We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo's Half-Ass Reimbursement of Fan....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Linkyshinks
Ejected into the Lava
Linkyshinks

Nintendo's Half-Ass Reimbursement of Fan.... Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo's Half-Ass Reimbursement of Fan....   Nintendo's Half-Ass Reimbursement of Fan.... EmptySat 9 Feb 2013 - 7:02

Nintendo are so lame, the very system and how they go about attempting to remedy things...

http://kotaku.com/5982965/nintendo-fan-is-unhappy-with-nintendos-200-answer-to-his-400-wii-u-problem

What happens if your Wii U is stolen and you provide a police report, are you also liable to miss out heavily on what you legally own?. It looks that way.

A good article which has numerous valid criticisms...

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/08/nintendo-digital-content-problem-wii-u-ecosystem/

I own 122 VC games, I'm keeping them on my Wii. I see no incentive what so ever in bringing them over to a sluggish system, which then attempts to fleece me further by touting the ability to use a basic core feature of the console.

Not happy with everything VC related.

Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo's Half-Ass Reimbursement of Fan....   Nintendo's Half-Ass Reimbursement of Fan.... EmptySat 9 Feb 2013 - 16:22

Two very good articles, thanks for the read! While I have not yet obtained a WiiU, I was planning on shifting some VC games over when I eventually purchase it.

With the first article, the lad in question should of really held on to his console. However the problem would never of raised if Nintendo had some kind of cloud storage for VC and eShops.

Cant see it being so much of a problem for me though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo's Half-Ass Reimbursement of Fan....   Nintendo's Half-Ass Reimbursement of Fan.... EmptySat 9 Feb 2013 - 17:32

That's the problem with digital gaming - you never really own the game, so if something were to happen to your console or through some bizarre server error you lose that game, then you may not be able to get it back.

I've seen people lose their Steam accounts with hundreds of pounds worth of games attached to it, and have not received compensation of any sort. It's part of the peril that comes with digital gaming.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo's Half-Ass Reimbursement of Fan....   Nintendo's Half-Ass Reimbursement of Fan.... EmptySat 9 Feb 2013 - 19:05

Not owning your own content is what I dislike most about future threats of 'going download-only'. It's just that it's all the more obvious that your stuff isn't actually yours on a Nintendo console.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo's Half-Ass Reimbursement of Fan....   Nintendo's Half-Ass Reimbursement of Fan.... EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 16:02

Disappointing, and hardly the right reimbursement for what is years' worth of save data too. Probably wouldn't have been as bad had Nintendo included all Wii download content in the Wii U eShop (like they did with DSiWare and 3DS's eShop), but they didn't, further emphasising what's wrong with Nintendo's content/DRM strategy.

This needs fixing ASAP, as Nintendo really need to look in the long term rather than a short term five year life cycle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo's Half-Ass Reimbursement of Fan....   Nintendo's Half-Ass Reimbursement of Fan.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo's Half-Ass Reimbursement of Fan....
Page 1 of 1