It's Hard For Me To Get My Sister's Attention - I'm Ever 'Oh Hey Sis'

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
NintenDUCK
Bandana Waddle Dee

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Sat 10 Jun 2017 - 20:43

£2 to see a film!? My nearest cinema is 3 times that even with a student discount. Is the popcorn similarly cheap? The last film I watched was John Wick which I watched on Sunday, it was really good, there's a plot line to it but its major selling point is all the fights. As an amateur martial artist it's always fun watching well choreographed fights and being able to recognise all the different techniques and their names, even occasionally thinking (wrongly) "I could do that". I'm in no real hurry but I'll definitely watch the sequel for more gun slinging, face punching action.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Space Ark Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Sat 10 Jun 2017 - 23:05

ZeroJones wrote:
I went to the cinema and saw The LEGO Batman Movie again. It was as pretty-good-but-not-quite-as-good-as-The-LEGO-Movie as it was the last time I saw it

Weird- I watched the LEGO Batman Movie for the first time tonight! Wanted to watch some Batman to pay our respects to the big man Adam West and we hadn't seen this, so watched it with my family while we had pizza. I enjoyed it, a good send-up of various Batman tropes. My only issue was that it portrayed King Kong amongst the villains. At his very worst, he's tragically misunderstood. A lot of the time, he's the hero.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
ZeroJones
Pokémon Master

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Sun 11 Jun 2017 - 0:00

Drunkalilly wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
I went to the cinema and saw The LEGO Batman Movie again. It was as pretty-good-but-not-quite-as-good-as-The-LEGO-Movie as it was the last time I saw it

Weird- I watched the LEGO Batman Movie for the first time tonight! Wanted to watch some Batman to pay our respects to the big man Adam West and we hadn't seen this, so watched it with my family while we had pizza.

That is bizarre - it was pretty spontaneous from me, because I was hoping to see Wonder Woman again. Also, RIP Adam West: his work will be remembered for a long time to come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Space Ark Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Sun 11 Jun 2017 - 11:12

For Adam West fans, as well as the obvious 1966 Batman film I strongly recommend "Return to the Batcave", which is half a dramatisation of the making of the 60s Batman show told through flashbacks during a modern escapade with West and Ward. Silly but also brilliant and insightful.
Back to top Go down
Drunkalilly
Space Ark Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Mon 19 Jun 2017 - 9:35

Watched a little film yesterday, I think I caught it once or twice before.
Transformers, 2007

This is just a nice, solid film. The effects hold up a decade on - Bay and his team have nailed practical carnage mixed with CGI robots - and shoehorned as it might have been the little love story is cute and well-realised. The scenes where they're driving in Bumblebee and he's playing songs and breaking down in front of romantic sunsets and so on are really well done. I can understand why this is the film in the series that's most respected by normal fleshlings. For me, though, it's an okay pilot that needed more: more transformers, more action, more bits and bobs from the comics and cartoons, less human characters and more metal ones.
4/5
Back to top Go down
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Tue 20 Jun 2017 - 18:02

LEGO Batman last night, dam is it good or what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Space Ark Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Thu 22 Jun 2017 - 17:05

Transformers: The Last Knight

I enjoyed it. It was big and dumb and over-the-top, but it looked incredible and the jokes made me chuckle and the message about helping refugees and immigrants even when the authorities call that a crime was a valuable one.

It's another long film, though I felt everything contributed to the forward momentum much more than in the previous film. Maybe by my second, third or fourth trip to the cinema I'll be noticing where it slows a bit more, but I couldn't see an obvious weak link here other than the fact the continuity with previous films is a bit whack.

Honestly, though? My ideal Transformers film now would go smaller, not bigger. I know that won't happen with the way this one teased a sequel, but for my money the best action in this series has been a small number of robots having cool fights for understandable stakes. Prime fighting three Decepticons to protect Sam? Fantastic.
Spoiler:

Bit much.

Overall though, I enjoyed it and I'm up for more. I love the smart and interesting comicbooks, but I also like seeing robots explode eachother.
Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   

Back to top Go down

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11