We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)

Go down 
+10
shanks
The_Jaster
Athrun888
masofdas
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
OrangeRakoon
Balladeer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 9:51

"SQUEE SPIDER-MAN!"  Grin  "Yawn zombies, so bored."  "lmao that final fantasy shooter."  "Aww, that's CoD?  I was hoping it was a badass space combat thing!" "This Horizon game looks f***ing epic!"  "SQUEE SPIDER-MAN!"  Grin

Just my random thoughts on the Sony conference.  Was anyone else expecting the behemoth to sideswipe that blonde when he turned round to pose with the Sony VR?  Because I totally was!  But of course that would have required SE to have a sense of humour Meh
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 9:58

Forgive me, Athrun, I may be wrong, I probably am wrong, it defies everything I know, but I've got to ask.

Did you... did you maybe... enjoy it?

I'm sorry, it looks silly now that I've typed it down, forget I said anything. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 10:13

I was really disappointed by Sony, though I think a large part of it was RE7 putting me in the worst mood Laughing

I wasn't incredibly sold on God of War as it looked slower, both in pace and combat and I couldn't get my head around the main guy's (is that Kratos? I'm not sure) voice as it kept changing from sounding like Thor to a weird American accent.

Days Gone looks like a somewhat generic zombie game, do we need more Zombies? Surprised they didn't just go with a TLOU spin off tbh.

Last Guardian still looks average - meh

Horizon looked as wonderful as ever.

Detroit looks like David is punching above his story telling weight.

The less said about Resi the better.

Batman VR made me sad, sounded like they've got Hamill on board again despite it being for a crappy VR game.

Crash 1 doesn't hold up, so I'm looking forwards to hearing people not enjoying that.

Weird tar baby Kojima game didn't tell me anything.

Spider-Man looked good, want to see more though!

Another classic case of Sony "Winning" over MS because of fanboyism mixed in with a slice of VR optimism... great
Overall I'd say Ubi probably had the best conference again, though I think South Park made up my mind on that alone, amazing!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 10:22

How do you know Batman VR will be crappy though, nothing was shown of it really. Also Rocksteady are a excellent studio they could knock that out of the park.

Sony was better then MS, better pacing and just games with most being exclusive. You do know the Crash games are being Remastered from the ground up not just HD versions, that I reckon they will be fine and Crash 1's only issue is the D-Pad being used for movement not a analog stick which we will now get.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 10:46

Christ, I'm done with E3. I'll watch a bit of the Zelda thing, as I love Nintendo, but the days of me boarding the hype train are well and truly over. So far, all I've seen are CG trailers which don't tell me anything and games I already knew about. What am I getting excited about, exactly? The big wins for me were being given Limbo, Tekken and a Doom demo for free on my Xbox.

Apathy is one thing, I don't begrudge other people being excited. What I do begrudge is the combative nature. "Sony slayed Microsoft!" "Hideo Kojima destroyed Xbox with powerful punches!" "Microsoft fans are crying themselves to sleep the great daft cunts!" Like, no? In terms of numbers, there were as many if not more exclusives that excited me on Xbox as there were on Playstation.

Even if there weren't, I don't care. I can enjoy my games while you enjoy yours. I picked up an Xbox because I fancied the games on it; if lots of good games come to Playstation, I'll buy one of them as well. We're grown ups using entertainment products, not soldiers defending the honour of our liege lords. I don't sit on the Microsoft board, I have zero interest in whether Xbox sells more units than Playstation. Gamers need to grow up.

More than us, though, the games companies need to grow up. Matt Lees put it better than me, but the ludicrous, macho, aggressive games industry is ridiculous and offensive and needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Zelda and Pokémon might be fun, though. I'll watch a little bit but I don't want to see too much.

Sleep
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 11:01

I agree that's why I'm saying to me Sony had the best conference as almost every game shown I want where MS showed about 5 I want and I know the PS4 has got and will get games I want to play more so then on the Xbox Ecosystem. Doesn't mean those game aren't good on it but to me it's maybe not enough to get a Xbox One again for so little, as I've only got so much time to play games and PlayStation has the 3rd party along with strong exclusives that I can get my fill there for games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 11:08

That's a belter of a post Drunka. I'm not sure I agree with all of it, although the macho posturing can definitely get dunked on; but you've communicated it brilliantly.

You know who's bucking the trend though? Phil Spencer. I like the chap! I know he's likely only doing it because Sony are "winning" this generation, but he's so respectful to Sony and everybody. More of gaming's could stand to be like him.

Games that potentially interest me thus far:
ReCore
Scalebound
(maybe, tear the characters' voiceboxes out first)
The Last Guardian
Horizon

That's two each. I've probably forgotten something.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 11:20

The crumpy one that won't stop crumping (Andy) wrote:
Overall I'd say Ubi probably had the best conference again, though I think South Park made up my mind on that alone, amazing!

South Park looked ace! I'm so glad that they're giving away stick of truth free when you pre order the new one, never did get around to getting it so that is a nice bonus.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 16:12

Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_nxly90BL3c1s5tk19_500

What might have been. I won't be on Skype, usually take a day off from work for Nintendo E3 but it didn't seem worth it this year. But I will follow at least the first hour from here.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 16:40

This will be the first bit I actually watch live. I tried to watch Xbox from the work canteen but my phone was being a pain, I was eating a sandwich and I was trying to text. Since then, I've just been watching Jim Sterling's round-ups.

I'll try to be on Skype a bit, but I'll also be on the Midnight Resistance chatroom thingy.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 16:45

People in Nintendo Life chat speculating about surprises.

No.  You are setting yourself up for a fall.  Zelda and Pokémon and that will be it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 16:51

I'm betting on one surprise. Not a major one, probably, but one surprise nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 17:06

I want to marry Hyrule.  That is all.

Aaaaaand now they're repeating previously seen Pokétrailers. That may be the best of it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 19:17

Holy balls! Zelda: breath of the wild looks absolutely stunning!

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 19:21

IT'S AUDREY DRAKE DRUNKA!  And she's still massively cloying! Mucking about with magnets at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 19:28

I really don't see what your issue with her is.
Also, she's subconsciously cosplayed Link it seems.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 19:37

Granted, she seemed less irritating this time around. Last time, out of all the people who were clearly required to look enthusiastic as part of their jobs, hers seemed the most forced. Playing up the whole cutesy a whole bunch (she just called a rock "Bouldy" for example). Someone described it as "valley girl" I believe. Maybe that's what she's naturally like, but it's not for me.

The more chilled-out Sam, I much preferred.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 11:48

Zero seems to be right about his "one surprise" thing. Before Cappa or Jas get overly excited, it's an RPG.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 11:58

I saw this pop up on the social medias and apparently it was in emails journalists got weeks ago but none of them mentioned/noticed it until now. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 12:13

E3 basically over, we will see a few more things like the new Mario Party for 3DS and this RPG also maybe something good from SEGA today Lol!

So I bring to you my awards with a new award for 2016, which Andy will love

Best Last Gen: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, basically be default. I almost went for Persona 5 as it's coming to PS3 but thought better of it.

Best Port/HD/Remaster/Re-release to Current Gen: Crash Bandicoot Trilogy, even though it wasn't shown it's a huge announcement for me that grew up with the PS1 alongside the Crash games, my second would be South Park Stick of Truth as I'm playing right it now on PS4.

Best Indie: We Happy Few, excellent showing of this someone that worked on Bioshock game. I wonder when that will ever stop being a thing. A second would be Pyre as it's from Super Giant games but this was a hard to pick a winner.

Best PC Exclusive: Quake Champions.

Best VR: Resident Evil 7, looks like it's been made for VR which is why it gets the top pick otherwise Star Trek which may look urghh but it just works how you imagine Star Trek would also shame I'm unlikely to ever play it with any of you under Captain #Bantz.

Best Vita Exclusive: Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate by default as it seems to be the only one there that let's say just the best game on VITA which would be Dragon Quest Builders as it looks like it would be fun on the go making stuff ala Minecraft but with a story.

Best 3DS Exclusive: Pokemon Sun & Moon, with Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past being the second pick

Best Multi-Platform: South Park The Fractured But Whole, it had a a excellent and funny showing. My second choice would be Dishonored 2.

Best Xbox One Anywhere Exclusive: Gears of War 4, looks fantastic. Second goes to Halo Wars 2 mainly due to the fact I've been playing it.

Best PS4 Exclusive: Horizon: Zero Dawn, I don't know what I can say which hasn't already been said in the past about it. Second is hard with this one but I'm giving a ward to another game that God of War will take second.  

Best Wii U/NX Exclusive: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, ala the VITA the second is a game that can be played on Wii U and that is Severed.

Best New IP: Death Stranding, it's from Kojima that is all.  Visceral’s Star Wars Game takes second even if we did only see 30seconds of it but what a 30 seconds.

Surprise Reveal: Death Stranding, a odd one as I thought we would see Kojima as if you got Kojima you bring him out but not as much as we did see and that was very little. Second Crash is back.

Best Company Showing: Sony for me by a long way as they showed me games I want to play and will buy day one more so then anyone else and they had the Game of the Show. Second would be Microsoft, showed a lot I like the look off along with new hardware.

Game of E3: Horizon: Zero Dawn, why were you delayed as this is my most anticipated game on anything. Second I was going to say Death Stranding because Kojima but as it was a weird real time in engine thing, it's a little unfair. That second goes to South Park The Fractured But Whole.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 12:35

Balladeer wrote:
Forgive me, Athrun, I may be wrong, I probably am wrong, it defies everything I know, but I've got to ask.

Did you... did you maybe... enjoy it?

I'm sorry, it looks silly now that I've typed it down, forget I said anything. Embarrassed

Enjoy is probably too strong a word, I didn't not like it!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 12:51

Ah yes, the E3 awards, I think I'll follow Mas' lead and chip in mine!

Best remaster/remake/thing - Gotta be dat Crash Bandicoot trilogy, if they don't balls it up this is going to be so soooo sweet to play!

Best Indie - Indie games, what are those again exactly?  Winky Face

Best 3DS - Pokemon S&M wins this by default surely!

Best Multiplat - Final Fantasy XV, and this isn't even remotely close.  The game looks like it might just out-Xenoblade X Xenoblade X!  Combat looks sweet as hell, graphics are stunning with that art direction, and you can ditch the car for Chocobo's!!

Best Xbone - Eh?

Best PS4 - I want to give this to Spiderman SO BAD, but with only a minute of action and no release date (there's always next year!) the winner HAS to be Horizon: Zero Dawn, another absolutely smashing looking open world action game that takes a lot from Xenoblade X in the grand scale fantasy open world thing.  

Best Ninty title - Zelda I guess?  I haven't actually seen anything from them yet so I'd assume Zelda takes it by default.  See Nintendo, this is why you have a dedicated proper conference or direct, so some of us can actually get this info without having to fish around the internet.

Best New IP - Detroit: Become Human and it ain't even close.  Game looked absolutely amazing, although "game" might be a bit of a stretch, but it certainly doesn't make it any less a title to watch!  I'll admit as someone who hasn't played Metal Gear the Kojima thing was just too weird for me, it was just a whole lot of nothing of substance and attempts at mindf***ery, although I suspect I'll be on my lonesome here.

Best Conference - Sony, even if it wasn't by default with everyone else being literal snooze fests, they had some seriously entertaining stuff in there!

Best Game - Going to agree with Mas here and say Horizon: Zero Dawn, the game just looks so good on so many levels.  Amazing art direction, amazing world, and that gameplay looks absolutely smashing and incredibly creative for an action game with its emphasis on laying traps and tricks with a bit of bow and arrow on the side!  The wait is going to be painful for this one!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 13:06

There's a day of Nintendo to go, which could change the 3DS result if nothing else (S&M was shoddily presented). And apparently a new IP to announce. Too soon.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 14:54

Bit surprised at mas & athrun giving Horizon zero dawn Best game of E3, it does look fantastic but it also debuted last year & makes it seem like there wasn't anything else of note shown.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 15:19

There's nothing wrong with choosing a previously shown game as your favourite game if significantly more is shown.  I've just watched the trailer Embarrassed and I do think it looks "ballin'".  Beautiful world, Aloy moves fluidly (and is female!), there's riding around... it looks a lot like a high-tech. Zelda-cum-Monster Hunter-cum-Xenoblade, and might well have been my GotS as well if there wasn't an actual high-tech. Zelda being shown off in significantly more detail and looking (to my biased eyes) better in most details.

Also Link's muteness is shown off for the boon it is when compared with Aloy's incessant chatter.  I presume that'll be turned down in the eventual game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)   Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Mostly-Zelda Non-Event (and E3 2016)
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next