We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?

Go down 
+21
Axis1500
Buskalilly
masofdas
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Rum
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
spacemanDOUG
Athrun888
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
shanks
mandlecreed
JayMoyles
ShadoWolf
ShaftVonShafterton
Admin
Silver light
Balladeer
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? Empty
PostSubject: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 11:45

Another NGamer revival. I couldn't find the original NGamer Music Thread so I'm starting over. What are you listening to today? Off to see any concerts soon? Looking forward to anything in particular?

~

Today's the day! I'm off to see Dropkick Murphys and Teenage Bottlerocket at the Barrowlands tonight - two of my favourite bands of the last five years, can't wait!

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 20:55

Problem with this is a lack of linking ability. I'll come back to this thread in a week!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 21:53

Balladeer wrote:
Problem with this is a lack of linking ability. I'll come back to this thread in a week!

Yep, so much for an YT linking or anything yet. But eh, i'll bite anyway.

Right now, listening to "Desperate Strike" - Half-Minute Hero. Aka the boss fight theme. So short of course, but so, so good.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013 - 22:41

I'm rather consumed with The Kinks at the moment, and I have been since about August last year. I am determined to hear all of their studio albums, which totals a whopping twenty-four releases spanning four decades.

So far, I've given each of these a thorough playing:

The Kinks: The Ultimate Collection
The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society
The Kink Kontroversy
Something Else By The Kinks
Face To Face
State Of Confusion
Low Budget
Word Of Mouth
Muswell Hillbillies.

My eighteen-year-old self wouldn't believe how much my musical tastes would be set to expand over the last five years or so.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ShaftVonShafterton
Magikarp

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptyThu 17 Jan 2013 - 23:53

Giving Beethoven's 7th Symphony (2nd Movement) a lot of play lately, in addition to the following: One Track Lover (from Garth Marenghi's Darkplace), the end-credits version of A Kind Of Magic, I'm A Man Of Constant Sorrow from O Brother Where Art Thou, Richard Fortus' take on the James Bond Theme and A-ha's theme for The Living Daylights.

And of course, I'm engaging in near-constant playing of the Highlander Soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolf
Chuffster
ShadoWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013 - 0:34

Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptyFri 18 Jan 2013 - 16:04

"Vacant Interference" - Ys Seven. Because Falcom make some of the best game musics <3
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 21:05

Well, this sure died quickly. Ah well, right now, this:

Reincarnation version of "I'll Face Myself -Battle-" - Persona 4. Quickly became one of my all-time favourite battle themes (yes, despite that intro, it's battle music) after playing P4G.

(I wonder if i'll actually post any "normal" music in here at all >_>)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 21:09

Silver light wrote:

Reincarnation version of "I'll Face Myself -Battle-" - Persona 4. Quickly became one of my all-time favourite battle themes (yes, despite that intro, it's battle music) after playing P4G.

Speaking of P4 music, this actually made it to my iPod recently.

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 21:13

Continuing my Kinksathon â„¢, I'm listening to Arthur (Or the Decline and Fall of the British Empire). Widely regarded as one of their best albums.
The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? Tumblr_m5n5l3fTGi1qzshapo1_1339734435_cover

Featuring Shangri-La, which is a rather beautiful piece of work:
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 21:21

JayMoyles wrote:
Silver light wrote:

Speaking of P4 music, this actually made it to my iPod recently.

I noticed it was dungeon music, then realised which one. I'm disappointed Sad I was going to post Memories, but i think i already spoiled enough of Golden's new music xD

So, i'm just going to put this here instead

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 21:24

Silver light wrote:
I noticed it was dungeon music, then realised which one. I'm disappointed Sad I was going to post Memories, but i think i already spoiled enough of Golden's new music xD

Disappointed, how come? And is Memories the winter track from P4G?
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 21:26

JayMoyles wrote:
Silver light wrote:

Na, the winter track is Snowflakes. Memories is the dungeon music for the new dungeon, and it's so good. And the few YT vids it has are SPOILERS EVERYWHERE. So yeah. Also, for note, Reincarn IFM-B- is also in as a battle theme.

And disappointed because tbh i don't think Heaven is very good xD
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 21:28

Silver light wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
Silver light wrote:

Na, the winter track is Snowflakes. Memories is the dungeon music for the new dungeon, and it's so good. And the few YT vids it has are SPOILERS EVERYWHERE. So, yeah.

Ah, Snowflakes, that's it. I was a big fan of that one too, because I'm fairly sure it's by the same artist as Heaven. I think I'm such a fan of the Heaven track because it came out of nowhere, considering the last few dungeons had really active sounding themes, and then this peaceful little track comes along. Smile
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 21:34

JayMoyles wrote:
Silver light wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
Silver light wrote:

Na, the winter track is Snowflakes. Memories is the dungeon music for the new dungeon, and it's so good. And the few YT vids it has are SPOILERS EVERYWHERE. So, yeah.

Ah, Snowflakes, that's it. I was a big fan of that one too, because I'm fairly sure it's by the same artist as Heaven. I think I'm such a fan of the Heaven track because it came out of nowhere, considering the last few dungeons had really active sounding themes, and then this peaceful little track comes along. Smile

I dunno, it just doesn't fit with me. Also, while i can understand the choice of song given stuff, i don't rate it as dungeon music either.

Meanwhile, "Battle" - Persona 2: Innocent Sin.

Back to top Go down
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 22:03

Being a fan of ye olde Trance music, my mini-disc deck is currently pumping out the following tune :

Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mandlecreed02
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 22:18

More game music? More game music. "Fierce Fight" - Riviera: The Promised Land

I really wish YT hadn't taken down all the best quality versions of this.... -_-
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 23:58

Been listening to this whole album non-stop recently. It's a rock opera based on Megaman, a prequel telling how Dr. Wily became an evil bastard, and it's better than any musical I've ever heard. Here's the first track from the album, the husky-voiced guy is Dr. Light, the other chap is Dr. Wily.

Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 1:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2L_WSu3tDQ
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 5:18

Listening to the my recent purchase of Deltron 3030, not your usual hip hop & its all the better for it.

Favourite track is Madness

Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptyTue 22 Jan 2013 - 11:35

Got this on loop this morning

"Reach Out to the Truth ~In Midnight Arena~" - Persona 4 Arena

ATLUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ;_;
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptySat 2 Feb 2013 - 20:43

I will listen to this all the times. All of them.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptySun 3 Feb 2013 - 12:30

It's a remix of an old Style Council song that somebody stuck on YouTube years ago. I prefer it to the brilliant original - high praise!
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptySun 3 Feb 2013 - 12:49

Guitar version remix of Ys Origin's "Genesis Beyond The Beginning". Shiz sounds so epic.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? EmptyThu 7 Feb 2013 - 17:44

Hell yeah for bumping this again

Remix of "Fatalize" (Tales of Symphonia) named "Strike of the Devil's Axes". Been listening to a few Symphonia remixes lately, actually some quite good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?   The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Music Thread: What Are You Currently Listening To?
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next