We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If...

Go down 
+10
The_Jaster
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
Athrun888
masofdas
OrangeRakoon
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
ZeroJones
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptySun 25 Mar 2018 - 16:36

I was thinking Rayman Legends and Pokken Tournament, although the latter did pop up in the One Year Of Switch vote. Anyway, we go again.

IF you were in charge of Nintendo’s involvement in films, which franchise would you make sure came to the big screen next? Not Mario, natch - that’s already happening. Cool
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptySun 25 Mar 2018 - 16:42

Everybody always seems to say Metroid, it might be because I'm not a fan of the series but would it have enough story to carry a film. As I've seen great short films on the series.

On a film, I would like would be Zelda and let someone like Peter Jackson loose.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018 - 0:57

F-Zero
The Fast and the Furious x Star Wars. It would make literally all the money.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018 - 13:16

I don't think Metroid would be that great either. Maybe for an artsy almost-silent film. Otherwise they'd no doubt balls up Samus' character royally, like the last time an entertainment medium made her talk.

I think Star Fox would be excellently suited to the Big Screen. Similarly, Sin & Punishment might make a top anime action film. But my choice goes to Hotel Dusk, for a quiet claustrophobic-feeling detective thriller.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018 - 13:31

HD would be great but only if it were made by a Japanese director, or otherwise one with the right ability to mix a whimsical, funny tone with a darker overall plot. Maybe Guillermo Del Toro or Peter Jackson.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018 - 14:21

I've seen folk suggest that Gwendoline Christie could play Samus which is a great shout BUT as much as I don't want to agree I think you's are right about Metroid not working as a film. (I feel much the same about Zelda too) Balla is onto something with Hotel Dusk so for similar reason I'm going to say Ghost Trick. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptyTue 27 Mar 2018 - 21:50

I know this isn't very helpful, but... none. I'd say stop trying to make games into films. (Sorry, this is a debate for another day...)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptyWed 28 Mar 2018 - 10:19

I dunno Jim, I think that's a debate it's fine to have here! I do think such films tend to be pure fan fodder in most places, but I don't see anything wrong with that per se.

The_Jaster wrote:
...so for similar reason I'm going to say Ghost Trick. Thumbs Up!

Potentially a good shout, but who would you cast to play Inspector Cabanela? Because if he's mis-cast, I riot.

Yes I can riot on my own. Look: shush.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptySat 31 Mar 2018 - 21:17

I can’t shake the idea that Pikmin could make for a good film. Anyway!

IF you could wake up tomorrow with one of the games in your backlog completed and you had the experience and memories of finishing it without actually having to do it, which one would it be?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptySat 31 Mar 2018 - 22:02

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker as it's the only core MGS I've not beaten and it's rather hard to go back to now on a PSP with only one stick. It is something that got an HD remaster with dual analog stick controls and is backwards compatible that it may get beaten at some point when I pick up the collection fro 360.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptySun 1 Apr 2018 - 8:11

I don't really have an answer for this. I enjoy playing games, so I'm glad to have these games sat in my future waiting to entertain me. If I have to say anything, it'd be the latter three Ace Attorneys, in so much as when I've played them I'll be able to join the conversation, listen to podcasts and so on.

ZeroJones wrote:
I can’t shake the idea that Pikmin could make for a good film.

I had an idea, I guess it was back when Dawn of the War for the Rise of the Planet of the Apes came out, to make a fan film about the human race going extinct and the Pikmin being left behind, probably ending with a shot of Olimar's ship coming in to land. Alas, I never had the budget, talent or work ethic.

masofdas wrote:
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker as it's the only core MGS I've not beaten

Definitely get it played when you get a chance! Deserves to be a numbered MGS, compeltely essential for bridging the gap between 3 and 5.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptySun 1 Apr 2018 - 9:11

It was going to be a numbered MGS before Konami stepped in and said no because it's not on a console.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptySun 1 Apr 2018 - 22:04

ZeroJones wrote:

IF you could wake up tomorrow with one of the games in your backlog completed and you had the experience and memories of finishing it without actually having to do it, which one would it be?

That's a toughie. It'd have to be an adventure game or something where the gameplay takes a backseat to the storytelling. I guess something like Heavy Rain would be a good fit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 10:19

Star Fox Zero. I think there's probably a good game underneath those controls, but I'll never know. No
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 15:11

Does Jay only get the memories of one playthrough or multiple?

Had a thought on Peace Walker as I bring up the controls and lack of a second stock but I've played Goldeneye in the last couple of years and found that to be fine with one stick, nostalgia is a funny thing.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 16:42

masofdas wrote:
Does Jay only get the memories of one playthrough or multiple?

Just the one, but he can select which one. Cool You can’t grab the best ending of a game you’ve already completed, though. Thumbs Up! Finally for this post, mine would be Little King’s Story. It has the most incredible production values, I’m not very good at it and it’s going to be a heck of a long time before it’s the next thing in my backlog.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Apr 2018 - 12:22

Pokémon HeartGold on the DS, for sure. It's an outstanding game, but too beastly for me these days at well over a hundred hours. Great at the time though, when I stupidly bought it two months before the end of my honours year at university. If I failed that course, Game Freak were getting the blame.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Apr 2018 - 14:07

Easy, Horizon Zero Dawn. So I can say I got my money's worth without actually having to play it any further. Or Valkyrie Profile Lenneth, because I'd love to know what happens due to how much I love its sequel/prequel VP2, but I'm well aware I don't have the patience to finish it nowadays.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 15:07

Time to go back in time, to a time when it was a simpler time. Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads. Cool People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a nonlinear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff. Et cetera.

This one needs a bit of an intro, for once. *breaks kayfabe* So I was thinking the other day that anyone who produced fully functional new NES/SNES/N64 etc. controllers these days might make a quiet killing. So...

IF you could produce and sell new controllers for one retro machine, which would it be?

DISCLAIMER ALERT: For the purposes of this question, define retro as a machine before the last generation of home consoles. So... the Wii and before. Thumbs Up! Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. Your mileage may vary.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 15:16

Strange question as all the major retro systems have companies making controllers for them, that I'm thinking more on the lines of that new N64 controller going around which looks great, that I'd maybe copy that but for the Dreamcast, only thing I'm trying to think how many games would use two sticks.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 16:10

Gamecube. There's still a huge demand for controllers from competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee players. Due to the amount of actions taken in any one match by a SSBM player, their controllers take a lot of abuse and wear down quicker than an average player using a Gamecube controller. Furthermore, seemingly certain models of the Gamecube controllers can pull off advanced techniques easier than other - I think it's down to how they're manufactured - so the upper echelon of players are always searching for "good" controllers to use.

If I could perfectly reproduce these "good" controllers and sell them to the SSBM community, I'd make a killing. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 18:11

But why would I want to do that when the Dualshock 4 already exists, and is so sleek, so smooth to the touch, and so utterly delicious and ravishing that I could happily play any and every game on it?

Seriously though I'd ditto on the Gamecube controller, but not for the Smash players (if anything I kinda look forward to when their elitism bites them in the backside and they lose access to their precious controllers), simply because it's a darn nice controller to hold and use. Probably just behind the dualoshock 4 for me.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 21:18

This is a purely financial question, right? If so, Jay's probably nailed it. Otherwise SNES controllers, but making them compatible with the SNES (and NES) Mini.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 21:49

I think the N64, simply because all 3rd party controllers I ever had decided to do their own thing after about 3 uses.

I'd also like to turn the question on its side and make today's ergonomic controllers available for all of the pre-Nintendo 8-bit computers, instead of the horrible giant-joystick-with-2-buttons-on-the-front we had to put up with.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 22:27

Whilst I remember those joysticks fondly, it could well be rose-tinted retro glasses. I certainly remember the D-pad being a revelation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

If... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If...   If... - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

If...
Page 17 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: General Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: