We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo

Go down 
+13
Jimbob
NintenDUCK
Athrun888
gjones
shanks
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
JayMoyles
Muss
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptyWed 25 Oct 2017 - 20:54

I know that's one interpretation. Reading the Wikipedia analysis, it seems that most people who worked on the film had different theories. Scott's one probably carries the day, and it is yours, and without that the sequence makes little sense - but then it wouldn't be the only thing in that film that didn't make sense to me.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptyWed 25 Oct 2017 - 22:10

Thor Ragnarok - Banger.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptyWed 25 Oct 2017 - 23:23

Sick. Gonna go see it next time I'm free. So, like, January . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptySun 12 Nov 2017 - 10:59

Yesterday I got eyeballs on Murder On The Orient Express. As a long-time Poirot fan, I wanted to see what was what, what what. Kenneth Branagh did a pretty good job of yer Belgian boi and the star cast gave great turns. I liked it but Jo said she was hoping for a bit more action. In all honesty, I'm surprised it got made - I'll be looking out to see if it did well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptySun 12 Nov 2017 - 11:01

ZeroJones wrote:
Yesterday I got eyeballs on Murder On The Orient Express. As a long-time Poirot fan, I wanted to see what was what, what what. Kenneth Branagh did a pretty good job of yer Belgian boi and the star cast gave great turns. I liked it but Jo said she was hoping for a bit more action. In all honesty, I'm surprised it got made - I'll be looking out to see if it did well.

I think it's flopped state-side and surprised you say star cast gave great turns as that's the biggest criticism I've seen as it has this great cast but no chemistry between them.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptyMon 20 Nov 2017 - 20:14

Oh, thought I'd already replied to you - sorry, mas. Embarrassed

Spoiler:

In other news, I'm back from Paddington 2 - no, I am manly, grrr - and loved it. Not quite as cohesive as the original but very inventive (some sections bring to mind the best of Wallace & Gromit) and richly rewarding.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptyThu 14 Dec 2017 - 23:43

I've come back from watching Star Wars The Last Jedi and it's certainly not as bad as an any of the prequels.

Thoughts on plot:

My new Star Wars film rank:
1st Empire
2nd New Hope
3rd Return of the Jedi
4th Force Awakens
5th Rogue One
6th Last Jedi
7th Revenge of the Sith
8th Phantom Menace
9th Attack of the Clones
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptySat 16 Dec 2017 - 22:51

I've just seen yer Star Wars then. What a phenomenal film. Truly incredible in every regard.

I've not read anyone else's posts, I've nor seen trailers, previews, reviews, tweets, facebook statuses, summaries, examinations, explorations, anything. I watched the film and came on here.

It was extraordinary and interesting and important, it was the Star Wars film of our times. It felt like it had something to say and it damn well said it.

I'm not gonna try to rank it against the others right now because we all know how excited I get, but . . . it'd rank highly.

Damn.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptySat 16 Dec 2017 - 22:55

masofdas wrote:
Thoughts on plot:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptySun 17 Dec 2017 - 0:07

I too have done some watching of Star Wars Episode VIII. The theatre was not as full as I was expecting but that just made it easier to concentrate on what I felt was a great film. Good stuff! Grin

Yeah - pretty big spoilers for The Last Jedi:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptySun 17 Dec 2017 - 11:52

I've been ill since seeing The Last Jedi, that's how bad it was Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptySun 17 Dec 2017 - 12:51

Maybe it was just "sick".
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptyWed 20 Dec 2017 - 11:16

At last!  After ten thousand e-years I'm free!  I too have now seen The Last Jedi, having come home from watching it.  Brilliant movie, cannot speak highly enough of it.  

If I were to say one thing, just one, that I really liked, it would definitely be that it was that it didn't just retread the past like TFA did.  Oh there were homages of course, a few really amazing ones like the sunset at the end of the movie which brought back memories of Luke's debut shot with the Tatooine sunset, but the actual meat of the movie was its own thing.  The themes of moving beyond the events of the past definitely rang true, but at the same time it showed the right amount of respect of the past.  Not the borderline fanboyish plagiarism of TFA, but genuine respect.  

I honestly cannot understand the hate I've seen around the internet.  I went in bracing myself after the initial reactions, I left the movie theatre instead completely satisfied (perhaps people went in with certain expectations of what the movie should be and cannot accept it for what it is.  Or something).  Star Wars is back!

Agh, I can't just name one thing (spoiler warning, if you're on info blackout skip the following bracket).  There's just too much to love about the film!  
Spoiler:

I was initially suspect when I heard there would be a chance of directors between this and TFA.  After seeing The Last Jedi I'm actually more saddened that the trend won't continue.  

And since we're doing rankings (keep in mind RotJ and TLJ are currently so close they're basically equal, only time will tell which I prefer)

Spoiler:

Fantastic movie.  Fantastic beginning and breathtaking end acts, and a fairly good middle act.  I'm not going to say they've topped the Thrawn trilogy as the best sequel to the originals, but with The Last Jedi they've removed any last hint of hesitation I had about embracing it as an equally valid and gripping take.  This movie was a fresh new take on the Galaxy Far Far Away and I loved every second of it.  

And to counter Mas I was ill before I saw the movie, now even the clogged nose has passed!  Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptyWed 20 Dec 2017 - 12:01

Athrun gets it! I especially agree about
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptyThu 21 Dec 2017 - 20:12

I'm going to go see the movie again - I don't think I've been as conflicted about a film in ages. I adored parts of the film but other parts felt disappointing and flat to me.

What I Liked:

What I Didn't Like:

All in all, I really liked it but I've not been raving about it like some have. I'm holding off on locking in my rankings until I rewatch TLJ but for now:

Ranking:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptyFri 22 Dec 2017 - 12:46

Honestly now that you mention it that's one of my issues too.  Not that Finn shouldn't have had something to do, but it feels like they wrote the movie only to realise Finn only has a couple of scenes and so they quickly rustled up an irrelevant subplot where nothing of import happens so they could say at the end "see?  Finn did something relevant too!"  

If they were going to give him a subplot that essentially took up a quarter of the films runtime they should've given him an arc of similar quality to Poe's.  
Spoiler:

Having said all that I did like the fact that
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptyFri 22 Dec 2017 - 17:28

Athrun888 wrote:

Having said all that I did like the fact that
Spoiler:

Yeah, didn't mind that part. I especially liked it when...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptySun 24 Dec 2017 - 2:12

So, I rewatched it today. That was a palaver in itself; I booked a showing that was too late, had to change that when I realised what hours I was working, then I missed my earlier showing because of a mix-up with the buses and had to buy another one, this time in 3D IMAX.

Anyway, yeah. Its even better the second time. Visually gorgeous, exciting, funny, meaningful and heartwrenching.

I'll have a more in-depth analysis, in particular about the things Jay mentions, but right now this is my list:

The Last Jedi
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
A New Hope
The Force Awakens
this is a really big gap
Revenge of the Sith
Rogue One
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptySun 24 Dec 2017 - 11:50

I watched Bright on Friday night and it was alright.

I saw one review of it which was a 7/10 when I saw it trending on twitter with people saying it's the worst film all year (the year where we had the emoji movie) but I enjoyed it for what it was a sort of 7/10 film.

I did really like the world and I hope Netflix can turn it into a series or something.

As this will be likely my last new film of 2017 I see, this is my overall film list of 2017:

1st Blade Runner 2049
Logan
Wonder Woman
Baby Driver
The Lego Batman Movie
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Atomic Blonde
Thor: Ragnarok
Ghost in the Shell
Justice League
Power Rangers
Bright
Alien: Covenant
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
17th Kingsman: The Golden Circle

13 of those were in Cinema, I wonder if one of those Limitless cards could be worth getting hmm also I'm surprised I've got no indie like film in my list but I know of a few I've got to see sometime.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 3 Jan 2018 - 15:54; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptyWed 27 Dec 2017 - 10:46

Double Combo

I watched Baby Driver last night and it is awesome, It might be the second best thing Edgar Wright has done with it's banging soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptyWed 27 Dec 2017 - 20:22

I've still not seen Baby Driver. I'm sure it'll be right up my street as the premise sounds a bit Fast and Furious, and I love Edgar Wright.

I did however just get back from Jumanji with the family. Hilarious stuff! Great videogame gags, and the whole cast do a great job of acting like other people trapped in these jobs. Dwayne Johnson is, as ever, a delight.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptyWed 27 Dec 2017 - 20:34

I'm kind of surprised to see Rogue One rank so lowly in everyone's lists. Sure it's not a mainline film but I though it told a really incredible story. Is the fact that it's not part of the main franchise the only reason you're not putting it farther up or is it something else?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptyWed 27 Dec 2017 - 23:21

I genuinely thought Rogue One was a pretty crap film. I didn't care about any of the characters, they were just generic Star Wars protagonists working their way through setpieces to get to the ending that was obvious from the film's opening. I couldn't even tell you the names of any characters other than Jin. The action scenes were okay, but I couldn't be excited by them because nothing in the film made me care about the outcomes. I knew the plans made their way to Leia, and I wasn't bothered if any of these people died along the way.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptyWed 27 Dec 2017 - 23:37

I put it at 5, as I did really enjoy Rogue One and if you catch me on the right day I may even put in at 4 over Force Awakens.

Yeah Baby Driver is a cooler more indie version of Fast and Furious.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 EmptyThu 28 Dec 2017 - 0:30

Honestly I've been avoiding Rogue One specifically because of the aforementioned lack of character development.  A story is only ever as good as its cast, you can have the most spectacular story known to mankind but if the characters, which are essentially the viewers emotional link to that story, are lame or uninteresting then the story you're telling is also going to be lame and uninteresting by extension.  

That and I've never really been that enamoured with the story concept itself.  Death Star plans make their way to Rebels via network of spies who, presumably, died along the way.  It's all the information both provided and insinuated that I felt we ever needed regarding the story of how the Rebels got their intel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo
Page 14 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next