We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time

Go down 
+10
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
Dead Lemon
Buskalilly
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time Empty
PostSubject: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptyTue 29 Dec 2015 - 19:13

Or 'MIST', for short.

DIGRESSION ALERT: The alternative title was 'Big Ass Summer Meetup', but I didn't like the sound of 'BASM'.

Balla and I have been chatting about future plans for the forum and that, and I'd really like to get a meetup organised of all of us all. The full-on mad plan would be to have a meetup in England, and one in Scotland at the same time. So, plenty of questions.

Who's up for it? When would be best? And where?

EDIT ONE: Looks like we're heading for a night on the Toon (or Splatoon?). Declare your availability for June and July 2016 by January 31st here: http://doodle.com/poll/f3uwiq2inpkqdvte

Last edited by ZeroJones on Wed 13 Jan 2016 - 22:04; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptyTue 29 Dec 2015 - 22:38

I'm definitely up for it. I'd obviously be up for a Scottish meetup, but if there's not enough interest up here then I could easily make it down south with enough notice. I actually have a week off booked in September already, but could always take a few more days off if need be. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 8:44

Any time before Q4, more or less, should be good for me! Thumbs Up! I'd also be happy to come up to Scotland, given enough warning.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 11:24

One in Scotland would be no bother for me. I'm living in the North East but the central belt is usually quite straightforward to get to. I think Glasgow could be a good shout, and we all make a weekend of it. I'd assume Jay and Jaster would be kicking about - maybe a meetup could take in an ICW event?

In England, I don't think I'd be up for going much further than Newcastle, so I'd probably miss out on that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 12:55

Me & Drunka have said the few times when we've done stuff we need to do some meet ups, wrestling came to mind again but not all would want to do that, we asked about Taylor Davis, the only other thing we thought of was gaming (other nerd events could also work) events be it Rezzed, EGX, Play Expo for instance.

I've said about a South-West meet-up before in Weston due to arcade but not much interest in that but hey I'll meet gJones soon with that retro dreamcast event in bristol.

I'm happy to go most places and willing to drive myself and Drunka, Muss, gJones, EofGizmo, I think someone else is fairly close as well for something.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 20:02

Doesn't need to be tied to an event or anything: I'd be up just for meeting all of you in a pub garden for a day.
Would be great to meet the Scottish continent as well, but with enough notice I'm up for just about anything.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 20:52

Drunkalilly wrote:
Would be great to meet the Scottish continent

We're just a country up here Drunka. Razz

Yeah, I think if it was centered around an event, it'd be best to have it as something gaming related. Wrasslin' can be kept separate from this as that'd exclude a fair whack of the forum. Definitely up for just having some drinks and playing some games with you bunch. I've spoken to you all for a good few years now on the internet and some for even longer (think I joined the NGamer forum in '07 and I know for a fact Balla was there at the time) - I'm sure it won't be too horrible to meet you all IRL. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptyThu 31 Dec 2015 - 1:14

If I can overcome my social anxiety issues and have enough prior warning to get time off work i'd be interested in attending a meetup. Scotland based would be easiest but depending on where exactly and when a trip down south may not be out of the question.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptyThu 31 Dec 2015 - 13:16

Like most have said as long as we are told of a meetup well in advance I'd be well up for this, much like TCK though I doubt I could go further than Newcastle.

---

It'd also be nice if we could all somehow chip in to get everyone to the same event rather than having separate meet ups.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptyThu 31 Dec 2015 - 13:47

Jas, you are totally right that it would be brilliant to get all of us all to one spot, and that would be absolutely ideal. We could aim for that, if people wanted - totally open to suggestions. Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptyThu 31 Dec 2015 - 15:33

Only problem with sticking to a single meet-up is that we've got a significant group of forumites in Scotland, some of whom aren't willing to travel down south. If we have the same thing reversed, it's either two meet-ups, or... meet in Newcastle. Afraid
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptyThu 31 Dec 2015 - 16:41

It would take me about six hours to get to Newcastle from where I live, and I think that it's about 250 miles away. I'd feel that I'm meeting folk in the middle if I went there, in the same way that folk from the likes of London probably would too. Newcastle is a good night on the tiles too.

A Scotland meetup, an England meetup and potentially a joint meetup (near enough to the border) later in 2016 might be the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptyThu 31 Dec 2015 - 17:49

I'd be up for Newcastle if that's what it would take. As long as we agree on dates etc soon, the cost of travel can be arranged for.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptyThu 31 Dec 2015 - 20:16

It's a 343 (Guilty Spark) mile trip for me to Newcastle, the drive to Sheffield (Which is halfway between Glasgow & Taunton 'ish) wasn't bad but that's another 100 miles on top and nearly 6hrs drive if traffic is good.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptyThu 31 Dec 2015 - 21:53

Well, when I said chip in I meant to maybe cover everyone's travel costs even if it takes hiring some sort of bus - just thinking it'd be easier if everything was organised rather than going "here's the time/place, hope to see you there" if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptyThu 31 Dec 2015 - 22:11

Certainly but where would the bus start also after a certain size we may need depending on numbers, we wouldn't able to drive ourself's unless someone has a licence I don't know about.

If I can't make the event I can't make it, that simple but like do something.
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptyThu 31 Dec 2015 - 23:49

Maybe we all go somewhere that's roughly the same distance for us all to travel to....

GNamer E3 Meet up and/or Vegas trip. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptyFri 1 Jan 2016 - 13:12

masofdas wrote:
Certainly but where would the bus start also after a certain size we may need depending on numbers, we wouldn't able to drive ourself's unless someone has a licence I don't know about.

If I can't make the event I can't make it, that simple but like do something.

For where the bus would start it'd all depend on where the meet up was, wouldn't it? Grab the people who are furthest away first then work your way through the people who are closest to the meet up point.

As for the "If I can't make it..." point that is totally understandable but having the meet up properly organised in this way there should be less chance of that happening.

Dead Lemon wrote:
GNamer E3 Meet up and/or Vegas trip. Thumbs Up!

GNamer invades E3 would be fucking quality!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptyFri 1 Jan 2016 - 14:40

I'd be happy to head anywhere really provided I had enough notice. Obviously the further south we go the more expensive it'll be for me, but I've not had a trip away in ages and I've also wanted to meet up with you fine folks for a while now, so I'd be prepared to splash out a bit for this. Thumbs Up!

A thought: if we do go somewhere like Newcastle - and I'd presume we'd all be staying the night - someone could bring up a Wii U with them and we could all pile into a hotel room at some point for some Smash and Mario Kart.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptyFri 1 Jan 2016 - 19:22

I was thinking I could make a long weekend out of going to Scotland, actually. Take Monday off, spend some time with yous, spend some time being a tourist.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptyFri 1 Jan 2016 - 20:21

Once we're into Newcastles and Scotlands I'd probably be thinking a train or a plane.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptySat 2 Jan 2016 - 18:12

Drunkalilly wrote:
Once we're into Newcastles and Scotlands I'd probably be thinking a train or a plane.

Exeter to Newcastle and back is about £80 per person in mid June.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptySun 3 Jan 2016 - 10:51

I could book that as soon as we have a date and then I'm not worrying about it, y'know?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptySun 3 Jan 2016 - 11:45

Yep, and actually having a proper look Easyjet from Bristol is cheaper. For me, you and Muss it would be £145 (£48 each) that's based on leaving Bristol Saturday morning and leaving Newcastle on Monday morning for instance in June.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time EmptySun 3 Jan 2016 - 19:21

Wow! I'm not sure Muss'd be up for it but I'd do a flight because planes are fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time   GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer Forum Meetup In Summer Time
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next