We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!

Go down 
+9
masofdas
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
OrangeRakoon
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
Dead Lemon
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Nov 2015 - 8:37

Triple posting for the second time in (almost) one page, look at the rebel.  You've still got more a week to send your Phase 1 votes/comments, though!

Stage 2: The Satoru Iwata Award for the Very Best Wii U Game as Voted for by the GNamer Forum That You've Actually Played
Ten Votes Each
Voting from now to 00:00 15th December

After Stage 1 finishes up, there'll barely be a chance to catch your breath as I ape Zero's first-birthday thread for a week.  Any (non-VC non-Wii) Wii U game is fair game here, retail or digital.  We'll be doing a countdown to the very greatest game on the Wii U, as chosen by you.  Has Pikmin 3 kept its eye in, or have more recent games replaced it?  Here's where we find out.

One set of ten votes (or fewer) here, with the first place getting 10, etc. etc.  Slightly longer voting period for this, you'll notice, again to avoid overwhelming - you can send me two separate voting slips for the two stages.  I'd almost encourage that.

Similarly to Stage 1, we're looking at games out on Wii U in PAL territories on or before 30th November.  For, y'know, consistency and that.  So Mario Tennis is in, but XCX just misses out.

Why there's no retail-only vote:

Please feel free to give honourable and dishonourable mentions too, which will get their own separate section, to all the Wii U-related stuff that doesn't quite fit into any of the votes.

Voting Template (if you want to use it)

Stage 2:

Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 30 Nov 2015 - 9:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Nov 2015 - 9:08

I'm pleased it's not retail only as shouldn't matter if the game is retail or eShop, just if there good games.

When's the forum award votes then?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Nov 2015 - 14:02

This is a really really dumb question, and could probably be answered simply by however I'd send my PM, but: In those templates, are the numbers 5 to 1 referring to the number of points (in which case the best game is at the top) or the position (in which case the best game is at the bottom)?

I almost hate myself for even asking this.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Nov 2015 - 14:03

In the templates it's in ranking order, so 1 would get the most points. Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Nov 2015 - 18:23

I had a Top 30 which was games that I would sort of give a 7 or above which I've got down to 16 quite easily, I've got rid of one of those 16 which might be one the best uses if the gamepad but is missing that sort of oomph in a overall package.

I've got my number 1 but the other 9 places, I've got no idea what order to put them & what of those 14 games that isn't my number 1 as I can make arguments for them all like this is the best 2D platfomer etc.

I need that sort thing that Andy linked to in your actual top what ever thread.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 1 Dec 2015 - 15:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptyMon 30 Nov 2015 - 22:13

Still chewing over my votes. Three categories to go... and then the comments, too. I'm up for voting - but my schedule might have other ideas. Duh!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Dec 2015 - 8:10

I've got another vote in for Stage 1, so it's time for a question. Somebody's put Bayo 1 down in the eShop vote, on the grounds that the retail edition was a special edition that came with the sequel. I wouldn't have thought of it like that, given that the retail version was the ubiquitous one, but I'm happy either way, especially because it's only one person so far. But do the rest of you have opinions?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Dec 2015 - 10:27

Awright, voting and violating my original statement.  

Spoiler:

Omitted anything that doesn't apply, like worst game which would just be my top three in reverse since I haven't played any bad games on the system (nor do I play games that would be considered "bad" much to begin with lol).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Dec 2015 - 10:44

This year has been a good year for RPG's with a good one in sort each sub-genre be it Bloodborne, Witcher III or XCX for instance.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Dec 2015 - 15:57

DoPo

As I've spent this afternoon gettign down to a Top 10, it took a while but I used a chart putting each game against each other and repeat selecting which one I would sooner play.

I may have the strangest Top 10 as some massive Wii U games are missing, which Balla knows.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptyTue 1 Dec 2015 - 16:55

Well done to Mas for getting all his votes in swiftly!  Must admit, I was surprised when Frenchy Bird took his top spot...

Just a clarification about Honourables and Dishonourables: while you can feel free to mention specific games, I'll also include anything else relevant to the Wii U.  The machine, the controller, the stylus, the people, the companies, the sales, the characters and worlds (for dishonourables)...  

Cheers to Athrun too!  Are public votes the new private votes???? I have six sets of general votes so far, and two for the Iwata Award.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Dec 2015 - 23:22

Balladeer wrote:
Somebody's put Bayo 1 down in the eShop vote, on the grounds that the retail edition was a special edition that came with the sequel.  I wouldn't have thought of it like that, given that the retail version was the ubiquitous one, but I'm happy either way, especially because it's only one person so far.  But do the rest of you have opinions?

Fine either way - I have taken it to be a retail game and excluded it from my eShop vote (which is now in, fact fans, along with some squirrely and weird comments). Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Dec 2015 - 9:08

Stage 2 Vote:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptySat 5 Dec 2015 - 11:07

That's me MP'd my stage 1 votes over to balla, stage 2 shouldn't be too long behind it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptySat 5 Dec 2015 - 12:45

...Jas, you can't vote for Shovel Knight five times in every category. Naughty (I've not actually looked at Jas' votes yet, to be clear!)

Thanks Jas! Reminder that this weekend is your last chance to vote for Stage 1. Smile
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptySat 5 Dec 2015 - 14:07

I'll get some votes in for the Stage One categories I can contribute towards later on this evening. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptySat 5 Dec 2015 - 16:21

Balladeer wrote:
...Jas, you can't vote for Shovel Knight five times in every category. Naughty (I've not actually looked at Jas' votes yet, to be clear!)

Thanks Jas!  Reminder that this weekend is your last chance to vote for Stage 1. Smile

You almost had me there as.....

minor voting spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Dec 2015 - 9:15

And nothing is spoiled at all. Razz

Last day (for Phase 1) people!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptySun 6 Dec 2015 - 23:19

Chucked in some votes, just in time! Phew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptyMon 7 Dec 2015 - 7:45

Thanks gents! Expect the first award to go up tomorrow. Smile Stage 2 is of course still open.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptyMon 7 Dec 2015 - 21:48

Can't wait, so we getting 10 days of Stage 1 starting with Best eShop then on to Stage 2 will also be 10 days but each day will be the place of a game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2015 - 8:54

Let's get this show on the road, starting from the bottom and working out way up.

The Cr@p Games Reviews Award for the Rubbishest Game We've Played on Wii U

In Fifth Place:

Joint Fifth Place:

Yet Another Fifth Place:

And Another Bloody Fifth Place:

Third Place:

Joint Third Place:

Second Place:

First Place:

Failed to Place:

My Own Thoughts:

Please vote in Stage 2.

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 8 Dec 2015 - 19:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2015 - 9:17

That's the worst worst games list I've ever seen as two of those games are excellent and the first choice even though not great but if you were to rank every Wii U game you wouldn't put in at 200 odd place it be down in the 70's.

Rayman got a negative vote, yet according to our own site it's a classic.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2015 - 11:05

Spoiler:

You people make me sick.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 EmptyTue 8 Dec 2015 - 11:24

That was (Wonderful One Oh) one of mine, I'm afraid.  Lovely presentation, slightly head-warping but not terribly problematic controls... but the mission length had me begging for the end (of the mission/the sweet release of death: delete as appropriate) by halfway through, and the "characters" made me want to pull off my own head.  Add in the dubious camera and the disappointment factor for what was going to be The Wii U's Niche Quirky Saviour in its miserable first year, and you have a game I have very bad memories of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!   The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chuffing Mental Third Anniversary Wii U Voting Thread: Thanks For Playing!
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next