We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!

Go down 
+9
masofdas
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
OrangeRakoon
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
Dead Lemon
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 17:15

Gutted, I'm incredibly worried about what we have to come now, even though I gave it a first I wouldn't mind Pikmin 3 winning over it, but I don't think that's about to occupy the next 6 places...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 17:16

I liked the Murfy stages in Rayman legends, they were a nice wee change of pace from the regular levels.

---

balladeer wrote:

I'm sure, absolutely certain, that Bayo 2 is a grand game if you're into "kill all the dudes" genre, which I am not.  Despite the many and varied enemy types, it's no good if they all fight pretty much the same.

They really don't all fight the same though, I found the enemy variation to be really good from big guys that go for grabs etc to ones that have ranged attacks & many have different weaknesses which mean you have to tackle them in certain ways but like you said it's probably down to the fact you haven't played it that much.

Also the boss battles in the Bayonetta games are some of the best in any game.

Crumpy Andy wrote:

Gutted, I'm incredibly worried about what we have to come now, even though I gave it a first I wouldn't mind Pikmin 3 winning over it, but I don't think that's about to occupy the next 6 places...

Prepare yourself for Mario Maker placing quite high. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 17:25

I was also pleasantly surprised by the Murphy levels, they do give off a pretty cool challenge when they ramp up a bit. You also really come to appreciate the Murphy levels after playing them on another console (that isn't the vita), they are awful there.

I really hope Mario Maker doesn't place that highly, I know people like it, but more than 3D World, SK, RL & Bayo2? That would be a travesty.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 17:27

I placed it higher than all but one of those games. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 17:31

Sad
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 17:35

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 17:52

OrangeRakoon wrote:
I'm slowly learning that Balla has terrible taste

Also, bears shit in the woods.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 18:29

Crumpy Andy wrote:

If I were to guess the rest of the top 10... in no particular order:

Mario Kart 8
Smash Wii U
Splatoon
Pikmin 3
Super Mario Maker
Wind Waker HD.

As to the order, not a clue!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 18:38

Balladeer wrote:
I liked DKCR's difficulty, much though it made me swear.  Never felt unfair, apart from when I'd accidentally roll into the abyss (or fail to roll when I needed to).  Problems the sequel fixed, thankfully.  Jimbob will back me up on this.

KEY's adorable, get it played. Thumbs Up!

Any barrel rocket level can get tae intercourse, as far as I'm concerned, on Returns or Freeze. I rate Origins slightly higher than Returns but there's not much in it; the Wii U iterations are much further apart for me. Thumbs Up!

I dismissed KEY too quickly and quite regret it. I beat it on the day I bought it and never touched it again, thoroughly annoyed with a control choice that they made in the final world. If it crops up on the Wii U eShop I will get it and see how wrong I was to rate it lowly.

And seventh! The first game in the list I've not played. Duh! One day, shortly after I've beaten the original... Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 19:11

I'm going to maybe agree with Andy for once on these awards and Thumbs Up! to OR & gJones, as you can see why Balla has found the Wii U rather disappointing as Splatoon & Pikmin 3 are bound to place and he doesn't like them either.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 21:58

JayMoyles wrote:
Crumpy Andy wrote:

If I were to guess the rest of the top 10... in no particular order:

Mario Kart 8
Smash Wii U
Splatoon
Pikmin 3
Super Mario Maker
Wind Waker HD.

As to the order, not a clue!

I think those guesses are spot on. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptyFri 18 Dec 2015 - 23:29

gjones wrote:
Having looked at the games ranked 7 to 10 though, I noticed Balla isn't positive about any of them! What games do you like??

Whoa now, I liked Rayman Legends!  You got so caught up in my dislike of Origins that you didn't notice my like of the game I was actually featuring. Razz I also liked SM3DW, found it a bit disappointing that it wasn't a "full 3D Mario" but enjoyed it nonetheless, a solid 8/10.

I'm not saying Mas is wrong though: the library hasn't been mind-blowing for me.  My top ten list contained two games I'd give no more than 7/10 each.  Each was still fun mind.  My choice of genres is quite limited, and has got more so with my dodgy Internet. But there's also the fact that I just don't have as much time to dedicate to game-playing as I used to, unfortunately.

As for the games list, I'm not saying!  But you might want to check just where WWHD came in Zero's original vote.  (Hint: below two games that have already featured.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptySat 19 Dec 2015 - 9:19

I would be shocked if WWHD doesn't place though and Jays list seems about right with 2 games I voted for not there but may just get in.

@Balla isn't one of your favourite genres JRPGs which Nintendo consoles have always sort of lacked since the SNES?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptySat 19 Dec 2015 - 11:31

Sixth Place

Sixth Place:
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptySat 19 Dec 2015 - 12:03

At least nobody thinks it's the best game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptySat 19 Dec 2015 - 17:26

Solid placement for a game that's only been out 3 months. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptySat 19 Dec 2015 - 22:30

Fifth Place

Fifth Place:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptySat 19 Dec 2015 - 22:32

Balla, how long does it take you to source our celebrity guests? They're always bang-on. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptySat 19 Dec 2015 - 22:33

That's much lower than I thought also I've never thought of it as a RTS which I think more of Command & Conquer.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptySat 19 Dec 2015 - 22:37

JayMoyles wrote:
Balla, how long does it take you to source our celebrity guests? They're always bang-on. Laughing

Cheers Jay! Grin And it depends. Figuring out an artist for SMM took a while, because I just knew that I wanted "an artist" rather than which one. This one, meanwhile, popped into my head pretty much as soon as I thought of fruit.

masofdas wrote:
@Balla isn't one of your favourite genres JRPGs which Nintendo consoles have always sort of lacked since the SNES?

The handhelds have historically been pretty good for them (just ask Jay!). The home consoles not so much, but the last two have had PMTTYD and XC, two games which would slip neatly into my top five ever.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptySat 19 Dec 2015 - 22:41

Yeah the handhelds be it Nintendo or Sony have always been great for JRPGs and Andy even says XC is the joint best JRPG of all-time.

But when I think JRPGs, I don't think Nintendo consoles but certain other Japanese company which got the Final Fantasy games for instance after Nintendo went for carts.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptySat 19 Dec 2015 - 22:49

Maybe it's because I've never played a game in the series past VI (I preferred IV), but the only Sony-specific FF I've ever wanted to play is FFVII.  No matter how much people rage about the greatness of FFXII or whether FFIX/XIII are any good, I don't really miss not being able to play them.  And good though III and IV were, they couldn't shine a candle to the DS' best - Pokémon (ignoring DP), the Mario & Luigis, or of course TWEWY.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptySat 19 Dec 2015 - 23:10

Pikmin robbed too! I think that's going to be the highest placing of the games I voted for Aww!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptySat 19 Dec 2015 - 23:26

masofdas wrote:

But when I think JRPGs, I don't think Nintendo consoles but certain other Japanese company which got the Final Fantasy games for instance after Nintendo went for carts.

The DS is the JRPG machine in my eyes, namely for the games Balla mentioned.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 EmptySun 20 Dec 2015 - 0:05

I agree there's no denying that Jay as it has some great ones. But this is the Wii U vote and OR & gJones both point out Balla has not been a fan of most of the game's so far.

They asked what does he like, I chimed in that he likes JRPGs from what I gather from this forum over the years and Nintendo"s home consoles have lacked them since the N64.

I was just using Final Fantasy as example as it was once a game you could only get on a Nintendo system. Also Final Fantasy IX is the best one Balla.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next