We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.

Go down 
+9
Athrun888
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
NintenDUCK
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. Empty
PostSubject: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptySun 24 Jul 2016 - 13:45

Games of August 2016

10th
No Man's Sky PS4, PC

15th

Super Meatboy PS4

19th

F1 2016 PS4, ONE, PC
Tropico 5 - Complete Collection PS4

23rd

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PS4, ONE, PC

25th
Attack on Titan: Wings of Freedom PS4, ONE, VITA
Madden NFL 17 PS4, ONE, PS3, 360

26th
Assetto Corsa PS4, ONE
Forestry 2017 - The Simulation PS4, ONE, PC
Joes Diner PS4, ONE
Pineview Drive PS4, ONE
Space Hulk PS4
The King of Fighters XIV PS4
Worlds of Magic Planar Conquest PS4, ONE
Worms W.M.D All Stars PS4, ONE

30th
God Eater 2: Rage Burst (Includes God Eater Resurrection) PS4, VITA
World of Warcraft: Legion PC, Mac

My Thoughts
August is the sort the first month to pick things back up from the summer time. Myself looking at what I will be getting from the month, with in my packet it's just No Man's Sky unless it's delayed again as you may have seen in the news about patents being used without permission.

Later in the month Deus Ex is very likely as I did like the last one, AoT looks like it might be good but will wait for reviews on that one, KOFXIV I was excited for but after playing the demo I'm not impressed by it, we round the month with God Eater which I've heard great things about and is a MonHan style game but with JRPG elements that I'm very tempted but the package is both games and I'm just not sure if I'll play both or what ones other people will be playing as will they go straight to 2 as it's the one on the disc.

We move on from games to

Best of the Rest (Subject to name change)

1st
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 4K UHD Blu Ray, 3D Blu Ray, Blu Ray, DVD (may not contain extend cut)
Hardcore Henry Blu Ray, DVD

2nd
ABZÛ PSN, PC
Batman: A Telltale Game Series Episode 1 PSN, XBL, PC
BATTLESHIP PSN, XBL
Livelock PSN, XBL
Risk Urban Assault PSN, XBL
Xbox One S 2TB

3rd
Overcooked PSN, XBL, PC

5th
Suicide Squad Cinema

8th
Batman: The Killing Joke Blu Ray, DVD

9th

BRUT@L PSN

12th
Pete’s Dragon Cinema
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back OST Vinyl
Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi OST Vinyl

16th

2064: Read Only Memories PSN
Bound PSN
Grow Up PSN, XBL, PC

17th
Inversus PSN, PC

18th
Tales of Berseria (JPN) PS4, PS3

19th
Brave Enough - Lindsey Stirling CD, Vinyl

22nd
The Jungle Book 3D Blu Ray, Blu Ray, DVD

23rd
Alone With You PSN

29th
Ratchet and Clank Blu Ray, DVD

30th

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X PSN, (USA) PS4, VITA
Resident Evil 4 PSN, XBL, Physical (USA) PS4, ONE
The Turing Test XBL, PC
Verdun PSN, XBL

This is the first month to feature BotR which was brought in due to lack of Nintendo games for the Nintendo guys on the site and the last few months have been a bit barren, even I've not bought anything.

Now if you have ideas to improve this let me know but at the moment it will be films I think most of us will like be it on a disc or in a cinema, books which we may also like, same with music and any other forms of entertainment medium. Books & Music are harder to narrow down to dates the I am doing them slightly different on how I find things compared to games and films.

Comic Books, I would like to put in but trying to find what's coming when is a pain and of course it's a long running thing but if I spot something like the complete collection of Civil War II it will be listed, no TV shows as of yet but may include things like The Walking Dead when it starts, so sorry Drunka about no Transformers: Combiner Wars listed (see I included it anyway, if you read this).

Anime stuff on disc etc will be included but as I've seen it's a lot of stuff I've never heard off or it's season's like the first season of Punch Line which is out this month but I'm not sure about starting putting season stuff in be it anime or TV shows but if you want it let me know.

The big thing is digital games as you see along with some imports, the digital games are hard to pinpoint especially for the eShop's but I will do my best to find it all and some of these may just say XBL or PSN but may show up elsewhere but I can't find that as of now. Other gaming stuff like toys, consoles will also be listed going forward.

My Thoughts
What I'm getting / seeing BvS Ultimate Edition which I'm hearing good things about, Hardcore Henry I sort of want to see but in no real rush to do so.

A lot of downloads I'm looking forward to ABZÛ from some guys that made Journey, so this is must for me.  Batman: A Telltale Game Series, its Batman & Telltale what else do I need to say really about it.

Suicide Squad from the trailers will have to be watched almost as soon as it's out, Kill Joke I know is a fantastic graphic novel and the DC animation stuff has always been top notch that I want to give a watch but I'm seeing some controversial about it due to Batgirl.

Moving on has anyone played Read Only Memories on PC? as I got a feeling it's meant to be pretty good, the same day is Bound which I really like the look of and it's VR compatible as well.

I'll most likely get Lindsey Stirling new album on Vinyl which features a song from Pete's Dragon, talking about Disney Jungle Book is a film like Hardcore Henry, I want to see but no rush to see and same goes for Ratchet & Clank.

The month ends with like the 88th version of Resident Evil 4 AKA that last great core Resident Evil, which I may get but as you even if physical games are lacking a lot of digital to make up for it, Miku is a curiosity as it may be VR ready.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptySun 24 Jul 2016 - 17:41

Not going to get myself a game or two, I can tell you that much - well, no new boxed releases, anyway. What I am getting comes from the BotR category and is Dawn of Justice. I heard that there'll be a Director's Cut, which makes it even longer! Applause And hopefully a bit more coherent...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptySun 24 Jul 2016 - 18:10

Yeah sure does but I'm not sure the DVD version has that version of the film as it's not the Ultimate Edition of the Film which from I can see has the this extended cut on, which seems to be 4K UHD, 3D and Blu Ray along with digital versions.

Hopefully you can watch it via those or there is a DVD version with it on, if that's the way you watch your films.

Not going to see Pete's Dragon or Suicide Squad, Zero?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptySun 24 Jul 2016 - 18:18

One of "the Nintendo guys" isn't even interested in films, sadly. Appreciate the gesture though Mas. Nothing for me this week.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptySun 24 Jul 2016 - 18:23

Balladeer wrote:
One of "the Nintendo guys" isn't even interested in films, sadly.  Appreciate the gesture though Mas.  Nothing for me this week.

No films what so ever? Also this is why I've added in things like books, okay none this month but last month would have Harry Potter in it and same goes for music but as these are rather broad and looking, both have so much come out for them, it will be narrowed right down to big things like Harry Potter.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptySun 24 Jul 2016 - 19:41

Neither Pete's Dragon nor Suicide Squad look like the kind of films I'd go to the cinema for, to be honest. I'm sure I'll see some films in August, mind...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptySun 24 Jul 2016 - 20:57

Not no films whatsoever, no. But I do find it hard to get excited for films apart from Ghibli ones; even then I'll forget to see them half the time, because it's too much like effort to find somebody else to go watch 'em with as I'm single.

Television and film is possibly the most passive form of entertainment. In games you're directly influencing progress; in books you're doing a lot of mental work to build the word described through words into sights, sounds, smells. Even when I listen to music, if I'm doing nothing else I either dance (read: wobble about) slightly as I listen, or come up with film scenarios for the music to describe. I'm usually doing something else when I watch TV, like eating my dinner.

I want to be able to interact with mu entertainment. You can't really at the cinema. I find it overly expensive, a pain to organise, and often quite dull.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptySun 24 Jul 2016 - 22:29

It's No Man's Sky for me and that's all. It releases on Steam on the 12th but I'm not sure if that's just steam or every PC-based games service. I'm really looking forward to it more for academic purposes than anything else (honest, I am) I want to see just how effective procedural generation on this scale is in practice, and I have high hopes for it. I've read a lot about this game and still have lots of questions, hopefully playing the game will answer them to an extent.
Obviously I'm interested in the game play too, but it's kind of taken a back seat - usurped by the vast emptiness of space.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptySun 24 Jul 2016 - 22:58

The gf is getting NMS and I'm well up for Deus Ex after the brillaint Human Revolution.

I'll be seeing Suicide Squad for sure, might check out Pete's Dragon if it's any good (I've not seen the original, so don't know anything about it). I'll also need to check out Killing Joke at some point, but not going to buy it as I don't buy DVDs.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016 - 1:43

I'd like No Man's Sky if it turns out to be as good as they're claiming but with me being away for the first 2 weeks of August I won't be taking the plunge any time soon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016 - 12:23

Batmanny month for me! I'm sure I'll end up buying BvS despite myself and I'll be all over the Telltale Game and Suicide Squad.

Plus: ATTACK ON TITAN. YASSSSSS.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016 - 16:16

Quite interested in seeing Suicide Squad & on the video game side probably just the WWI shooter Verdun as I've seen videos on this for PC a while back & I quite like bolt action rifles in games.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016 - 20:47

I'll be eating some gods come the end of the month, but that'll be it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016 - 20:53

Balladeer wrote:

I want to be able to interact with mu entertainment.  You can't really at the cinema.  I find it overly expensive, a pain to organise, and often quite dull.

Sure is, sorting out Suicide Squad will be a right to a pain to sort out but is a reason I now just rent films on PSN which I guess what Andy means about doesn't buy DVD's.

Hopefully this extend cut makes BvS at least good Mr Drunka.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016 - 21:57

I don't think an extended cut will undo the fundamental mistakes the film made which prevented it from doing the one thing it promised.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016 - 22:07

I don't know as I've seen some who gave him stick on socail media apologise and say stuff like, I can see this was your vision etc

I'm not going in thinking it's now going to be the best superhero movie ever but maybe better than some even from marvel.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016 - 22:59

I'm with Balla in that I really not fussed about the cinema; have never seen the point, having had access to films on TV / video, and video games. If I'm watching a film on TV (and that's a hard ask as I don't have the patience) at least I don't have to sit with 100 other random dipshits.

So games - maybe Mr. Nomansky if people say it lives up to the hype. And maybe Abzu. I'm too tired/lazy to find the right accent character, but it looks mega-pretty.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016 - 23:48

Man, a pretty busy month for me - I'll likely take a look at No Man's Sky and I've got Grow Up preordered, which I'm very excited for. Grow Home was a lovely little game and surprised me a lot. I'm on the fence about Telltale's Batman game, namely because I'm not as certain about Telltale's games as I was once. Sure, I bloody loved The Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Borderlands, but then I really didn't enjoy my time with Game of Thrones and regret buying the season pass for that. I'll see how Bats reviews first, I reckon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptyTue 26 Jul 2016 - 1:38

I'll probably get No man's sky if yeah it's not delayed again, I'll probably go see Suicide squad at the cinemas and that's about it. (Already have Bats Vs Supes extended but can't bring myself to watch it again). And I'll get Dragonball Fusions and maybe (do mean maybe) get Metroid fed force at the end of the month
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptyTue 26 Jul 2016 - 6:24

Jimbob wrote:
I'm with Balla in that I really not fussed about the cinema; have never seen the point, having had access to films on TV / video, and video games. If I'm watching a film on TV (and that's a hard ask as I don't have the patience) at least I don't have to sit with 100 other random dipshits.

See, I'm the opposite: at home I can't resist the temptation to go on my phone or 3DS for a bit. Being at the cinema forces me to concentrate purely on the film. The only advantage of being at home - for me - is that you can pause the film to go and do something else.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptyTue 26 Jul 2016 - 6:34

Zero hits the nail on the head for me, I am awful at actually sitting down and just watching something so the cinema helps me in that regard. Plus with the Cineworld Unlimited card we're not losing out by going on days without any offers on.

Yeah, I'll stream or rent something, I don't watch films twice (except the Marvel films, which I do intend to actually buy at some point), so I have no reason to own a copy.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptyTue 26 Jul 2016 - 8:33

If I get distracted when I'm at home, the TV series/film isn't good enough to warrant seeing in the cinema.

If I see something in the cinema and I'm forced to concentrate on it and it doesn't merit it, it's a life-crushingly dull experience.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptyTue 26 Jul 2016 - 14:35

The only things worth going to the cinema for are action movies like Star Wars (that star destroyer shot that opened episode 7 was so intimidating!) and other epics that take advantage of the big screen, dark everything else, and surround sound. Everything else ain't worth the time or money, especially now we're in an era that the average good drama serial has the same sort of production values as older drama movies only with the benefit of having far more meat to their bones due to having longer and more detailed plotlines and characters.

/My utterly unwanted 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptyTue 26 Jul 2016 - 16:15

Athrun888 wrote:

/My utterly unwanted 2 cents.

Far from it as that's one of the reasons for the extension of what's coming for more chat.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. EmptyTue 26 Jul 2016 - 20:42

I like the cinema, but I'm a big lover of film. It's pricey though, so I can't go often. I might invest in an Odeon Unlimited card, actually.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.   We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two. Empty

Back to top Go down

We're all going on a...Summer Holiday Gonna get myself a... game or two.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next