We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams

Go down 
+5
JayMoyles
Balladeer
Muss
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams Empty
PostSubject: Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams   Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams EmptySun 5 Jun 2016 - 0:53

Hi all Very Happy

I thought we might've already had this one, but: Have you ever had a dream about a video game, or video games?
Obvs., like most people, having put in a 6 hour stint before bed, often I keep playing games in my dream (Tetris, Ocarina of Time, Microprose Grand Prix).

But occasionally my imagination throws me a curveball; not long after I'd finished Super Mario World (at that time, possibly the greatest videogame ever) I dreamt up that there were a bunch of new levels I'd not discovered yet - including one where you had to race Bowser (which, I know, sounds like a guff idea now). Waking up to discover it wasn't real was a big shame, given that we had to wait 3 years for more new Marios.

You probably have more interesting ones than me!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams   Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams EmptySun 5 Jun 2016 - 21:15

I traded in F-Zero GX because I kept having dreams about it. I had about a week's worth of dreams, all about intergalatic spaceships going at a thousand miles an hour in deathrace Grand Prix. I didn't even like the game that much!

I had a lot of dreams about the animal tiles from Zoo Keeper, back when my mates and I shared the same copy and used to try and break each other's high scores. It got really competitive for a bit when we were in our last year at school, and I ended up dreaming about it for a while.

Last one: I had a lot of dreams about Super Smash Bros Brawl right before it came out - that's how much I was looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams   Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams EmptySun 5 Jun 2016 - 21:27

I've had a few that I can remember.

Final Fantasy IX: I was walking around Bath highstreet with my family when everyone started applauding and suddenly became rendered in the style of an FFIX cutscene. I looked to the sky to see the theatre ship from the start of the game doing filps in the sky.

Simpsons: Road Rage - Ok, this one is more a premonition. Some time before the game was released, and before I'd read any previews or whatever, I dreamt up an advert for a Simpsons game that featured 90s style 3-d simpsons characters sitting on the ends of their beds, heads bobbing from side to side, playing some sort of crazy taxi like game.  It cycled through a few characters, but Krusty is the one I remember vividly.

Star Wars Episode 1: Not Videogame exclusive, but linked to me playing the first level of the shoddy Phantom Menace game as a kid a lot. I dreamed I was Obi-Wan aboard the ship at the start of the game/film, and Qui Gon gave me a really worried look when he realised I ate some pungently gone off chips that whatever the green aliens are gave me. It gave me some stomach ache, and caused all the droids to explode including R2.

I also had a Tekken dream way back, but I can't remember much except for one of the Devils being on a ton of analog tellies which covered a skyscraper. I think it was trying to kill me or something.

Finally, the Boss music from Super Mario Land 2, for some reason, used to freak me out to the point of being unable to sleep. No issues with the Lavender Town music though  Eh?

I was pretty young when I had all of those, don't think I've had a videogame dream this decade.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams   Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams EmptySun 5 Jun 2016 - 22:01

A long time ago I had a dream that Mario was swimming around Jolly Roger Bay and got bitten in half by the eel, complete with pixellated blood clouds.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams   Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams EmptyMon 6 Jun 2016 - 18:47

Balladeer wrote:
A long time ago I had a dream that Mario was swimming around Jolly Roger Bay and got bitten in half by the eel, complete with pixellated blood clouds.

This sounds like the start of one of those "cursed cartridge" stories. Laughing

I rarely dream, but the few gaming dreams I've had all usually involve me just playing the game. It's normally a twisted version of the game though such as exploring areas that aren't in the game or performing actions you simply can't do in the game either. Maybe I'm having premonitions about a sequel to whatever I'm dreaming about?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams   Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams EmptyMon 6 Jun 2016 - 19:03

I never have gaming dreams... until today, when I had a wee nap and dreamed I was turning a handle in Bravely Second. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams   Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams EmptyMon 6 Jun 2016 - 23:35

Oh, Zero's reminded me of playing Minecraft online with mates, being unexpectedly tired, falling asleep while playing and dreaming of a completely different Minecraft World while still half-asleepedly pressing the buttons on my real keyboard. Confusion (and thus the need to quit and go to bed) arose!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams   Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 1:57

The most recent one I can remember is from the week DaS 3 was out, where I was just caught in a never ending loop of making my way through the starting area so just as I'd get to the short cut door I'd be brought back to the start.

Oddly I could also see the games HUD floating slightly above my head.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams   Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 6:20

El_Jaster wrote:
Oddly I could also see the games HUD floating slightly above my head.

Thorough! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams   Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 6:38

I don't often remember my dreams, and when I do they're fairly mundane. I expect I have had plenty, but right now only one comes to mind.

Just before the release of the 3DS, I had a recurring nightmare that the console released and I couldn't see the 3D when I used it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams   Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 16:59

Drunkalilly wrote:
I don't often remember my dreams, and when I do they're fairly mundane. I expect I have had plenty, but right now only one comes to mind.

Just before the release of the 3DS, I had a recurring nightmare that the console released and I couldn't see the 3D when I used it.

I was actually worried about that too though I didn't dream about it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams   Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 17:08

Most of my dreams tend to have elements of what I'm playing at the time in them. I've spent whole nights running away from stuff whilst watching my Dark Souls Stamina bar go down, horrible!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams   Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams Empty

Back to top Go down

Gamey Dreamy Dream Game Dreams
Page 1 of 1