We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift

Go down 
+16
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Katie Hopkins
shanks
gjones
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
Jimbob
masofdas
Muss
NintenDUCK
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Buskalilly
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Sep 2016 - 16:41

Resisting urge to joke about hiding from you in there...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Sep 2016 - 16:27

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 Cr6vrfqXgAENK6r
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Sep 2016 - 23:30

God save Matthew Castle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Sep 2016 - 11:41

^^

So...
Should... should I...

What?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Sep 2016 - 21:18

Good saga or maybe cattle
Long out noble cake
Good the castle
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Sep 2016 - 14:52

Free airport wi-fi is fun! Missed meeting up with The Drunka but had good times nonetheless. Cool
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Sep 2016 - 23:05

Drunkalilly wrote:
Good saga or  maybe cattle
Long out noble cake
Good the  castle
Balla doesn't like Haikus, Luke.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Sep 2016 - 23:58

I don't like Amsterdam.

Well, that's a lie. I like the green living, the people, the architecture. . . Getting a good look at Europe at its best just reminds me how crap Britain is.

I don't like the creepy, desperate, misogynistic atmosphere of the tourist-trap red light district, or the horrible attitude it brings out in people

Not that into drugs either
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 6:54

At least it's better than prostitution being illegal and driven underground, right? (I'm not sure if the same applies to drugs, frankly I seem to inhale enough cannabis just walking around London.)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 6:56

Never smoked more passively in my life... No
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 11:53

Balladeer wrote:
At least it's better than prostitution being illegal and driven underground, right?  (I'm not sure if the same applies to drugs, frankly I seem to inhale enough cannabis just walking around London.)

I didn't mind the drugs, though one night was plenty.
Prostitution is such a weird issue that I'm very ill-equipped to discuss, but I think while it is probably better this way and the women who take it and make a living from it are empowered, it only exists as a result of much bigger cultural issues. Also, none of my friends would do ay of this stuff illegally in the UK, but suddenly it was all go over there.

In particular, a couple of the lads lost their virginity over there. There was lots of talk of them "becoming men", which I'm not a fan of. Even if you subscribe to all that masculinity stuff, surely it doesn't count if you pay?

Anyway, I felt very out of touch, uncomfortable, weird and like I'm kinda losing touch with that friendship group. I really do need to leave the village...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 12:30

I don't think I agree that prostitution wouldn't exist otherwise (it is the oldest profession): what you might find is more prostitutes of both genders servicing both genders in a more empowered manner.

Definitely don't like the whole 'becoming men' rubbish though, that's fairly revolting. I won't comment on 'all that masculinity stuff' because I'm supremely ill-equipped to.

As for the drugs, I will say that while I'm wavering on legalisation, primarily because my tower block already stinks of it, Amsterdam is much more weed-smelly than London. And I was not a fan.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 23:21

'Becoming men' is an extremely worrying way to phrase losing your virginity. Seems there's still an apparent cultural cachet attached to being a 'playa' or what have you and it's so rotten, unhealthy.

On a tangential note, I rarely feel particularly empowered doing my job. My empowerment comes through my friendships and relationships, I would say.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2016 - 9:43

Mine comes from holding my magic sword aloft and saying the words:

"By the power of Grayskull . . . I HAAAAVVVVEE THE POWERRRRRR!"
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2016 - 8:38

Found a dead baby sparrow outside my back door a while ago, s***'s f***ing depressing. The way its head flopped lifelessly as I scooped it up with the advert bundle, the eyes scrunched shut. A day that had all the hallmarks of a great day is now officially depressing as hell.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2016 - 11:09

I walked past a dead pigeon on the way home yesterday, and found a dead ladybird in my room a moment ago. It is distressing. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2016 - 16:37

WELL GRIM:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2016 - 20:24

Still I'll say this, I'll take finding a dead body or two over that time when I was fourteen.  

I take your grimness and raise you by seven (genuinely grim warning):

And that's enough of reliving that ever so lovely part of my life!  Suffice to say as much as it breaks my heart to find a dead baby sparrow, well, at least it's dead.  There are worse things that can happen than mere death.  Much worse things. . .
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2016 - 16:36

Ugh why is all mainstream music SO BAD?  Every time I go to the grovcery store I'm subjected to the so-called music.  

I mean come on, why is the subject matter always "love" (aka lust), sing about something more interesting than lame one night stands and bad party choices pls.  And why are the males so tuneless?  Today they had on some stupid song with a bad male artist so lame I felt like going to the kitchen utensil isle, grabbing a knife, and jamming it in the ears*.  

*Only a slight exaggeration.

I really need to get a pair of cans with a reasonable cable length.  I genuinely wasn't even able to remember the stuff I needed to pick up because the music kept drawing my mind back to it and its terribleness.  I don't ask for much, just music that doesn't make me yearn for this.

Moral of the story: it doesn't matter who you are, whether you be a normal person having a backyard party every friday evening or a shop, don't subject people to your dire taste in music. I wouldn't even with my high opinion of my music choices, all I ask is to not be subjected to ear and brain r*** every time I go shopping.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2016 - 17:25

Music in shops should either be really subtle or non-existent. I'm here for lettuce, not a rave.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2016 - 17:52

I think mainstream music is non-offensive to most people, so I think you're in the minority there Athrun, maybe it's a little generic, but it doesn't have unpleasant sounds, such as screaming at least.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2016 - 18:28

What's even worse is being in a coffee shop for 3 hours for a writing group and being subjected to Best Of Costa.

I'd go for classical myself. I mean, of course I would - but it's meant to calm people down and be genuinely a good influence. Easy classical, not the manic swells of someone like Bax.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2016 - 19:11

Athrun888 wrote:
Ugh why is all mainstream music SO BAD?  Every time I go to the grovcery store I'm subjected to the so-called music.  

I mean come on, why is the subject matter always "love" (aka lust), sing about something more interesting than lame one night stands and bad party choices pls.  And why are the males so tuneless?  Today they had on some stupid song with a bad male artist so lame I felt like going to the kitchen utensil isle, grabbing a knife, and jamming it in the ears*.  

*Only a slight exaggeration.

I really need to get a pair of cans with a reasonable cable length.  I genuinely wasn't even able to remember the stuff I needed to pick up because the music kept drawing my mind back to it and its terribleness.  I don't ask for much, just music that doesn't make me yearn for this.

Moral of the story: it doesn't matter who you are, whether you be a normal person having a backyard party every friday evening or a shop, don't subject people to your dire taste in music.  I wouldn't even with my high opinion of my music choices, all I ask is to not be subjected to ear and brain r*** every time I go shopping.  

Yeah Mainstream is pretty harmless. If I went in to a shop and they were playing Death Metal or European Hard Trance, I'd be reacting like that. But something like Fifth Harmony or Olly Murs? Most folk can tolerate that, or even enjoy it! If it was Fetty Wap or some other trash rapper, I get where you're coming from regarding tuneless.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2016 - 19:20

I've developed the skill of tuning out music in shops, unless it's really loud. At that point, I develop my walking-out-of-shops skills even further. To be honest, though, I'm not often in shops that play music any more. Sleep
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2016 - 21:21

Can't stand club anthem pish, but most mainstream music is harmless, and sometimes actually decent. I depressingly found myself humming the Biebs' track "Sorry" all too often when that was on radio a while back, and I've been whistling Coldplay's latest effort too lately.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift
Page 2 of 37Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next