We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forum suggestions

Go down 
+28
Buskalilly
Luigi442wii
Cube
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
awesomedude
fronkhead
Axis1500
nupkin
Slazo
JayMoyles
NintenDUCK
Silver light
shanks
Gwyn400
Treesmurf
Tokyo_Sonata
Xelviar
mandlecreed
Admin
Jimbob
beemoh
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Dusty Knackers
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
Fancy Fancy
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 11:21

New forum, new suggestions thread?

PS3, Vita, PC & 360 forums all merged into one forum? Or even just use off topic like we did back in the day?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 11:43

I think the DS and Wii fora could be merged with Retro myself. In this fast-paced world (and with the Wii's release schedule looking like it does), they're behind the times already.

Also, on the topic of design, is there any way to get rid of those big annoying bars between posts?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 11:52

Are they not sigs? I think FFs idea sounds pretty good, unless we (I) suddenly get a whole bunch of mainly PS3 playing friends here.
As for DS and Wii I'd say merge with 3DS and Wii U myself, as I will always associate 3DS and DS as the same thing personally.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 11:58

No, I've got a signature now and it's not there.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 17:16

I'd think that individual consoles sections, bar Wii U and 3DS, are going to be very quiet.

Can we create an 'Online Gaming & Help' section, and then keep it locked/barren? As an in-joke to The Old Place©️. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 17:54

Pharaoh-nough! Just got the joke. Lol!

In other news, I agree with the notion of merging the Wii and DS forums with Retro. Is it worth considering Film, Music, TV, etc. forums, or should we stick with the gloriously freeform madcap joy explosion of Off Topic?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 18:16

New members can't seem to post links until after 7 days (probably to prevent spam) but surely that won't be the case for us here.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 18:17

STUUUUUUUUUUU! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 18:28

ZeroJones wrote:
Is it worth considering Film, Music, TV, etc. forums, or should we stick with the gloriously freeform madcap joy explosion of Off Topic?

I'd go with Off Topic, there's not enough of us to support lots of subfora and we might simply forget they exist and leave them empty.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 18:31

Is there any way to stop Off Topic jumping to the top of the main menu? I prefer it staying on the bottom. Guessing this would be controlled by my personal options, but I can't be arsed to find the option.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 19:28

Agreed. Just had a quick look & I can't see it in the personal options. That'll be a job for Stu.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 21:07

Not really a forum suggestion as such but... I was thinking of making my avatar a homage to the NGamer staff "orange lozenge" - you know, with the gaming character in the middle, and the six coloured blobs underneath. Is that sacrilege?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 21:39

Not at all: keep the memory alive. Smile

That said, I'm not sure about our sponsor: do we want busts to be blocked? I mean, if I want to post pictures of two large busts, why should anyone stop me?

Forum suggestions 2563740036_ccbbfe73b9

Oh come on, it was obvious.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 22:43

Laughing

The one on the left is the talking statue from art attack, isn't it
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 22:46

The Head!

Has anyone had a breakthrough with forum personalisation? I've seen the settings, but I can't remember if they were in the regular user options or tucked away into the (vast!) Administration Panel...
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
beemoh
Koopaling

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 22:52

The_Jaster wrote:
Laughing

The one on the left is the talking statue from art attack, isn't it

Which means I get to re-post this, in my never-ending juvenility: youtube.com/watch?v=727zX-wh_J0
Back to top Go down
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 23:10

Posted this to Stu on Twitter while bandying an idea or around, perhaps a section of the forum where we could perhaps write our own news articles / reviews / quirky pieces all things video games?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mandlecreed02
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 23:14

When I decide what to call it, I'll add it to see how it floats. Naming stuff is the hardest thing. Laughing
Back to top Go down
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 23:18

Stu_the_great wrote:
When I decide what to call it, I'll add it to see how it floats. Naming stuff is the hardest thing. Laughing

Call it "The Magazine"? We stuff it full of things that perhaps we'd like to have seen in the mag - if it was still being printed. Like I said, reviews, our take on the vg news, our own version of Cart Warming Tales at that time of year etc... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mandlecreed02
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013 - 8:06

I'd be up for this. Erotic Kirby Christmas tales a-go go!

...What?
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013 - 14:52

Maybe this could be a part of the section mentioned above, I think we need a 'general gaming' area. Some of the threads we created on NGamer didn't really fit in the section they were in - eg, 'What Was The First Game You Played Of 2013?' was in the Retro section - hardly retro. New section for this sort of doesn't-fit-anywhere-else kinda stuff?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013 - 19:11

I see a forum inviting me to post fanfiction.

Don't tempt me, Stu. Don't tempt me.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013 - 19:25

Dusty Knackers wrote:
Maybe this could be a part of the section mentioned above, I think we need a 'general gaming' area. Some of the threads we created on NGamer didn't really fit in the section they were in - eg, 'What Was The First Game You Played Of 2013?' was in the Retro section - hardly retro. New section for this sort of doesn't-fit-anywhere-else kinda stuff?

Excellent point. Er, I'm guessing that must cover all formats. It's definitely not Off Topic material. Where should we place such a thread? I don't really think it's worth its own category.

@Balla: You just know you wanna finally publish that Kirby/Solosis Fifty Shades of Grey parody you've been hammering away at for months on end. 🤡
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013 - 19:29

The little button for PMs actually says MP *rabble rabble waves folder like he's in house of commons*
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013 - 19:41

The_Jaster wrote:
The little button for PMs actually says MP *rabble rabble waves folder like he's in house of commons*

Message privé, I imagine! Très classe!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum suggestions
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next