We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?

Go down 
+9
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Buskalilly
gjones
masofdas
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptySun 21 May 2017 - 16:42

Can you guess how many more people couldn't give a toss about a frame rate counter being on any console?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptySun 21 May 2017 - 16:46

Do those people care about likely £500 consoles made for 4K? No.

And the ones that do care about that, want a framerate counter which also make dolphin pictures with the numbers.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptySun 21 May 2017 - 18:40

Muss wrote:
I don't play a game in one resolution while also having a direct reference to a different resolution available simultaneously
Word.

I'd say that Horizon Zero Dawn is an immensely beautiful game in 1080p HD. If I get a 4K TV, it'll be because my new TV happens to work at 4K as a standard. My Sky service isn't even in HD.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptySun 21 May 2017 - 18:57

Like I've said about new TVs, nearly all of them are 4K now same with lots of things and new consoles (the point of this thread) will be.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptySun 21 May 2017 - 21:01

masofdas wrote:
dolphin pictures with the numbers.  
New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 5330128e74bb2a28dbec340caa7bf0a5--animal-coloring-pages-coloring-pages-for-kids
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptySun 21 May 2017 - 21:14

I once had the idea of making one of those that had equations on it that you had to solve to find out what the numbers were for the colouring bit. I was really pleased with myself about it too... and then I discovered that a), it was really hard to do, and b), someone else had already done it. Duh!

On the 4K thing - it's the same as any decent TV tech. As soon as it's cheap enough it will become the standard.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptySun 21 May 2017 - 21:27

I've got a feeling we had that in a maths class once, actually.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 6:01

Jimbob wrote:
masofdas wrote:
Spoiler:
No.

EDIT: Sorry, I should be a bit less abrupt than that...

Up for debate.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 15:52

Quite honestly, I feel the folks who are genuinely interested in shelling out £500 for a 4K compatible console and then around that - if not more expensive - for a 4K TV, plus the price of games on console, should probably poney up the cash instead for a PC. If Sony and Microsoft plan to go head to head with PC, then they're going to end up losing by pricing your average gamer out of the market or driving them towards PC.

It's in times like these that I say thank fuck for Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 20:57

As someone who bought a Pro and a 4KTV, also might be interested in a better PS4 possibly Scorpio but it depends on the games and nothing Spencer has been saying has got me that excited.

The reason I went console route as even trying to play Battle Princess Madelyn was a pain and I could never get it to work, where on a console even though we now have to deal with updates it is pretty much put the disc in and go.

Exclusive games, Multiplayer etc I wouldn't have played Overwatch as much as I have if I couldn't played with you and I think Drunka said he would have given it a go if he could have played with us.

4K at the moment is niche, Spencer has said this himself but if you have a audience that wants it then do it.

I don't know if this applies to any of but for me I got a HDTV back in 2005 for my 360 as I wanted to play in HD, yet how many people really cared about the 360 being in HD or HD gaming back then the Wii for instance wasn't even HD but HD had become the norm now as things are just HD.

On Scorpio we've got some interesting news which points to it being a new console again thanks to Ybarra with regards with Scorpio games and how games don't need to to made for Xbox One but everything is Xbox Anywhere.

I'm not sure if this means two version of each game like Forza Horizon 2 on 360 & ONE or some are saying devs can make a game using all the POWER! of Scorpio then soon as it's played on a Xbox One it will move all the sliders down to the lowest and look like Overwatch does on my PC a PS2 game at what must be 480p at locked 30fps but it does run.

It would sort of explain how MS are planning to get native 4K 60fps from games where on Pro that isn't always the case as the game is still held back by a normal PS4.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 21:44

mas wrote:
The reason I went console route as even trying to play Battle Princess Madelyn was a pain and I could never get it to work, where on a console even though we now have to deal with updates it is pretty much put the disc in and go.

I know what you mean but I hear all the time about folk who only have a PC for gaming and say they aren't all that tech-savvy & they get by just fine, after all it's not that hard to find help with this sort of thing these days. So that just leaves you with exclusives & multiplayer with friends which is perfectly fine reason to go console over PC.

Oddly enough I'd be well up for buying a PC if I knew a bunch of other folk with one as well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 21:52

I can think of a few reasons as well like price as the Pro is what £350, how much would a similar specced PC cost for instance and physical games for selling, trading, lending, collecting etc is a thing I like.

And I know that when I bought my 360 for instance in 2005 that 12 years later a new game coming to it like PES 2018 will play on it, no way a PC from 12 years ago will be playing PES 2018.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 21:57

A PC with equivalent specs to a 360 absolutely could play something like that. PC games have adjustable settings for a reason, after all.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 22:03

Sure but will the game settings go that low on PC? My point was that you know when you buy a console you're going to able just be able to play the games that come to it, on the most part I can think of a few exemptions like the New 3DS and if you have a Old 3DS you can't play Xenoblade and Scorpio may have this issue.

Last edited by masofdas on Mon 22 May 2017 - 22:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 22:17

Yes, they will. I was able to turn GTA V down to 360/PS3 levels when I played that on PC a few years back.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 22:23

Cool, I'm looking in on PC gaming from the outside it seems to be always get a new graphics card every couple of years just to play the latest game at a decent level.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 22:25

Whereas with console gaming it seems to be becoming, get a new machine every couple of years just to play the latest game at a decent level.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 22:27

See, decent level to a PC gamer would likely exceed what the PS4 or One can output at the moment in time. That's why they'll upgrade every few years, and that's why I drew a comparison to mid-platform upgrades like the Pro and Scorpio with PC gaming. A graphics card from a few years will give you a solid standard for a good while.

Balla: That's why I'm growing concerned for the direction that Microsoft and Sony seems to be heading towards. I just hope we don't hear rumblings of a Switch Deluxe come 2019 or something. No
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 22:29

They had the GBC, the DSi, the New 3DS... I wouldn't get my hopes up. Sulk
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 22:34

Besides the GBC, they've not really done a lot with their mid to late console upgrades though, have they? I mean, the N3DS has SNES on Virtual Console and a couple of exclusives, but it wouldn't have tempted me to buy one had my O3DS XL not packed it in close to the N3DS releasing.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 22:38

Depends what you mean by decent level, doesn't it.  

We don't know where consoles will go, MS how they've been talking will go mobile service like route and we get a upgrade very few years but Sony has sort of mentioned PS5.  

I think this a good thing that they're all doing something different MS with service, PlayStation more traditional but maybe with a upgrade in-between ala DSi and New 3DS, Nintendo with a hybrid.

And I sooner pay £350 for a new console then £250+ for a AMD Radeon RX 480 (What Pro may have) along with anything I need to get it to run correctly.

It's ease of use (along with other reason I brought up I prefer console gaming), Spencer has said this as well about Scorpio.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 22:49

But the ease of use is counter-point to the fact that they're expecting you to upgrade every few years. That's either a) going to turn some on to PC as these mid-cycle upgrades will be outclassed by whatever you can get on PC pretty soon after release or b) not sell to anybody outside of a pretty niche group of gamers.

Once again, thank fuck for Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 23:00

I don't your get the statement about Nintendo at all as they were the first to do this back with GBC and even now the New 3DS is a upgrade with exclusive games.

PS4 Pro isn't that it is just a more powerful PS4, we know all games have to be made with PS4 in mind, no exclusives and the upgrade is 4K and I would say were a bunch of hardcore gamers on here and I'm the only one that cares about that, clearly it's not a necessary upgrade that is being forced on us every few years.

If PS5 is the next system in 2019 then we get PS5 Pro 3 years after original launch in 2021 then a PS6 in 2024 and so on, how is that really bad.

MS is the one that might have the issue if you listen to everything they're saying but then I wouldn't be shocked if they sell you systems like mobile phones in some sort of contract.  

Also the biggest thing out of this is games and I don't give a monkeys if I can get a PC for £350 that's better then a Pro as I can't play the games I like on it and I can't play Overwatch with you.

This is how Xbox One is still successful as people want to play FIFA and COD with their bros.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 23:08

Nintendo are the only ones currently NOT doing massive power jumps & are actually doing what I said earlier of focusing on trying to maintain a high performance without tipping it over the edge & the costs going through the roof.

So I thinks that's why Jay is saying: "Thank fuck for Nintendo"
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 23:16

Sure but to me they're doing their own thing by having a hybrid.

Like I said it seems the other two are as well, which can only be good for gaming if all three are sort of going in different directions. If not you get something like the PS2, DC, XBOX, CUBE era where they're all sort of the same and we do we really want three systems the same.

I also wouldn't say the Pro is a massive jump Destiny 2 will be in 30fps still like a normal PS4 as it still is normal. Scorpio is just ridiculous the jump in POWER! on the hand and now word of it not being held back by One is interesting.

Also I think I sooner have the Power jump then having to shell out on a new system (which I did twice) for one exclusive which I didn't like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next