We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wha'daya So Mad About?

Go down 
+9
The_Jaster
masofdas
Jimbob
Balladeer
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Muss
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 10:08

Young mas, I'll give you that - the comments were all about Alpha Sapphire. Thumbs Up!

Just for the crack, the cool extra feature that the last person liked was the Latias/Latios flying. Which, to be fair, was brilliant. Cool Mas, to you!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 14:28

Arkon with a 4 wrote:

wow im amazed this got so many positive reviews . this is the first NAME game in the series i did not care for . the cutesey moronic graphic style really turned me off but i plodded through and beat the game . the story didnt do much for me eather even though CHARACTER was kinda intresting not much about what was going on hooked me. im tryin to remember the story more since its been 10 years or so since i beat this . i do remember how freekin annoyed i was about the back attacks and the pincer attacks which i swear to god happend like 50% of the time . i kid you not i do remember i had that happen 13X in a ROW.and just wanted to spike my controller into the TV. then your main charicter looks like a metrosexaul monkey which i just hated how he looked and him personally . about the only possitive thing is you can have 4 players in your party . i really dont even know how or why i finished this game . my guess was that it was DEV at the time who back then almost every RPG they made was GOLD . this certainly is not.

Kevin with a 3 wrote:

This game was very dissapointing. The music was good, and so were the graphics, but the story and gameplay were all just too...done! It seemed like DEV tried to combine GAME and GAME  into one game. With all of the "child" looking characters, it jut reminded me of the GAME characters. And it seemed to follow GAME theme of love. I did, however, rather enjoy the use of the CHARACTER in this game, but all of the other mini-games and side-quests were just plain boring. The story was way to predictable, and the game was way to easy to beat. You could beat the final boss with ease at level 50(which is not hard to get to). If it weren't for the fact that DEV tried to make this game for younger kids, and made it more...mature, this game would have been much greater

Morgan with a 0 wrote:

Boring, boring, boring. The plot is so shallow that makes you doubt your intelligence, the gameplay makes you want to cut your hands ang the graphics sucs. It is the most overrated game ever. I want my spended hours back!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 21:26

masofdas wrote:
I think Jay might be on to something with Pokemon or what else would be considered by some more assessable RPG's

Also one of the names has BvS in it that I'm thinking something fairly recent and a remaster with things like was hoping for some big changes and it's only a visual improvement

As it's from Zero I'm thinking it's a 3DS or Wii U game due to the BvS name that it's a recent Nintendo system, now on Wii U there aren't many remasters part from the Zelda's and I doubt it's either of those, that brings me to the 3DS and with Bravo [company] which I'm thinking has to be Nintendo themselves.

Which I think leaves pretty much only one or is it two games as it's Pokemon, a remaster and on 3DS, it can only be Pokemon OmegaRuby or AlphaSapphire?

Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 Rq7GML4

Also, for the latest round... Final Fantasy IX?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 21:28

Bingo Jay
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 21:46

Ah really? Fuck, that was a bit of an unsure guess too. Right, well, I'm up!

A thought, by the by, if we have another Jay-Zero-Mas cycle, it might be time to pack the thread in. It'd be a shame, as this is one of my favourites! But enough of that, let's get some Metacritic bile on deck.

Burning all his [game series] memorabilia wrote:

I have been playing [name of series] since the second game in the series. Not the second localised one, the actual second game on the [console of release]. Seeing this... Destruction of a franchise I hold near and dear to my heart, and then to see people praising it... Well, it was enough to make me give up on this series. So... Where do I begin?
The plot is garbage. It feels like 3 stories glued together, with plot holes ridden throughout, as well as feeling like less of an [genre] and more of a Visual Novel. Characters can barely be called such, all of them have a single personality trait, and that's it. It's sad when [other game in series], which came out almost 20 years ago, has more developed and 3-dimensional characters.

The gameplay is departure from even the previous game, and has so little strategy, that the closest you get is a game mode where people write guides on how to do exactly everything. When the beauty of [series] comes in the customization. Seriously, If you want a good [series] game with a Mature story (something people who praise this game claim it has), go play [game in series NOT EVEN RELEASED IN THE WEST YOU IDIOT].

My TV is as big as my ego wrote:
This was my very first time playing [series]. I have to say that I love all [genre] including [subset of genre]. But I just couldn't get into this game at all. I played for about 3 hours and just shut down the game. I know people love this game but I just did not find it fun. The anime cut scenes are fun to watch but the in game interactions between characters where quit dull. The graphics are great for a [console of release] game but I could not get into the [redacted to avoid giving it away easily]. For this kind of game I would need total immersion with my 60" TV and my Beyerdynamic headphones. But to me it just falls flat on [console of release]. And I do love a good 50+ [genre]/[subset of genre].

Likes lists wrote:

I'm rather confused as to how this game is receiving such exceptional reviews. It's a mediocre [subset of genre] game that suffers from a lack of compelling elements. My biggest complaints are:
- [probably gives it away too easily. I'll reveal if a clue is needed]
- [stages?] are bland and lack features present in better [subset of genre] games (altitude, etc.)
- The "voice acting" mainly consist of simple utterances that are repeated far too often
- Story & Characters are dull and uninteresting
I could go on but I'll leave it at this. The game isn't horrible and brings back a lot of the classic [series] nostalgia, but it's very far from great.

I'll say this much - I'm fairly certain the first dude reviewed the wrong game in the series. Could be wrong, but something he says in there fits better with another game in the series.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 22:11

Persona 4?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 22:57

A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!

...but sadly, this new challenger is incorrect. Sorry Drunka, not Persona 4!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptySat 30 Jul 2016 - 20:46

Oh can I go again? I think it might be a game I recently purchased...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptySat 30 Jul 2016 - 21:45

I'm thinking it's some sort of Dragon Quest?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 18:54

I'll need an exact guess, Mas!

And yeah, course Drunka! Usual rule of thumb is no more than two guesses in a row, I'd say.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 22:28

Is it The World Ends With You?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 23:16

It is not TWEWY!

Also, let me know your thoughts on that when you start playing it. I've been jonesing to replay TWEWY and I might start it up again when you start it.

I'll take one more guess before I reveal a clue.
Back to top Go down
GingaNinja741
Magikarp
GingaNinja741

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptySat 6 Aug 2016 - 22:16

Hello all, I'm taking a guess at Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn? Definitely a FE game.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptySun 7 Aug 2016 - 7:59

That is an excellent shout! Applause Also, hello - please feel free to make yourself at home here. Grin
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptySun 7 Aug 2016 - 23:10

It's not Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn!

...a clue though - it's definitely a strategy RPG.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptyFri 12 Aug 2016 - 23:43

A clue! Here's one of the reviews with most of the redacted info put back in, bar the one that gives away the name of the series.

Declassified wrote:
I'm rather confused as to how this game is receiving such exceptional reviews. It's a mediocre tactics game that suffers from a lack of compelling elements. My biggest complaints are:
- You have to move THEN attack, no attack then move
- Maps are bland and lack features present in better tactics games (altitude, etc.)
- The "voice acting" mainly consist of simple utterances that are repeated far too often
- Story & Characters are dull and uninteresting
I could go on but I'll leave it at this. The game isn't horrible and brings back a lot of the classic [series] nostalgia, but it's very far from great.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptySat 13 Aug 2016 - 19:48

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016 - 22:28

It is not Sacred Stones... but it is a Fire Emblem game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016 - 22:30

Interesting as that was the second localised FE game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016 - 23:14

Yeah, but the first guy was saying he'd been playing since the second game in the series - doesn't mean he was playing that game in the series though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptyTue 16 Aug 2016 - 6:50

See how I read it was that yeah he's been playing before localisation but the second localised one he was saying took the series in a different direction, from the first few sentences.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2016 - 22:36

Well, could have been what he meant - you never know with Metacritic!

Any other guesses?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptyThu 18 Aug 2016 - 10:59

If I may have a guess?  With all that hate it's gotta be Fire Emblem Awakening surely!  Braindead maps, simple oft-repeated voiced phrases, removal of altitude, lovely looking cutscenes, all sounds applicable.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 15:25

You're absolutely right Athrun! It's over to you now. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 EmptySat 24 Jun 2017 - 16:32

I was speaking to Drunka about this thread... I miss it, and it's time for a revival.

So... what game are these fine souls reviewing? An easy one to restart us here, mind.

Huh, not even 8K 120fps, disgusting wrote:
The game is very over rated. Aside from performance issues, mediocre graphics and stability issues, the game suffers from mediocre controls, the inability to remap the controls at all and random crashes. The high ratings for this game are simply because of its name. It's literally only in 900p FFS.

IGN inspired wrote:
Too much water Don't believe the hype. The world feels empty and unfinished like an early access game. Framerates are horrid [redacted for difficulty of guessing!]. I don ind low framerates but the random constant swings are too noticable. Looks like a ps3 era game so why is it so laggy?

YOU DON'T VALUE MY TIME wrote:
Boring open world, bad controls, bad combat, hardly any story telling, hardly any voice acting and awful [world feature]. The game doesnt care about your time. You run around in a boring and to find [world feature], which arent rewarding at all. Do not buy a [console] for this.

Copying that little known indie game "The Witcher 3" wrote:
Overrated game, boring, gamecube graphics and runs at 20fps
The witcher 3 copycat but budget dont waste your money and better buy anohter game, this is why [developer] is over

This one ABSOLUTELY gives it away, but I have to include it:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wha'daya So Mad About?   Wha'daya So Mad About? - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wha'daya So Mad About?
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: General Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: