'll get round to finishing it on a home console.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyWed 16 Dec 2015 - 19:34

I think it'd be brilliant on 3DS. I didn't find myself playing more than a couple of stages at a time - it's perfect to enjoy in bite sized chunks.

Also, I'd forgotten how much I like Balla's voting thread format. The celeb guest sections (what a start, by the way!) are always a treat to read.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyWed 16 Dec 2015 - 20:04

Drunkalilly wrote:
It's on 3DS as well, right? Might get it there once that's fixed.

Retail or download? Grin Either way, it's a lovely game that all of y'all should at least sample in some way.

Also, permission to guess who our Three Wise Men are, Balla?

Guesses:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyWed 16 Dec 2015 - 22:26

You can guess - I just won't tell you if you're right! Very Happy

Also thanks to you and Jay for your comments on the formatting.  You may have noticed that I've added in some sparkles of Zero to the mix. Good to know you're enjoying it at this early stage! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyWed 16 Dec 2015 - 23:42

JayMoyles wrote:
I think it'd be brilliant on 3DS. I didn't find myself playing more than a couple of stages at a time - it's perfect to enjoy in bite sized chunks.

I agree with you on the bite sized chunks & playing it a few stages at a time, I went for it on wii U though for the superior D-pad. Doesn't matter where you experience it though just get it played.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2015 - 8:28

Ninth Place

Ninth Place:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2015 - 10:24

That's the best tune on any Wii U game.

That's definitely too low. There aren't eight games on Wii U that are better than Super Mario 3D World.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2015 - 14:39

I notice it doesn't have any firsts, and I wonder if that's what kept it at the bottom of the list. A lot of people voted it for it but it isn't anyone's favourite game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2015 - 14:42

Only half of us voted for it, I reckon something like Pikmin 3 will place high again as I can see it being in most people's top 10s.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyThu 17 Dec 2015 - 21:46

I didn't vote for SM3DW. It would have made a top fifteen, but the taste it left in my mouth was one of disappointment. To be fair, I don't begrudge it its place - I've just played better on the Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 7:25

Eighth Place

Eighth Place:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 7:40

Another side scroller I've been meaning to play but not got around to. In this case, I even have the game on my xbox, so I ought to do it...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 7:49

Yeah, it's alright (my second place and, bizarrely, the only game I've played on the PS4). Also, we do like a bit of platform here at GNamer, don't we? Grin So far, at least...
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 11:35

Quite surprised that 3D World is that low, I think that's about where it belongs but I'm now very excited about what the higher games are as I don't see everyone agreeing with my top 8 (and SK has already been eliminated).
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 12:53

We do seem to be on course for an all platformer top 10. Laughing

I need to get around to playing the recent Rayman platformers - I've had them sitting in my Steam account for yonks.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 12:56

Which would be representative of the console's output, to be fair!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 13:21

Balladeer wrote:
First things first: Origins can get stuffed.  "All the fun"?  "Mighty fine"?  Naaaaah.  Origins' horrendous aesthetics and music, mediocre level design, and poorly paced platforming led to me abandoning it shortly after the first world, and I didn't enjoy that much.

So I went into this filled with trepidation, and I was blown away.  Rayman slips through the beautifully scored levels as slickly as a greased-up seal on the ice, bounding, swimming, punching, hovering (those bits were a bit meh).  The platforming wasn't Mario, it was a faster slicker beast than that, but that worked just fine.  And the music levels!  Dear God the music levels.  

I didn't finish it properly, because getting all the medals required to do so required playing the dire Origins levels or the Challenge ones, the latter being just too hard for me.  And what was left was short.  Nonetheless, to go from one of the worst 2D platformers on the Wii to one of the best on the Wii U (the only genre the console's heaving with) in a single game is quite a feat.

Shocked

Origins is a gem of a game and arguably superior to Legends. How can you criticise the game's level design and pacing when you only played the first world? If anything, Origins has better paced levels as there's none of the stop-start touch-screen stuff that Legends has. Legends is more of the same, in a more polished package, but I guess there's the chance you're going from the worst version of Origins (Wii) to the best version of Legends (Wii-U) in which case some of these tweaks may be more noticeable.

But to say Origins is one of the worst 2D platformers on the Wii is madness. It's arguably the best 2D platformer on the system, particularly as it nailed "jump-in/jump-out" multiplayer better than New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Donkey Kong Country: Returns. Pretty sure NGamer confirmed this in their review too.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 13:48

I'm slowly learning that Balla has terrible taste
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 14:05

Shocked RUDE!  At least put a tongue emoticon in there!

If the pacing was bad enough to put me off in the first world, I'm not sure it should matter whether the rest of the game improves it miraculously.  I'm not someone who'll put my hand through razor wire to grab diamonds when there are other diamonds just lying about.

As for "one of the worst on the Wii", yes I was exaggerating, but it's far from the best.  It's better than NSMBWii (as is Ninjabread Man, probably), but not as good as DKCR or KEY in my opinion, or the forum's.  Although I did almost finish NSMBWii...  As for drop-in drop-out, the console had a myriad of better multiplayer games.  I judged the game on its single-player alone and was disappointed, especially given the way people talked it up.  

Also where were your votes, GJones? Razz

EDIT: Going back to the Big Wii Voting Thread, my thinking on Origins sounds like it was more focussed on the terrible aesthetics than the pacing, so maybe the latter's not as bad as I remember it being.  I still maintain that Legends improved on it massively, as did at least one other voter.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 14:24

Balladeer wrote:
Shocked RUDE!  At least put a tongue emoticon in there!

If the pacing was bad enough to put me off in the first world, I'm not sure it should matter whether the rest of the game improves it miraculously.  I'm not someone who'll put my hand through razor wire to grab diamonds when there are other diamonds just lying about.

As for "one of the worst on the Wii", yes I was exaggerating, but it's far from the best.  It's better than NSMBWii (as is Ninjabread Man, probably), but not as good as DKCR or KEY in my opinion, or the forum's.  Although I did almost finish NSMBWii...  As for drop-in drop-out, the console had a myriad of better multiplayer games.  I judged the game on its single-player alone and was disappointed, especially given the way people talked it up.  

Also where were your votes, GJones? Razz

EDIT: Going back to the Big Wii Voting Thread, my thinking on Origins sounds like it was more focussed on the terrible aesthetics than the pacing, so maybe the latter's not as bad as I remember it being.  I still maintain that Legends improved on it massively, as did at least one other voter.

I've overlooked the Wii-U threads since I no longer own one Embarrassed

Personally, I'd put Origins over Epic Yarn and DKCR but that's only because I completed Origins and saw more of it than the other two. DKCR became infuriating in the end and Epic Yarn I've not played enough of to really judge it yet.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 14:28

Jay's never owned one, didn't stop him (in the earlier votes)!  (puts Jay up on pedestal)

I liked DKCR's difficulty, much though it made me swear.  Never felt unfair, apart from when I'd accidentally roll into the abyss (or fail to roll when I needed to).  Problems the sequel fixed, thankfully.  Jimbob will back me up on this.

KEY's adorable, get it played. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 16:30

Seventh Place

Seventh Place:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 16:42

Platinum are the masters of the spectacle fighter genre, and Bayo's probably their best work from that genre. It should be placed on a pedestal as an example of how to properly do that genre - more heroines like Bayo and fewer edgelords like Dante, thank you!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 17:05

Interesting. I love the Bayonetta series although can see why some don't get on with it.

Having looked at the games ranked 7 to 10 though, I noticed Balla isn't positive about any of them! What games do you like??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next