We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Games You Haven't Started Yet

Go down 
+9
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
Jimbob
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Games You Haven't Started Yet Empty
PostSubject: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySat 19 Mar 2016 - 15:57

Seeing Stella Glow sitting neatly wrapped up, yet not wanting to touch it, makes me think: how many of you have games that you just haven't got around to starting around the house? Any utter gems that just haven't convinced you to take off their cellophane (literal or virtual)? Let's say games you've had for a couple of weeks, enough time to have played them if you wanted to.

I had Wii Sports HD unwrapped for ages before a friend came 'round where I wanted to unwrap it. Also my father bought me Assassins' Creed III as a present: I ended up trading it in, untouched.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySat 19 Mar 2016 - 16:02

Good idea! I bought Mario Power Tennis, a week or so after its launch, for other family members to play (they were fans of the original). Nope. Still sitting there. I've even pulled the box out of the shelf slightly, in a bid to catch people's eyes. Nothing.
Virtually, I bought both Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger on the Wii Virtual Console; about 4 years ago now. They're both classics... apparently. Also see 2/3 of my Steam library.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySat 19 Mar 2016 - 16:30

I've got a fair few second hand ones and that, picked up on the cheap with the thinking I'll get around to playing them eventually. I tend to play everything I buy new within a sensible amount of time, these days. That said, Xenoblade got ditched for Zelda, and I haven't played Zelda since I got Pokken. And the Xbox isn't even getting touched during all this Nintendo magic, despite me having loads of Gears and Halo I could be playing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySat 19 Mar 2016 - 16:39

I've got literally dozens of games that I've bought but not started yet. There's far too many to list them all, but I'm typing while looking at my 3DS collection, and sitting in their cellophane are Castlevania: Mirror of Fate, Fantasy Life, Majora's Mask 3D, Prof. Layton Azran Legacy, LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins, Kingdom Hearts, Nintendogs & cats, Resident Evil Revelations, Yoshi's New Island, Scribblenauts Unlimited, and two (?!?) copies of Codename S.T.E.A.M.. That's ridiculous.

I've got unstarted Wii games galore, like Inazuma Strikers, Project Zero 2, the two PokéPark games and - bizarrely - two of the those three Operation Rainfall games. I've even got two sealed XBox games and a sealed Dreamcast game that were bought back in the day!

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySat 19 Mar 2016 - 16:40

Stu would break this thread. Grin

In my house there are four: Bayonetta 2 (which won't be started until the original is over), Batman: Arkham Origins (which I'm sort of afraid of playing), Alien Syndrome (one day) and Pokémon Colosseum (not sure where my GC memory card is...).
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySat 19 Mar 2016 - 20:01

Save Bayonetta 2 and Arkham Origins for Christmas playing. They're both lovely for that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySat 19 Mar 2016 - 20:22

Ooh yes, Bayo 2's on my list as well, after my abject failure to get on with its prequel.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I've got literally dozens of games that I've bought but not started yet. There's far too many to list them all, but I'm typing while looking at my 3DS collection, and sitting in their cellophane are Castlevania: Mirror of Fate, Fantasy Life, Majora's Mask 3D, Prof. Layton Azran Legacy, LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins, Kingdom Hearts, Nintendogs & cats, Resident Evil Revelations, Yoshi's New Island, Scribblenauts Unlimited, and two (?!?) copies of Codename S.T.E.A.M.. That's ridiculous.

I've got unstarted Wii games galore, like Inazuma Strikers, Project Zero 2, the two PokéPark games and - bizarrely - two of the those three Operation Rainfall games. I've even got two sealed XBox games and a sealed Dreamcast game that were bought back in the day!

I thought you'd have a lot to contribute to this thread Cappa! They mostly bargain buys?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySat 19 Mar 2016 - 22:40

I bought Batman Arkham knight towards the end of last year but after the bitter sting that Origins gave me I just can't be arsed to play it at the minute, on the Nintendo side of things I have Year Walk unplayed on wii U & since I know that's a relatively short game I should really set aside a night to play it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 8:57

Balladeer wrote:

I thought you'd have a lot to contribute to this thread Cappa!  They mostly bargain buys?

Aye, mostly. I've really got to nip it in the bud though, I've got a daft number of games that I'll just never bother with. I'm even looking at my PS4 games - I've got nine, and five of them are unplayed Duh!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 12:18

I'm still really surprised about you getting Stella Glow, Balla as the combat looks a lot like a Tactical RPG and your not a fan of Fire Emblem which is rather similar.

I have lot's of games sort of started like The Witcher III which I'm about 45mins in and that game is really long that I've pretty much not started it.

But games with ZERO amount of play as I do test most games I get that have like 1 minute play but these I don't think I've even done that

Crimson Shroud
Liberation Maiden
Shin Megami Tensei IV, Bought in a sale
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Disney's Magical Mirror starring Mickey Mouse
Ikaruga
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, I don't like the first
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X, Owned for 12 years but I play the DC version not Cube
Skies of Arcadia Legends, Played the OG version on DC
Ripening Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love, It's still Sealed and it's in Japanese that I'm never going to open it
Bravely Second: End Layer, Bought after good reviews and reading Balla & Athrun talk about it but yet to start
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure, Bought the other day as I thought it was worth a few pounds but it's not that I just decide to keep it
Tales of Zestiria, Bought when it came out late last year
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, This is a weird one as I've played all 3 on PS3 but only played the first game on PS4, so does it count?
Final Fantasy V, Bought in a sale
Final Fantasy VI, Bought in a sale
Final Fantasy VII, PS1 Classic version which I bought in a sale
Final Fantasy VIII, Bought in a sale also it's my least fav FF game as I have played it on a actual PS1
Saturday Morning RPG
Abyss
EDGE
Knytt Underground
Paper Monsters Recut
RUSH
SteamWorld Dig
Toki Tori
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Just going to wait and see if there's a VR patch now when PSVR comes out
Elansar & Philia, Still sealed
Fast Striker, Still sealed
Gunlord, Still sealed
Jet Set Radio, I own twice and one is sealed
Last Hope Pink Bullets, Still sealed
LEONA's Tricky Adventures, Still sealed
NEO XYX, Still sealed
Pop'n Music, Not got the controller
Planet Ring, No point as online only
Rush Rush Rally Racing DX, Still sealed
Sakura Wars, Still sealed
Shenmue, My Japaneses version
Virtua Fighter 3tb, My Japaneses version
Wind and Water Puzzle Battles, Still sealed

9 PS1 Classics thanks to PS+
19 Games on STEAM
21 PlayStation Minis thanks to PS+
110 PSN games across the PS4 & VITA thanks PS+
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 12:42

There are four games on your list that I love, mas, and another one I think is pretty good. You should have a go on Crimson Shroud and SteamWorld Dig, fo sho. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 13:07

What are those four games on your list that you love, Zero, and another one you think is pretty good?

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 14:06

My list of games I haven't started is a little off as a fair chunk of the games I haven't touched weren't purchased with me in mind. I've got quite a few cheap Wii games that are on me, but the only games I could name that aren't as loved as they should be are Murdered: Souls Suspect & TLoU Remastered. I'm much more likely to play a bit and give up than leave it unloved.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 14:38

As seen here, too many to list!

Notable offenders for games I really want to get around to are the Professor Layton series, Bloodborne, Ni no Kuni, Luigi's Mansion 2, the FFXIII trilogy and Ratchet and Clank: Nexus. They're all games I know I'd love, but my ever-swelling backlog keeps me from getting to them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 14:41

Yokai watch is one that comes to mind that I haven't started. I guess DK country (Snes Vc) as well
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 14:42

Don't look at my actual backlog as I put nearly all my DC games as unplayed as I'm not sure if 5 mins, it works counts as played.

But Jay has reminded me of another thing Final Fantasy X-2 which I've got on the HD collection on PS4 and the VITA as a download.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 17:18

masofdas wrote:
What are those four games on your list that you love, Zero, and another one you think is pretty good?

Well, sir, the four loves are Crimson Shroud, FFV, EDGE and SteamWorld Dig. The pretty good'un is Toki Tori. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 18:08

I think a lot of gamers just like buying games for the sake of it (I've been like this myself) but the last few years I've tried to keep it in check by only buying something new if I've beaten at least 2 or 3 games first.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 18:32

I'm trying to rein in those tendencies too but occasionally something just takes my fancy and I have to get it. Very much a butterfly gamer, me.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 18:59

Some of you chaps should go single-format, it seems - I play nearly all my games because I don't have that many. Tongue

On another topic, I've got to provide a calming word, and say that I found three of Zero's four loves mediocre.  

Crimson Shroud is no doubt a deep game if you can get past the immensely simple aesthetics, but those put me off from the word go.  FFV (the one I think many will agree with me on) is the worst FF I've played, a game whose only selling point (its job system) is done much better by RPGs like DQIX and the Bravelys (Bravelies?), and has few other redeeming qualities.  

And Steamworld Dig (this one most will, I daresay, disagree with) I never liked much.  For someone who loves level/world design above many things, procedural mine generation is a kiss of death on a game, and the non-procedurally generated bits didn't feel any better.

Personal taste is, of course, everything.  I believe that the consensus is that CS is a'right, SD is brilliant, and FFV isn't up to much.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 20:05

Well across the PS4, Wii U, 3ds and PC I don't have all that many I haven't started because I pretty much only buy things I want to play right away.

If the thread was, how many games haven't you finished, then I'd have a ridiculous list. But I at least try and make sure I get several hours out of each major (£20+) purchase.

PS4: Watchdogs - still sealed, but it came in the Ubisoft bundle with my console and Ass Cred Syndicate, the latter of which I finished before swapping it for the Witcher 3 and something else.

3ds: Xenoblade Chronicles - I bought this before I had a new 3ds, now that I've got one I'll get round to it once I'm done with Devil Survivor and Pokemon Red.

PC: Anno 2027 - I swear I didn't buy this, it just magically appeared in my steam account.
     Foul Play - Will play with Drunka at some point, it's a co-op thing.
     A bunch of games that came free with other games, don't really count those.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 22:45

I hadn't thought about HD Collections, in that case my list jumps up a fair bit as I'll often play 1 or 2 and not even start the 3rd, heck with Splinter Cell and Hitman I barely played the first.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 23:38

3ds

-Shin Megami Tensei 4
-smt Devil Survivor overclocked
-smt Devil Survivor 2 record breaker

PS3

-Batman arkham city
-Devil May Cry 1
-Devil May Cry 3
-Disgaea D2 a brighter darkness
-ICO
-Tales of Symphonia hd
-Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World hd
-Tales of Zestiria

VC Wii U

-Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

PC

-Trails in the Sky
-Trails in the Sky Second Chapter

I'll probably get around to playing most of these at some point, although I have no intentions of playing Batman.  Bought that when it was on clearance and since then I've just gone all "nopenopeNOPE" to realism in games.  Dunno why, I just have no time for games with realistic presentation any more.

As an aside the backloggery made compiling this list super easy.  Grin
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptyMon 21 Mar 2016 - 10:33

But... it's about a man dressed up as a bat kicking giant man-crocodiles, roidy luchadors and clowns.

(I know, I know, you're on about graphical style.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet EmptyMon 21 Mar 2016 - 17:08

I've got a bunch of free games sitting on my Xbox 360 (from the Games with Gold) that I haven't broken the digital cellophane on:

• Metro Last Light
  • MGS Ground Zeroes
  • Thief
  • Hitman HD collection
  • Castlestorm

Okamiden, Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer, Zack & Wiki, Metroid Other M, Story of Seasons. Mostly stuff I've picked up cheap and not been too arsed about starting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games You Haven't Started Yet   Games You Haven't Started Yet Empty

Back to top Go down

Games You Haven't Started Yet
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next