We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

April's Game Releases

Go down 
+10
Muss
Balladeer
The_Jaster
Jimbob
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
shanks
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

April's Game Releases  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Mar 2016 - 16:14

No interest in Yokai, Athrun? I thought that might be something you'd look into.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Mar 2016 - 16:17

Annnnnnnd silliest post of the year goes to?

Athrun.

Applause

Razz
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Mar 2016 - 16:34

Laughing Thumbs Up! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Mar 2016 - 22:43

masofdas wrote:

Trillion 1,000,000,000,000 God of Destruction VITA

I glossed over this on my first look at the release list, but that is legitimately one of the worst names for a game I've ever seen. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 0:47

The_Jaster wrote:
Annnnnnnd silliest post of the year goes to?

Athrun.

Applause

Razz

Well excuuuuse me for not worshipping the ground of a game that looks utterly dreadful to play and a literal depression inducer visually.  If I want masochism I have far quicker and less tedious ways to inflict both depression and pain upon myself, I don't need a game deliberately designed to force players to fail and severely punish them for doing so.  That's just trash tier design designed to test how much patience someone has before they rightfully remove the disc and use it as a frisbee.  

That's another thing I don't need a game for, if I want to test my patience all I have to do is come here, apparently.  Rolling Eyes Something I'm feeling far less inclined to do so, if I want to be s***-posted to constantly I'll go hang out on 4chan. At least there I don't have to waste my time being polite myself.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 1:52

Whilst I don't agree with your opinion on Souls - I think it's very well designed, but I won't get into that now - I don't think Jas meant to offend you in any way. We all wind up each other up here and poke fun (ask Mas about Rad Mobile...) but it's never meant to wind anyone up to the point of frustration. I think a comparison to 4chan is unfair as over there you'll get vitriol and bile hurled at you by anonymous strangers who couldn't give two tosses about the people they're talking to, whereas here, whilst we can have our disagreements in opinion - and we're different people at the end of the day, so that's to be expected - we respect each other. Or, at least I hope that's the case!

To segue away from that, I'll echo Drunka's question before - I thought Yokai would have been up your alley, Athrun? Did you try the demo?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 10:31

Yup, light-hearted ribbing/#bantz is a well know part of our culture. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 11:44

Yup, just a wee joke that Athrun has clearly taken the wrong way & it was more aimed at your unabashed love for Bravely second and how you think nothing this year will compare to it (which is fine to think & I like it when people show their love for a game like that) kind of like how I tend to feel about souls games but when I have been going over the top with it on here someone like balladeer has usually been there with the #bantz and that was my only intention.

I was also thinking of MH Generations when I made that post since that's the game I'm most excited to play this year as it looks like it improves on the near perfect MH4U.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 17:42

Drunkalilly wrote:
No interest in Yokai, Athrun? I thought that might be something you'd look into.

We already have Yokai here Bounce
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 19:02

Ah, I always get confused by Australian releases. Your games are PAL but you're not actually the same territory as us... right?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 19:18

I think we are, I base that on the fact that sometimes Nintendo can't be assed changing the look of the discs for the Wii U so we get that rating thing on it. Same with 3ds, they'll just put a Aus rating sticker over the EU one
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 19:30

Yeah AUS is weird as most of the time there the same but they got Yo-Kai, 4 months before the EU even though it's PAL. Then there be a odd game that's 6 months late for Aus.

I'm surprised none of you have imported Dark Soul's III or downloaded it from Japan as the language can't be that hard.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 20:09

masofdas wrote:

I'm surprised none of you have imported Dark Soul's III or downloaded it from Japan as the language can't be that hard.  

Still prefer to have a disc over a digital copy with most games, also Japanese as a language is easy because mas said so. Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 20:11

My bad should of been the language barrier can't be much of a issue in a game like Dark Souls.

Also it would be a disc if you import.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 20:14

If you are playing it just for face value then aye it wouldn't be tough but navigating the menus would be and you'd get none of that sweet sweet lore.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2016 - 20:29

Japanese is not easy Hissy fit

I still only know the basics after trying (and some what procrastinating) to learn it so I'm more fluent and well that hasn't happened
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016 - 16:09

Yeah I know Japanese is hard as I've got a Card Captor game on Dreamcast and I've got no idea what to do but Virtua Fighter 3tb is easy to figure out. Like I was thinking about Dark Soul's III especially seeing likes of Jas have played the previous ones and I would guess menus are the same layout also it's english VO but like Jas points out you may miss out on the lore.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016 - 16:29

The four Souls games so far have all had very different layouts and menus and systems. The mystery, and working out how everything works, is a big part of the gameplay loop. Plus the lore is a huge aspect. Gameplay and story are not two separate things, but two sides of the same coin, as Dark Souls shows better than anything else.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016 - 18:38

See I've not played much of the Soul's games but seen a few people talk about playing the JPN version of DSIII and Push Square even have a guide to play it.

On April it does seem to be the month of the Nintendo Selects coming April 15th for the Wii U which includes Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U, Nintendo Land, Lego City Undercover, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD and Wii Party U.

Also a big film release as Star Wars: The Force Awakens comes out on the 18th.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016 - 22:48

I'm excited about that! Probably gonna marathon 4-7 when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 12:55

Didn't get Yokai because it just lacks... What's the word I'm looking for here? Bite, yes I believe that's the word I'm looking for, it lacks bite. It's just a tad too on the fluffy side for my tastes.

And yeah, got a bit agro the other day. Woke up on the wrong side of bed basically, bad sleeping schedules absolutely destroy my temper.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 18:40

Already pre ordered Starfox Zero with Guard and will soon be pre ordering Ratchet and Clank. Still need to try Yokai Watch too to see whether I want that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 20:46

Athrun888 wrote:
Didn't get Yokai because it just lacks bite 
I can see what you mean. I feel like I should want it but I just don't care.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 21:25

Probably because its review scores didn't blow everyone away. I'll give it a go and hand over my overenthusiastic thoughts.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Mar 2016 - 22:40

I've got it and got as past the tutorial thing and that's it, haven't touched it since
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April's Game Releases    April's Game Releases  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

April's Game Releases
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next