We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hyrule Warriors Legends

Go down 
+6
The_Jaster
shanks
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
gjones
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

Hyrule Warriors Legends Empty
PostSubject: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptySun 6 Mar 2016 - 19:34

So has anybody tried the demo on the eshop?

Thoroughly enjoying it even if it does look a little ropey.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptySun 6 Mar 2016 - 20:07

I didn't think it looked that bad, not as sharp and pretty as the Wii U version, but certainly better than the Wii U version on the gamepad.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptySun 6 Mar 2016 - 20:11

I rattled through the demo a couple of times - really enjoyed it and I've already preordered a copy on the back of my time with the demo. There's obvious frame-dips when turning on the 3D, but it runs fine in 2D so it's not a real problem. I'm surprised by the number of enemies they've squeezed on-screen in this without compromising the performance. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptySun 6 Mar 2016 - 21:05

'bout time we had this thread. Winky Face

I've not tried the demo but, having finished with the Yo-Kai Watch one... maybe I should.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptySun 6 Mar 2016 - 23:20

The stage I'm currently stuck on there are heaps and heaps of Gorons about and there is no drop or anything that I've noticed
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptyMon 7 Mar 2016 - 13:29

I really enjoyed the demo for this but I'm really torn over whether to get the original on wii U (I'll probably play it a lot more on there) or get this version.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptyMon 7 Mar 2016 - 13:31

The lack of portability is what made me stop playing the original in the end. I found I just wanted to chill in bed and play it instead of setting it up for a short blast. You play shorter sessions than me in general though so you might prefer the Wii U version.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptyMon 7 Mar 2016 - 13:35

Yeah, my decision isn't helped much by the fact I'm told that the swapping of characters mid-battle in Legends isn't in the wii U game & I quite liked that in the demo.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptyMon 7 Mar 2016 - 13:36

Yeah, that is a neat tweak. I'd say if you don't mind it being on a handheld then Legends is the obvious choice, it seems to have more content, plus I'm pretty sure it'll be cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptyThu 17 Mar 2016 - 22:58

Aye, that on-the-fly swapping between characters was neat, and really slick - I was surprised that was actually a new feature as opposed to an original design choice. I'm more of a handheld gamer anyway, so that and the fact that there are going to be some new characters makes me think I'll get Legends, as I never picked up the Wii U version. It surprised me how much I enjoyed it, considering it's mostly button mashing.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016 - 21:52

DLC incoming!

Link's Awakening DLC has me interested!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016 - 22:01

I'll likely pick up the cross console season pass. The Wii U DLC was good so I'm sure this will be of a similar standard.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptySat 19 Mar 2016 - 12:50

Same as Andy for £15.29 why not go for the whole lot.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptySat 19 Mar 2016 - 14:46

I will definitely pick up the game and the Season pass at some point, but I don't have the time or money just now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 14:50

It looks like it'll be a bloody massive game, even on 3DS. I'm really looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016 - 14:33

Double post, but this came through the post today! I've played a couple of hours and cleared 4 stages, including one of Linkle's. I can see myself pouring hours into this - thumbs up so far! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016 - 15:12

I went out yesterday (because I had some things to do) with the intention of picking this up but my local Asda don't stock Nintendo stuff any more & I could only order for home delivery in Argos.

I miss just being able to browse/buy games games when in the high street.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016 - 16:17

ASDA haven't really stocked Nintendo for about 3 years now and I don't think Tesco really do either and we know Sainsbury's don't from Zero's posts.

I saw a few tweets yesterday from going yay to GAME having a bad year and wanting them to close and moaning there expensive swines. But if they close and likes of the Supermarkets don't stock Nintendo in this case where will we able browse/buy games games when in the high street.

On the HWL mine hasn't come yet dam you GAME Smile
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016 - 16:27

I popped into my local game shop (we have an independent shop, which is just over the road from my flat and the only place in town to stock Nintendo) and saw the special edition. I was disappointed, you couldn't really call that a pocket watch.

I'm glad people are enjoying this. I had a great time on Wii U, and might get the 3DS version if I see it at a reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016 - 16:40

The supermarket picture isn't really clear, at least around these parts. One of the two big Tescos (not sure if that's the correct pluralisation) does stock Nintendo games and amiibi; the other doesn't. One of the three Sainsbury's stores does too. No idea what the criteria is.

Will get the demo of HWL before too long.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016 - 16:47

It is. The company, or an individual store, is Tesco, not Tesco's. There was never a Mr. Tesco, but there was a Mr. T. E. Steadman and a Mr. Cohen.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016 - 17:27

masofdas wrote:
ASDA haven't really stocked Nintendo for about 3 years now and I don't think Tesco really do either and we know Sainsbury's don't from Zero's posts.

I saw a few tweets yesterday from going yay to GAME having a bad year and wanting them to close and moaning there expensive swines. But if they close and likes of the Supermarkets don't stock Nintendo in this case where will we able browse/buy games games when in the high street.

On the HWL mine hasn't come yet dam you GAME Smile

My local asda never stocked much wii U stuff but it always had decent sized shelf space for 3ds so it was still a bit surprising, even the ps4/XO selection is starting to dwindle.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016 - 17:45

Hmm were a Super Centre and are PS4 & ONE section is rather big, we do have some games on Nintendo systems but it's the likes of Just Dance 2016, Penguins of Madagascar and How to Train Your Dragon. Nothing from Nintendo them selves and far as I'm aware smaller then Super Centres (which may explain the other stores brought up) don't stock any Nintendo and maybe the Top 10 of the PS4 & ONE.

But that wasn't really my point it was, if GAME closes for instance where are we going to get are games from on the High Street as like Drunka I have a local independent store but not all you may have and HMV are rather shite for games since they almost went out of business.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptySun 27 Mar 2016 - 14:27

News my HWL Collectors guide is here and is about double the size of the Collectors Guide of the game on Wii U, but my dam game is still not here yet. When it does come I'll be doing a Zelda Collection Video.

On to some actual news regarding the DLC as we now know the character in Link’s Awakening Pack (DLC Pack 2) and it will be Marin
Hyrule Warriors Legends Hyrule-Warriors-Legends-Marin-DLC-768x512

Who do you think will be the characters from Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks Pack (DLC Pack 3) & the two from A Link Between Worlds Pack (DLC Pack 4)?

I'm going for Lineback, Yuga and Irene.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends EmptySun 27 Mar 2016 - 14:29

Linebeck, Ravio and Yuga, surely?

Rocketing through this now - this is blast. Can't believe I've never played a Warriors game before!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors Legends   Hyrule Warriors Legends Empty

Back to top Go down

Hyrule Warriors Legends
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next