We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Design the NX controller

Go down 
+6
Jimbob
Athrun888
Balladeer
JayMoyles
masofdas
Buskalilly
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Design the NX controller - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Apr 2016 - 18:33

Hm, not sure about the D-Pad having such prominence, and having to reach over to get to the stick. (Screen would be tiny as well.) If we could have a modernised GC controller, then we'd be talking!

Like the record button though: a nice touch. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Apr 2016 - 19:09

ZeroJones wrote:
Jimbob's work is incredibly impressive, but I've used something that he would find untouchable... MS Paint! Grin

Prediction:

That's very much like a ps4 controller but with a screen which is a nice idea, even though you want to keep it small I'd personally want it a tad bit bigger so map & inventory management on the screen would be less of a hassle.

Balla wrote:
Like the record button though: a nice touch. Thumbs Up!

I really hope the real NX controller has this as it's such a fun feature of the ps4.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Apr 2016 - 20:52

Design the NX controller - Page 2 1413977-propcycle_dx_

I think Namco already designed the NX controller twenty years ago. It's definitely going to be the Prop Cycle arcade cabinet, because it was brilliant, whereas the Wii U GamePad was not. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Jul 2016 - 22:01

I said this a few months ago

I can't see them doing a VR only system Drunka also it would be expensive if it was self powered but I could see them doing Gear style with £200ish headset set which is sort of low-mid tier but even adding on a NX system for let's say £350, it would still be one of the cheaper options and could be the big mainstream hit. I could see Nintendo doing some fantastic things with VR now also they could bring back the wiimote like Balla want's. So everyone wins, we get a hybrid, VR and motion controls.

In a reply to Drunka and I've got a funny feeling this may happen and that's the NX's big selling point that it can do everything.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Jul 2016 - 16:33

Pale
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Jul 2016 - 20:23

Just in case I have miss interpret the sad face, sorry but why the sad face if what I've said is correct.

Is it because you don't want VR or you think ohh the NX will be a okay handheld, a okay home console and a okay VR device but could it have been so much more if it only did one very well?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Jul 2016 - 20:45

Sleep
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Jul 2016 - 23:35

masofdas wrote:
Just in case I have miss interpret the sad face, sorry but why the sad face if what I've said is correct.

Is it because you don't want VR or you think ohh the NX will be a okay handheld, a okay home console and a okay VR device but could it have been so much more if it only did one very well?

The idea of VR this soon as a main function of a system gives me the fear, hence why I used this chap: Pale (that's pale with fear rather than sad) so aye just not interested in VR & I prefer consoles over handhelds.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Jul 2016 - 10:20

I think my reply to all of this would be

🐷 :king: Father Christmas Star :maggie: :maggie: :maggie:
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Jul 2016 - 10:39

Yeah I think most of us would sooner have a console but like I've said before I just don't see that as best for business for Nintendo.

Also the NX still will play Zelda, Project Sonic etc these are console games you'll be able to play console quality games but on the go, I can just imagine playing Zelda at work and vice-versa playing Monster Hunter on a TV. I just don't know how good the graphics quality will be depending if it's X1 or X2 being used.

On VR, I don't think it will be built around it but a extra which I think Nintendo have to look at as take MS they're making a console just for VR & 4K.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Jul 2016 - 12:38

For my money, VR is way down the line for Nintendo. Famously reluctant to take on the things other companies are doing, I predict that they'll wait to see how it pans out before dipping a toe in the water (or not).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Jul 2016 - 13:11

I just find it weird for a company who did motion controls and 3D before anyone really with success, doesn't look to VR right away and how I imagine it would be a cheap and cool way to do it.

As the NX system instead of taking out of the controller and putting into its docking station for TV play, you put in a VR headset like a Gear instead and all games can be played in cinema mode at least then some more then that.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Jul 2016 - 17:57

masofdas wrote:
Yeah I think most of us would sooner have a console but like I've said before I just don't see that as best for business for Nintendo.

Spoiler:

Anyhow after failing to market a 2 screen console I think it'd be better for them to keep it simple for one generation, a jack of all trades system is a dangerous thing to try in my book.

masofdas wrote:

Also the NX still will play Zelda, Project Sonic etc these are console games you'll be able to play console quality games but on the go, I can just imagine playing Zelda at work and vice-versa playing Monster Hunter on a TV. I just don't know how good the graphics quality will be depending if it's X1 or X2 being used.

On paper this sounds great but Sony have tried this approach with the PSP/Vita & it wasn't all that successful, also for me there's just too many compromises that will have to be made across the board especially the ones that will affect the most important thing

The games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Jul 2016 - 18:40

Well the NX far as we know from rumors will be one screen and Nintendo's message will be something like play anywhere, and the whole you can play Zelda on the bus or sat at home on your sofa on a 50inch TV will be the big thing.

PSP I think is a little unfair to compare, as you could go well it had PS2 like games which some like GTA did very very well along with the system 80m+ but it didn't not officially let you go let's play Library City Stories on my TV or vice-versa let's play Vice City on the PSP.

VITA is closer to what the NX will sort of be but then that's more like the gamepad as you need to be connected / close by to use remote play to plat PS4 games on it, you could say during the PS3 it has thing's like All-Stars which was cross-buy but wasn't something really from the get go.

Where the NX will be that from the get go, who knows compromises could be made for games but we do the X1 is more powerful then a Wii U and is in a portable device already and if the NX uses X2 which some thing, then that's almost the same power as XBONE which may make sense for likes of Project Sonic being on PS4, ONE and NX.

From a games point of view we know what Nintendo can do with limited hardware in terms of power and even 3rd parties if they bother with the Wii U, yeah if it's X1 and the port of Sonic is only running at 720p or missing stuff like Unleashed on Wii compared to PS360 then yeah that could be a issue for some or we hope for X2 and we remember the survey going around about 900p, just like a Xbox One.

From a gameplay perspective, I think that's up to the developers so Zelda will likely feel better playing on a TV but you have the option on playing on the go and Pokemon may still feel better playing on the go but the option is there if you do want to play on a TV.

3rd party could be interesting as if they see it as a handheld, maybe we don't get Final Fantasy XV on NX but we get Bravely Third instead, which also makes a lot of sense to me as you would think a lot of the people that buy a NX will have somewhere to already play those 3rd party games like they do already but not for Bravely Third, Monster Hunter 5 or Yo-Kai Watch 4.

We may not like it but Nintendo's main audience is the handheld market which most of them is likely just for Pokemon and the core on sites likes this or SONM isn't enough to even support a Nintendo magazine.

Not a lot of you will like this but IGN may have hit the nail on the head on what the Nintendo audience is, it's the 6 year olds playing Pokemon on the 2DS or the 80/90s kid who grew up with Nintendo and not all of them still play games or have moved on.

Which leaves a very small audience to buy what you want Jas and a lot on here what a simple Nintendo Home Console, that we get the NX which I think Nintendo thinks will please everyone by going we've made this really powerful handheld, look it can even play Zelda and plug into your TV enjoy.

Now I might be wrong and I may like a lot of people and outlets, end up looking up like a right dick by keep saying it's a hybrid of some sort and it turns out to be a home console running 4K 60fps but at the moment I'm almost certain as the sky is blue that the NX will be a hybrid.

VR is just something I want and we've sort of heard about but that I'm not sure about at all unlike the NX being a hybrid.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 0:49

The psp/vita comparison was more for the how they were marketed & that was as handhelds that could provide a console experience on the go and in that regard it didn't succeed. (I'm not talking overall sales of hardware or software here either)

The NX pointing to being that kind of system except in reverse is personally just not for me, I'll likely still buy it because I enjoy Nintendo games but am I excited about this possible direction? No.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 8:44

I don't know how you can say the PSP didn't succeed as how do measure or divine that, if you totally ignore the numbers. Are you talking about games instead, then again a lot felt like console games. I get why you would say it about the VITA, just by looking at the numbers.

I was thinking just now, hence the edit about you not being excited about the direction the NX is taking. But is it really going to be any different, as myself I'll likely plug in the docking station into the TV, dock the NX and just play it like I would with any other console and maybe take it on the go in the first week of owning it and maybe for Pokemon.

That even though it is a hybrid, myself and reckon a few even on here, will just treated like a console by never undocking it.

The thing about that is games will some go for a more handheld audience and feel, plus I guess it be in the back of our heads what could have Nintendo done could they have done 4k gaming for instance.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 10:29

I keep wanting to contribute to this discussion (there's so little else to discuss at the moment Aww! ), but I feel like I've said it all already.

What Jas said, basically.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 12:21

I think a lot like yourself will agree with Jas but I'm excited to be able to play Zelda on the go and Nintendo having decent output with them only having to make games for one system not 2.

As at the moment you said Zombie home console but if you had both libraries of the 3ds and Wii U, would you be playing something at home on the TV?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 19:33

mas wrote:

I don't know how you can say the PSP didn't succeed as how do measure or divine that, if you totally ignore the numbers. Are you talking about games instead, then again a lot felt like console games. I get why you would say it about the VITA, just by looking at the numbers.

Jaster wrote:
(I'm not talking overall sales of hardware or software here either)

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 19:56

How are you saying they didn't succeed then?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Dec 2016 - 16:11

What's that seems Mas could be right that Switch is a Hybird and may have VR like Gear and motion controls with the Joy-Cons making the system a jack of all trades.
Design the NX controller - Page 2 Original
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Dec 2016 - 18:34

It seems fairly similar to the current headsets where one inserts a phone. Makes sense Nintendo would patent one for the tablet section of the Switch now, even if they don't have any concrete plans to make it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Dec 2016 - 22:08

Only if they make a lever for one of the side slots, so it becomes one of those 3D viewfinder things you had as a kid.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Dec 2016 - 6:59

It feels like all our designs have at least one element that's made it into the design of the Switch that we've seen so far. Good work, Predict-O-Team! Now to get cracking on the 4DS (or HDS, maybe...). Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Dec 2016 - 16:21

Drunkalilly wrote:
It seems fairly similar to the current headsets where one inserts a phone.

Which I said would be the way they would do it, everything I've said has been real or at least patented and everyone in-till now seemed to have forget the VR rumours along with Kimishima being rather coy on the subject.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Design the NX controller   Design the NX controller - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Design the NX controller
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next