We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow

Go down 
+7
Jimbob
EofGizmo
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptyThu 31 Mar 2016 - 22:58

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Jimbob wrote:
Interesting we're all sort of at the same point.

I'm not - I completed this a month ago! I'm onto Let's All Play: Rebirth #46 - Mr. Blobby for DOS.

Spoiler:

Alright Mr. Pokémon Master Phillips! I'm not playing Mr. Blobby though.
EDIT: Not again, I mean.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptyFri 1 Apr 2016 - 19:02

Drunkalilly wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
I can feel the end approaching... Sad

Aw, mate, you're only nine years older than me! And you've got the wedding to look forward to and all sorts.

Thanks, mate! After quite a lot of stress, I've emerged from Victory Road with a team. We're nowhere near ready for the Elite Four, though - I'm missing a solid Ice Pokémon.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptyFri 1 Apr 2016 - 20:15

I don't have a solid ice Pokémon but I'm hoping it will be enough to teach a move to my liquid water Pokémon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptyFri 1 Apr 2016 - 20:53

I'm plucking Cloyster from obscurity for the finale. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptySun 3 Apr 2016 - 8:47

I called my Lapras McBoatFace.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptyTue 5 Apr 2016 - 18:30

Thumbs Up!

My Lapras is called Plesia. Almost went for Tessie to reference Earthbound, but decided against it in the end.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptyTue 5 Apr 2016 - 18:47

My Lapras was called UCLA, because of the LA. Anyway, I finished up a couple of days ago. Class tells. Cool
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Apr 2016 - 11:16

I didn't play as much of this as I expected to on holiday, but I am now mucking about in Silph Co with a team of six Pokémon at Level 34:

Miller the Wartortle
Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 AAEAAQAAAAAAAAUCAAAAJDQ0MmUzYjgyLWI0MjItNGViNi1iYzk2LWMyMmIwYmE3YzQwNw
Austin the Marowak
Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 Latest?cb=20130923005546
Picard the Raichu
Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 Captain_Picard_Chair
Phil Mitch the Flareon
Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 Phil-mitchelleatenders-16761
Locke the Dragonair
Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 Latest?cb=20090814030604
Xavier the Alakazam
Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 Char_2627
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Apr 2016 - 11:33

There's some sort of link between worlds all those gentlemen... give me a minute... Eh?

In other news, I realise that I forgot to include my Elite Five beating team in my victory post. Here we go!

The Sinister Six:

How're folk getting on these days? Grin
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Apr 2016 - 15:23

I'm progressing swimmingly towards Cinnabar. I'll probably make a detour into the Seafoam Islands before tackling the gym, but I'm nearing the end.

Current team, all LVL 35:

Yokozuna the Snorlax
Aries the Tauros
Orion the Starmie
Plesia the Lapras
Triomphe the Weepingbel
Corleone the Rhyhorn
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Apr 2016 - 15:33

Still can't beat Koga, nearly all my Mon are level 30 and I can take down the Nats easily enough but Moth destroys everything part from Venusaur who is rather ineffective against Moth.

I'm like do I grind still, or do I go find a psychic which I'll only have to grind anyway if I do.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Apr 2016 - 16:00

What's your team, Mas?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Apr 2016 - 21:19

Right. Right. After going back and finishing off Sabrina (no don't Mrs.) by ignoring all of the hard work beefing up Bug Pokémon, and just digging for victory, I went back to the Safari Zone. I know I need to find the secret house - I'll work that out myself I reckon - but I can't catch bugger-all. What are the rules here? I know, I'm a doofus...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Apr 2016 - 22:08

The Safari Zone might as well be called The Mystery Zone. I throw bait first to keep the 'mon interested, and if that doesn't work, ping in a rock or two. The bottom line is that, to me, it all appears to be mad random. There's a reason I was jealous of Jay's Tauros a few posts ago! Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Apr 2016 - 23:21

I think the stones make them easier to catch, but more likely to run, and the bait makes them less likely to run?

I just got the necessary items, caught Dratini, and high-tailed it out of there.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Apr 2016 - 23:33

Based on the fact I needed to catch both a Rhyhorn and a Tauros for my team in there, I know for a fact that the stones make them more likely to run but easier to catch and the bait makes them less likely to run but harder to catch. Rule of thumb - don't bother with the bait, it's useless, and try one stone before lobbing balls. The catch rates are too low to just start throwing balls, so you need to at least lob one rock at them.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Apr 2016 - 10:32

This lobbing rocks business sounds really mean. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Apr 2016 - 16:40

*lobs a Killie Pie at Jaster, with hilarious consequences*
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Apr 2016 - 17:40

I'm getting annoyed by the fact that on the big Pokemon the balls seem to miss, I went through 45 balls (that missed) in trying to get Moltress
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Apr 2016 - 19:18

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
*lobs a Killie Pie at Jaster, with hilarious consequences*

*catches Killie pie in gub*

Cheers fur that.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptyThu 28 Apr 2016 - 20:54

I got me an Exeggcute with one initial throw (by the way, if you think Pokémon designs have got worse... it's 6 eggs) and then the rest of the time having things run off. But I did get to the end, and, having yellow, got Pikachu to do a bit of surfing! D'aaaaaw!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptyFri 29 Apr 2016 - 14:00

Throwing rocks is a heck of a lot nicer than getting your Gyrados to hyper beam an Exeggcute's face off.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptyThu 12 May 2016 - 22:46

I'm still on this, in between things. I'm persevering, for the sake of owning as many of the 150 as I can, but it's JRPG-ness is starting to wear me out.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptyThu 12 May 2016 - 23:20

Bagged an Articuno on the bus today, now pottering around the burned-down lab on Cinnabar.

I named Articuno Seal but I'm aware there are Pokémon in the game who are actual seals. Awkward.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 EmptyThu 12 May 2016 - 23:33

If that link hadn't taken me where it did I would have been very upset.

Also, I demand you call your Seel 'Articuno'. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next