We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Iwata to possibly resign

Go down 
+8
Admin
ZeroJones
beemoh
Balladeer
The_Jaster
NintenDUCK
JayMoyles
shanks
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Iwata to possibly resign Empty
PostSubject: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 12:43

Basically says it all

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/01/31/iwata-implies-he-may-resign-over-poor-business-performance/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 12:54

It doesn't make sense to me why he would resign now. He was there as President during the Gamecube years where Nintendo got their asses handed to them by Sony. He then went on to lead Nintendo through the best success they've had since the SNES days. I don't think he'll resign.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 13:29

A profit of 100bn yen seems a bit steep but I'm sure if they get close (800/900 bn or so) then he'll probably stay. But perhaps he's just saying to make his apology sound more sincere and is secretly sure he'll make this goal of his.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 15:17

If anything this "threat" to resign could give them extra motivation to improve things but IF the worst came to the worst then I actually wouldn't mind it as he could move back into development, something he said he'd love to do but simply doesn't have the time for.

.....with that said I agree with Jay Moyles.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 18:29

I don't know whether this is a good or bad thing. Here's hoping that if he does resign, whoever replaces him is committed to the same things that make Nintendo fun. I don't want N8 (I think?) to be "Wii U with more power", great though I'm sure that would be.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 19:10

I'll take over if he resigns.

Iwata to possibly resign Bananas
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 19:49

Phillips wrote:

You've got my backing.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 22:17

Oh, gosh. I feel sorry for the bloke because he feels he has to go that far. Aww! Iwata has been a good president for Nintendo, with a solid commitment to the things that make the brand unique - and, alas, a stubborn commitment to the things that make the brand infuriating, like not engaging with the Internet as well as their competitors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptySat 2 Feb 2013 - 1:56

beemoh wrote:
Phillips wrote:

You've got my backing.

Cheers mate. For your support, it'd like to hand you the developmental rights to the Wii Chess series.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptySat 2 Feb 2013 - 20:47

I'd hate to see Iwata resign. He's been at Nintendo's helm through much tougher times for the company than this, and the company could do a great deal worse in the presidential stakes.

Choose who is president, there will always be improvements to make and standards to uphold.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptySat 2 Feb 2013 - 21:01

Thing is, if Iwata did walk, they might put Reggie in charge. Imagine that...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptySat 2 Feb 2013 - 21:05

Reggie would be the Chuck Norris of company presidents.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptySat 2 Feb 2013 - 23:06

beemoh wrote:
Thing is, if Iwata did walk, they might put Reggie in charge. Imagine that...

An American the head of the Japanese division? Doubt that very much.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptySun 3 Feb 2013 - 8:29

I hope he doesn't resign.
Anyway, I found an interesting fact: Since 1998, the only years they haven't achieved 100bn yen operating profit were 2001, 2006 and 2012. (Notice a pattern? XD)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptySun 3 Feb 2013 - 9:31

Axis1500 wrote:
I hope he doesn't resign.
Anyway, I found an interesting fact: Since 1998, the only years they haven't achieved 100bn yen operating profit were 2001, 2006 and 2012. (Notice a pattern? XD)
*narrows eyes*

Home console launches? Dance What do I win?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptySun 3 Feb 2013 - 10:04

Oh, that is bizarre! I guess with Nintendo it takes some time for them to gain an installed userbase and for word of mouth to spread for them to start selling consoles by the millions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptySun 3 Feb 2013 - 10:05

Will be using that fact on CVG soon!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptySun 3 Feb 2013 - 10:55

He'd be daft to resign. He's basically done "not as poorly" as other Japanese electronics firms. He's also a respectable human being as well, where he punishes himself (as in this very case) before ruining his underlings. If he did go, the replacement would either be an existing Nintendo head (result would be Status Quo) or some "business expert" in which case Nintendo would plummet off a cliff.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 16:13

Would be sad to see him go - I think he should at least give him more time to sort things out if Wii U's launch year doesn't go so well, after all he did manage to steer 3DS around (though he was responsible for its not so stellar launch).

Even so, I really hope he can reach that target. No Iwata just wouldn't be right, he's the face of Nintendo for many and I really couldn't imagine anyone else heading up the company right now.

The issue with Nintendo to me has always been how each division (NoE, NoA, NoJ) poorly communicates with each other, leading to inefficiencies. And I've read that only Nintendo of Japan has any real power over global decisions.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptyFri 28 Jun 2013 - 21:54

Sorry for thread bump.

From the recent Investor Meeting....

Iwata: "I don't recall saying I'd resign."

(Sighs of relief all round.)

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-boss-didnt-say-hed-quit-yo-606796935
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptySat 29 Jun 2013 - 8:50

No, the pay cut must have been bad enough for the poor fellow! Glad to hear you're sticking around, Mr. I!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptySun 30 Jun 2013 - 16:46

We playing what we would, I would give SEGA a boat load of money to make shenmue 3.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptySun 30 Jun 2013 - 19:19

Ah, good news! As previously stated, I've grown fond of Iwata's presence over the years. As company execs go, he's reassuringly human.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptySun 30 Jun 2013 - 19:29

We could always get ourselves another Yamauchi if he does decide to go (although I'd rather he stayed, natch)or is the Yamauchi family out of the business entirely now?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign EmptySun 30 Jun 2013 - 20:36

I find it facinating that folk think that Mr Yamauchi was a bad guy, here's something ye may not know he refused his retirement pension which would've been around $9 to $14 million.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iwata to possibly resign   Iwata to possibly resign Empty

Back to top Go down

Iwata to possibly resign
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next