We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)

Go down 
+11
fronkhead
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
The_Jaster
TGN Professor
shanks
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Admin
NintenDUCK
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 0:02

Axis1500 wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:
I wonder why the loading times are so long? From the videos I've seen, the graphics don't look like they'd break the Wii into a sweat. Meh

I'd still like this, but purchasing Luigi's Mansion 2, HarmoKnight and something else I can't remember this week has put my spending on ice for a little while.

The load times are long because they seem to load the whole outdoor city at once.
Yet cars seem to appear right before your eyes at times but I sound like I'm complaining when I'm still really enjoying the game. I'm probably about half way through the chapters and my overall progress is still quite small which just goes to show the amount of collectibles in this, it's sure to keep the most determined of gamers going for a long long time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 10:22

I am so so happy. Something else to play on the Wii U that doesn't freeze it (damn you Darksiders). It's been the only game that I've sat at until my GamePad needed charging again. I agree the cars are a bit hard to steer, but I assume that's my problem.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 13:28

Nope I too hate how the cars handle boats as well and bikes..
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptyTue 2 Apr 2013 - 19:42

My £27.88 copy arrived from Zavvi today. Waiting an extra week (as you do with Zavvi) for £12 less was a good deal in my book.

Anyhoo, done the first mission, and two things strike me: the laugh-out-loud nature of the script and voice acting, and the minging loading times. I have enjoyed it thus far though.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptyTue 2 Apr 2013 - 23:14

Loading times seen to have got shorter for me as the game goes on, perhaps it might just be because there's less pauses like at the start but it's certainly a lot less of an issue than it was at first.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptyWed 3 Apr 2013 - 13:32

One thing that annoys me a little is if quitting through a mission and when turning it back on you end up back at the prescient and in some cases have to travel a fair distance to get back into the swing of things
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptyFri 5 Apr 2013 - 13:53

NintendoEurope have started releasing codes for bonus costumes via their twitter and facebook.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 10:07

Just finished the main story with one hell of a final mission, now I guess I'll either go through free play or not touch my Wii U for the next few months
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013 - 11:49

About a fortnight ago I became an owner of this. I've hit a wall in Darksiders II so I might swap it out for this. Late to the party, as I tend to be... Meh
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013 - 22:48

You won't regret it, cracking game.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013 - 23:21

Best gag in this game? 

only half-spoiled:

You'll know
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptyFri 14 Jun 2013 - 7:29

Yeah, got a little way in last night. I normally hate seeing these words used to describe a game but in this case it's true: Lego City Undercover is genuinely funny. Shocked
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 11:25

Pretty late to the party on this one but I honestly haven't laughed so hard at a game's opening cutscene in, well ever. Excellent gameplay too. Only problem is I've got  700,000 studs and no idea what to do with them... any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 20:48

NintenDUCK wrote:
Pretty late to the party on this one but I honestly haven't laughed so hard at a game's opening cutscene in, well ever. Excellent gameplay too. Only problem is I've got  700,000 studs and no idea what to do with them... any ideas?

Hold on a bit... do a couple of missions, look around a bit, then head back to the police station. It'll all make sense. It will begin.

(Unless you've finished the game and have them left over, in which I apologise and will shut my mouth).
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 22:24

Oh ok, and I'm only really getting into the game now after spending a silly amount of time joyriding in a dump truck, I've just done the dojo bit Pirate
In other news, we are in dire need of a ninja emoticon... balla? stu?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Jun 2013 - 9:10

We already have a ninja emoticon; it's just that he's so good at hiding no-one can find him.

My progress through this is slow, though enjoyable. It's honestly funny and the Lego gameplay has been honed to a fine standard. It feels different enough to previous Lego games, which was my big concern from the trailers. "Oh, that bit's from Batman; there's something from Harry Potter" - it all feels like its own separate experience, though, which is great.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptySun 26 Mar 2017 - 21:21

I wrote:

Thoroughly enjoyable, completely different from the other Lego games and just so solid and gorgeous in every conceivable way. It’s probably one of the funniest games I’ve ever played too. On Wii U, it’s unmissable.

What a game Lego City Undercover was by the way. And it's coming back! It's out on the Switch in a fortnight. Is anyone going to double-dip, or is it just an expense that you can't justify when CEX have the old Wii U version for a tenner? I'm tempted to get it again...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptySun 26 Mar 2017 - 22:43

If it is meaningfully better or different, I'll be very tempted to pick it up. Especially with the advantage of handheld play as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptySun 26 Mar 2017 - 22:46

I think I might get it regardless, for two reasons: to see if it's as good as my memory reckons, and to see how much it improves with faster loading times.

Oh, and, moving. Cool
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptySun 26 Mar 2017 - 23:12

ZeroJones wrote:
faster loading times.

That would be enough to qualify as significantly better to me.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2017 - 5:44

Might wait for a bit of a price drop on this one, but having missed out on Wii U I am at least interested. Bit cheeky if it's a straight re-release with no enhancements, mind.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2017 - 10:36

I think they did change a few things and added in CO-OP also unlike like most Switch games this is cheaper then the other versions (part from Wii U of course) as WB have some how got it on a 8GB card.

Which might be a little worrying as it was 22GB on Wii U and is 17GB something on Xbox One, that I don't know what they've done to get it under 8GB on Switch.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2017 - 10:56

I'd guess either programming skill or a massive day one patch. I'm choosing to remain optimistic . . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2017 - 22:01

You are correct it's a massive 13gb day one patch, if you buy the game on cartridge.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Mar 2017 - 0:02

Hopefully patches of that size don't become a thing on Switch as it'd ruin the immediacy of the system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)   Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lego city! (Switched From The Wii U Forum)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next