We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)

Go down 
+8
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Jimbob
ZeroJones
masofdas
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Balladeer
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2016 - 21:28

The same horse's in Rio Olympics. Yeah it's a great package but will can play all the sports part from baseball right now on a current Nintendo system.

I am more likely to get this then Rio Olympics as these are sports I want to play but this adds to what Balla said about the 3DS in the direct thread about it feels like a system possibly with not much life left in it.

By taking the best bits from other sports games and putting in one.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2016 - 21:35

What's Will got to do with it? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2016 - 22:09

More interested in this than any previous Olympics game. There's a sweet spot for 'number of sports' and I feel Wii Sports hit (Resort overdid things). It could well be great, and I do get the 'seen it before' issue with some of the sports... but isn't that what makes it great (potentially)? If each sport has enough complexity/is fun enough, that'll be right up my street.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Sep 2016 - 22:53

You're technically right about all your points Mas, but y'know, don't be a negative nancy. It looks like a fun package, the sports will probably individually have had more care than if they were in a big olympics collection and they'll suit on-the-go play.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptySat 3 Sep 2016 - 11:31

An arcade football game that might actually be good, will have online multiplayer, and you can play it on the go? Sold.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptySat 3 Sep 2016 - 18:29

One thing this has over the M&S Olympics (not that M&S...) games is that this package gets rid of Sonic's duff mates. So, instant buy. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptySat 3 Sep 2016 - 19:24

Drunkalilly wrote:
You're technically right about all your points Mas, but y'know, don't be a negative nancy. It looks like a fun package, the sports will probably individually have had more care than if they were in a big olympics collection and they'll suit on-the-go play.

Just like just the Tennis game on Wii U Winky Face

I'm not trying to be a negative nancy but I do like to cover all the points be it negative for this game and maybe a positive for something else and hopefully get some chat out of it, which we have.

Sonic does have some duff mates like why is Charmy Bee in the rio game why (because you need the same amount of characters, mas)?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 17:30

In the post-Switch reveal world we now find ourselves, I had a thought about this game. Is it Nintendo putting together all its 3DS sports games in development into one package to wrap them up so the dev teams can start work on Switch games instead?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 19:04

The 3DS has a large install base and makes sense to keep them happy in till Switch comes then they can make switch to that.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Oct 2016 - 10:48

I haven't seen any news on this for a bit. I guess there is that other big Nintendo thing going on at the moment. Still excited though!

STEALING ZERO'S DIGRESSION BIT: After the Paralympics, I reckon they should add wheelchair basketball as a 6th game. As long as Diddy Kong doesn't have a special move where he cartwheels up the post in a distasteful way.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 10:35

I'm up for this too. I'll pick it up if all the sports are fully rounded, and not "lite" versions.

Having skipped a decade of Mario Tennis games Camelot had better be given the time and budget to nail this iteration otherwise I'll pass on this too.

Namco seems to be doing the other sports that aren't Tennis or Golf, so I guess they'll be competent at worst, and likely to feel uninspired if Wii Sports Club is any example to draw from...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Jan 2017 - 18:09

We've got a date for this March 10th, well this do well in March Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Jan 2017 - 19:16

I'm on the fence about that release date. On the one hand, 3DS owners who aren't intending to Switch up (still not tired of these gags - the day may come) should still get games to buy. I'll be getting it, myself, day one. On the other hand, the Nintendo Switch is coming out the week before. I know we knew that but I seem to be going through a phase of emphasising things with italics. Winky Face

Er... if it's good, I'll let y'all know. Cool
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Jan 2017 - 20:04

The other question is how many 3DS owners own one of the other two as they have some big hitters coming as well, I know Nintendo shouldn't focus on them but we seen this past holiday season games not doing well as everything was bunched up on top of each other.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Mar 2017 - 20:46

Ooooft. A NintendoLife 5 out of 10 is like a 3 out of 10 on most other sites. Will still buy, though. Grin
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Mar 2017 - 22:06

Predictably disappointing/disappointly predictable. It all sounded so ticky-box in the previews, and I'm not far removed from playing Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (which itself is as workaday a game as I've played). I'd been thinking about punting Super Bomberman R in exchange for this...but am I better off just keeping Bomberman, I wonder...?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Mar 2017 - 22:16

For a chap who's said '"absolute gash" is a bit forgiving' about Super Bomberman R, that's a touch worrying! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Mar 2017 - 22:16

If this was a Switch game, or the Switch was coming a little later, I'd be all over it. As is, I can tell it's not gonna have a lengthy multiplayer tail.
Sorry Mario, Drunka is on another console.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Mar 2017 - 8:28

Yup, the 5/10's what killed this for me - than and that I've put my 3DS elsewhere, and am not currently sure where 'elsewhere' is. Maybe a bargain purchase down the line...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Mar 2017 - 7:31

After going to the cinema with mates, I decided to try my hand at the football on this. Early impressions suggest that it's poor. The tutorial teaches you to dribble, pass, shoot and do your supershot - nothing about defending, corners, the goalie's controls, etc. It turns out that you don't need to know that stuff, though, because 90% of opposition goal kicks go straight to you, the AI of opposition and teammate alike allow you to get the ball almost whenever you want, and the goalkeepers can be beaten with worrying ease. I won my first cup game 16-1... and I was tired. Or maybe I was falling asleep playing this boring load of old bum.

The eternal optimist, I'm hoping for better from the game's other sports - because honestly, the nearly-ten-years-old Mario Strikers Charged plays a better and more challenging game of foot-the-ball. No
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Mar 2017 - 21:28

Hopefully the difficulty will creep up, but that's not good to hear.

Off the back of that, I'd be well game for another Mario Strikers down the line. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Mar 2017 - 22:15

JayMoyles wrote:
Off the back of that, I'd be well game for another Mario Strikers down the line. Thumbs Up!

FOR DAYS.
Although that suffered from the opposite problem, as the single player was rock bloody hard.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Mar 2017 - 23:23

It did get harder in the later cups but that just served to emphasise the game's shortcomings. In other news, I can't even get past the baseball tutorial. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)   Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Sports Superstars (Don't Eq-Whine About the Direct)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2