We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow

Go down 
+7
Jimbob
EofGizmo
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 20:02

I've got further too. Cleared Rocket's hideout and snagged Snorlax after clearing Lavender Town. The music of the latter is still absolutely fantastic.

Traded with drunka today too so I finally have a Gengar and Golem! I've gone past the 50 mark for pokemon owned, I think I may finally end up catching them all.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 10:42

Muss wrote:
Lavender Town. The music of the latter is still absolutely fantastic.
Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 Tumblr_mihbm3aweh1s5pl1ro1_250

Yeah, I'm DIGging for victory as well. My Sandslash is basically tidying up all of the fights my other Pokémon can't finish. And, being lumbered with Pikachu in the Jella version, it's a good job.
I'm gonna buy me a couple of Abras as well Zero - I've no Pokéshame.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 10:59

A couple of Pokéjokers together, Jim. Dainty the Drowzee is in the box because Turquoise the Kadabra has taken centre stage. I like getting the trade evolvers ready, me. In other news, I've caught Jo a Meowth called Felix for her Yellow. I understand she also needs a Weedle, a Koffing and a Jynx. I like the Internet. Grin
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 16:03

I've seriously plowed ahead over the last couple of days and just beat Blaine. I'm at that stage where I can MissingNo. up some rare candies instead of slowly training those mons I need for the Dex but don't want to use. I wonder if doing so will cause my Hall of Fame to be populated by nothing but Machops again Eh?

My final team is starting to take shape: Charizard, Sandslash, Pikachu, Clefairy, Polywhirl, and Golem could see me through until the end, although the last two might be removed because I'd really like to use a Kabotops and my Raticate has pulled me through a couple of tricky spots on it's own so I feel like it's earned a spot.

Observations:

It's amazing how slowly Mons take to learn moves once they've entered their final stage in this gen. My Charizard is level 43, and it still hasn't learnt any fire moves naturally other than Ember. Flamethrower and Fire Spin have gotta be on the horizon, right, right?

I remember loving the Safari Zone as a child, but trying to snag some of the rarer Pokémon there is such a time sink!

Trying to complete the Dex in gen 1 is still a lot of fun.

Gen 1 Trivia:

There are 2 pokemon with whom it is literally impossible to complete the game with if they were used exclusively - even if they were both level 99 - can you name them?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 17:41

I'm assuming one is Magikarp as it can't hurt Ghost types. The other... not a clue!

As for my progress, my team is now fully formed! I've boxed Pikachu - she's done me well, but it was getting to the point where she was really struggling. My team - Yokozuna the Snorlax, Corleone the Rhydon, Plesia the Lapras, Triomphe the Victreebel, Orion the Starmie and Aries the Tauros. Grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Mar 2016 - 19:09

Correct, Magikarp's only damaging move is tackle, which can't beat Agatha. Gen 1's Struggle is also a normal attack, so no dice there either. Caterpie (and I've just realised metapod too) only have access to tackle as a damaging move so it can't  win either. By Gen 2, Struggle was changed so it could damage ghost types.

Last edited by Muss on Sun 27 Mar 2016 - 20:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Mar 2016 - 19:25

That fisherman with the 6 Magikarp is gutted, absolutely gutted. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Mar 2016 - 19:28

I just rocked up to Lavendar Town while in the car today. Didn't play on because I wanted the music.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Mar 2016 - 19:32

The music is so good in Lavender Town. Genuinely bone-chilling stuff. Afraid
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Mar 2016 - 19:33

As a kid, I couldn't have the sound on if I played it alone at night.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Mar 2016 - 20:17

JayMoyles wrote:
That fisherman with the 6 Magikarp is gutted, absolutely gutted. Laughing

Laughing

Oddly I think I was fine with Lavender Town's tunes as a kid. It was Super Mario Land 2's opening boss jingle that got me spooked
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2016 - 18:37

Very few of the atmospheric moments in games I played in my teens actually registered with me at all. Embarrassed The Lavender Town music, though, is a counter-example. Brrr.

I've boxed the trade evolvers in favour of Baby the Weepinbell, Dainty the Hypno and newbie Indigo the Haunter. We're about to hit Saffron's... TWO Gyms?! I totally forgot about that!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2016 - 18:45

I went into the Lavender Tower looking for a cubone but only saw ghosts. Do I need the scope, even for bonesie?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2016 - 18:53

Cubone is pretty rare in the Tower. Without looking it up I would say that you only need the Scope to see the Marowak at the end ( Sad ) but that could be totally wrong.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2016 - 20:59

Drunkalilly wrote:
I went into the Lavender Tower looking for a cubone but only saw ghosts. Do I need the scope, even for bonesie?

I think you get Cubone in the Safari Zone anyway - might be worth waiting.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2016 - 21:08

Just get the Silph scope first mate, I only ever get specters when traversing the tower without it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2016 - 22:12

Interesting we're all sort of at the same point. I cleared out the Silph bit in Saffron, but it looks like Gym 5 is further away, anyway Eh?
And I was trying to be Lemonade proactive...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptyTue 29 Mar 2016 - 0:44

I don't like blasting through Pokémon games - they're best sampled as slow burners, I reckon.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptyTue 29 Mar 2016 - 17:04

Jimbob wrote:
Interesting we're all sort of at the same point.

I'm not - I completed this a month ago! I'm onto Let's All Play: Rebirth #46 - Mr. Blobby for DOS.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptyTue 29 Mar 2016 - 17:09

I'm on the 5th Gym and can not beat Koga with his stupid physic move which seems destroy all my Pokemon in one hit.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptyTue 29 Mar 2016 - 17:17

I've just beaten the 5th Gym - sorry, mas! Get yourself some Bugs, Ghosts or fellow Psychics for mas-sive damage - and am ready to grab myself a Snorlax. Just have to buy enough Great Balls to empty a forest first...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptyTue 29 Mar 2016 - 17:19

I've not seen any proper good psychic Pokemon, I could go back to the tower and get a Ghastly but I like my team.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptyTue 29 Mar 2016 - 19:41

Mas you're on yellow, right? Koga's far more challenging on that version - his only real damage dealing moves in red/blue are things like Smog which are pathetic against rockies.

Do you have a charmander in your team, you could always try burning his bug army to smithereens. On the other hand ground is great against poison buggers, could you teach any of your mons Dig?

Edit, scratch that. I just realised Bugs resist ground DAMN YOU! Rock type moves should be pretty useful though, super effective and I'm guessing his mons have lower physical defence than they do special
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptyThu 31 Mar 2016 - 14:49

A concentrated period of play last night has seen some ace progress. I'm sitting on Cinnabar Island with a Water team (plus Dainty the Hypno) to train up in my favourite grinding zone from the first time around, Pokémon Mansion. I can feel the end approaching... Sad
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 EmptyThu 31 Mar 2016 - 16:15

ZeroJones wrote:
I can feel the end approaching... Sad

Aw, mate, you're only nine years older than me! And you've got the wedding to look forward to and all sorts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow   Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's All Play: Rebirth #2 - Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next