We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forum suggestions

Go down 
+28
Buskalilly
Luigi442wii
Cube
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
awesomedude
fronkhead
Axis1500
nupkin
Slazo
JayMoyles
NintenDUCK
Silver light
shanks
Gwyn400
Treesmurf
Tokyo_Sonata
Xelviar
mandlecreed
Admin
Jimbob
beemoh
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Dusty Knackers
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
Fancy Fancy
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Forum suggestions - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 7:42

Nope. Meh I did get something funny with it loading on my mobile, but nothing else. Is it still happening this morning?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 11:00

Sort of. Like, I have to click my bookmarked link for the forum a few times before it loads, or a post won't submit and I'm left on a white screen occasionally.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 11:14

Sorry to hear that. Aww! I don't know if there's anything I can suggest, short of making sure to select and copy all of your posts before you hit "send". Not happening on any other sites, I presume?

Anyone else got this?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 11:46

All is fine on that front. I just keep getting topics marked as read that I clearly haven't, but I should imagine that's just forumotion.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 11:51

Yup. Nothing we can do about those. We've tried. Mad 
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptyTue 20 Aug 2013 - 15:05

I am having some issues with the timestamps on the most recent posts on the main menu on the mobile side of things. Posts made between 11pm and midnight yesterday are classed as 23:00 today.

It's obviously not huge.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 15:29

Balladeer wrote:
Sorry to hear that. Aww! I don't know if there's anything I can suggest, short of making sure to select and copy all of your posts before you hit "send".  Not happening on any other sites, I presume?  

Anyone else got this?
Wait, now I'm in on this. Jay, which browser are you using? I'm on Chrome now: never had any problems with Firefox...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 20:30

Chrome too here! It's not a huge issue, so I'm not going to switch browsers just for the sake of that.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 21:01

andyman949 wrote:
All is fine on that front. I just keep getting topics marked as read that I clearly haven't, but I should imagine that's just forumotion.
This happens to me all the time, and I've found it seems to automatically happen when you log out. Unfortunately, I've seen no option to fix it... which is odd, because it was never a problem on NGamer Forum, which used the same software.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 21:21

I don't even log out though! It just decides I've read things!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptyWed 21 Aug 2013 - 23:00

Maybe you have read them, but you suffer from a rare form of amnesia that only applies to Nintendo-based forums.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2013 - 9:27

The plot thickens!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2013 - 17:40

Ahem!

beemoh wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
Anyone else having the issue where unread posts end up being marked as read? This usually happens after I exit a topic.
Quirk of this kind of forum software- it considers everything after a certain point of inactivity 'read'.

What I do is open all the threads I want to read in background tabs in one go.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2013 - 17:44

I know that but it isn't normally after letting it sit there. I read things pretty quickly once I'm on, it's like it never shows up.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptySun 1 Sep 2013 - 20:53

Just received this hilarious error message: "Sorry, but only can reply to posts in this forum."

Is Borat the tech admin for Forumotion or something? Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptySun 1 Sep 2013 - 21:09

Nope, I got nothing. The only Google hit is from 2004. Meh 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptySun 1 Sep 2013 - 22:08

I think it's because I tried to quote a post which was deleted within the time of me seeing and pressing quote - so it's a non-issue really. Just a humorous error message is all!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 16:00

Right, suggestion. Since the Golden Joysticks is obviously a load of tosh, and we're much more intelligent and informed than your average voter who only voted to get a free beta code for some game off CVG that they probably won't even play, what would people say to a sort of Golden Joystick-y annual thing on the forum? Voting for best Wii U game of the year (possibly not this year because of ZJ's thread), best 3DS game, best Sony-console game, best new gaming thingumibob, etc. These are areas which the annual forum awards generally don't cover, so would anyone be keen on an "Annual GNamer Games Awards" thing?

Or should these things be voting categories in the annual forum awards thread? They could make up for certain categories from former awards that are no longer appropriate - best staff member, for example, or most missed member (seems weird to miss people who haven't even been on the forum). Or do we have enough voting on the forum already, and I'm just complicating matters?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 16:28

I did suggest we did do game of the year in the end of year vote, but do think we could expand on it like you said have Wii U but not this due to the 1st birthday as what ever wins that you would think would win best Wii U game of 2013 unless ZombiU some how wins best Wii U game.

As like you said when I was sent a link to last years vote seen there ctoriges like best staff member, best article which are no longer going to be used. But how many categories do you do hence why I only said game of the year as you could have best music game on android etc and just be to much.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 17:44

I'd say:
Best Wii U game (not this year);
Best 3DS game;
Best Sony console game;
Best MS console game;
Best PC game;
Best 'phone game;
Best gaming news site;
Maybe best "gaming physical object" - so new consoles would obviously count, but also things like Oculus Rift, or the Vitality Sensor (2014, folks. You read it here first);
Most anticipated game of next year.

That may be too many though. I think the top four and the last one would be the integral ones, and the others not so much. Open to ideas!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 17:45

Honestly? I think we should enjoy Zero Jones' and Stu_The_Great's upcoming threads, and leave it at that. That's what I'll be doing anyway.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 18:17

Balla is saying should those things be included in stu's end of year thread.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 20:04

Balladeer wrote:

That may be too many though.  I think the top four and the last one would be the integral ones, and the others not so much.  Open to ideas!
I'd be wanting best PC game included for selfish reasons as I play on my PC more than anything, but apart from that, it's a solid idea to have this incorporated into our big end of year vote thread to replace the defunct categories.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 21:10

It's a good idea for the future, I reckon. If, as is suggested, it's incorporated into Stu's GNamer's First Year Vote, that could work.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 22:30

Personally I don't think they'd need their own vote but I'd be happy to have some in the end of year thread if Stu wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum suggestions
Page 7 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next