We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)

Go down 
+10
Jimbob
masofdas
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
OrangeRakoon
gjones
ZeroJones
Balladeer
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) Empty
PostSubject: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptyFri 30 Sep 2016 - 10:06

This thread is about your favourite animals in videogames (following on from this).  When I can be bothered to remember, I'll change the animal type.

We've done:

Let's start with dogs.  What are your favourite gaming dogs?

Beautiful Pokédog:
Stupid but cute:
I still have this somewhere:

Last edited by Balladeer on Sun 15 Jul 2018 - 11:59; edited 25 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptyFri 30 Sep 2016 - 12:28

Balla, you've gone new thread crazy! Shocked

Top Dog:

Top Pokédog:
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptyFri 30 Sep 2016 - 13:27

3. Chain Chomp (Super Mario 64):

2. Dog Enemy (Resident Evil 4):

1. Snoop Dogg (Def Jam: Fight For New York):
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptyFri 30 Sep 2016 - 14:57

I thought he was a lion these days? Tongue If Wrong Chomp counts then its chained-up sibling definitely does.

Zero, good shout on both of those - Missile is adorable. Reckon Stoutland's impressive 'tache shades its younger version though.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptyFri 30 Sep 2016 - 15:05

Here are my top 3:

Bow-Wow, Link's Awakening

The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) 270?cb=20090802181921
This is official art. Seriously.

Is there any better canine companion than Bow-Wow in Link's Awakening? After rescuing him from an evil gang of dognapping moblins, Bow-Wow accompanies Link through Goponga Swamp, allowing him to reach the second dungeon in the game, Bottle Grotto. Bow-Wow is also a super handy companion to have in a fight, capable of eating any enemy in a single bite - even ones that Link himself can't touch! Link's journey would never have been complete were it not for this lovable chain chomp, so here is to you Bow-Wow!

The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) Photograph06

Shadow, Dead to Rights

The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) Latest?cb=20120318055417
Woof

Aw, what a cute malamute! He's so fluffy! What does the game's wiki say about this cutey pie?
Quote :
Shadow can do silent kills from behind, turning the enemy around and ripping out their throats or biting them in the throat, or if you wanna run in and be brave you cant charge in and use his signature kill the scrotality in which he bites a male enemy in the testicles yanks, yanks again, and rips them off then finishes them off with tearing up there throat.
...oh.

Shadow is one mean fighting machine, but he's also the most faithful companion you could wish for. He alone elevates the Dead to Rights games into games worth playing!

Pomeranian, Tokyo Jungle

The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) 150?cb=20130925082940
Only the cutest survive post-apocalytic Tokyo

If you haven't played Tokyo Jungle, you really should. One of the PS3's best and most unique games, it gives you the challenge of surviving post-apocalyptic Tokyo with successive generations of your animal family of choice. The story mode (yes there is a story mode, yes it is good, yes it involves time travel and robot dogs) prominently features a pomeranian, effectively the poster child of the game. If this little guy isn't cut out to survive, who is?

The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) Latest?cb=20151112015920

Honourable mentions: DD (MGSV), Dogmeat (Fallout), Red (Solatorobo)
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptyFri 30 Sep 2016 - 16:38

@ZeroJones - There really is none better than Missile, best dog ever for the best DS game ever!

@gJones - Those dogs in Resi are no doubt inspired by the infected dogs in The Thing, great pick.

---

Duck Hunt dog

Spoiler:

Sure, he's annoying when he laughs at you for missing but he is still one of the most memorable dogs in all of video games.

D-dog from MGSV

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Not only the best partner you get in MGSV but probably the most useful dog in any game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptyFri 30 Sep 2016 - 18:22

Can't argue with Zero and Balla on Missile. What an absolute hero.

D-Dog was amazing in MGSV as well.

But for my money, the goodest dog in games is the one that has been my phone lock screen for years now:

The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) DarkSoulsSIf

Sif, The Great Grey Wolf

A boss from Dark Souls, Sif was the companion of Artorias the Abysswalker, who took the dangerous journey into the Abyss and left the ring that will let you follow him at his grave. A grave guarded eternally by Sif.

The sad look he gives you, the fact that neither of you wants to fight but you both believe you must, and the heartbreaking limp at the end all served to make this one of the most memorable boss fights in the game. Plus, Sif is actually the best non-humanoid fight in the series! (Mostly because, despite being an animal, it duels you like a knight anyway.)

Tragic, beautiful, dignified but sad, and everything I love about Dark Souls.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptySat 1 Oct 2016 - 12:39

The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) Sony-playstation-parappa-the-rapper

It's not even up for debate! Parappa the Rapper is the best dog in computer game history. The PSone game popularised the music and rhythm genre in gaming and it's tunes are legendary, but the Parappa character is iconic too.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptySat 1 Oct 2016 - 17:50

I remember when Parappa originally came out, and I spent ages poring over an issue of CVG trying to work out if he was a dog. I was younger then, of course, but the game confused Young Me greatly by throwing an onion into the character mix.

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Shadow, Dead to Rights

The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) Latest?cb=20120318055417
Woof

This one made me laugh. Laughing 2edgy4me. And pomeranians are always great in gaming, it would seem.

Duck Hunt Dog redeemed himself big-time in SSB4. Before then, he could get stuffed. And I've never even played DH!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptySat 1 Oct 2016 - 19:20

A lot of good doggies there, but I'm going to jump in with Dogmeat from Fallout 3.

The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) Davis_and_dogmeat__wastlanding_by_davis__237834

In a game where big beasties like horrifically mutated scorpions and ants are out for blood, it's nice to actually come across a friendly animal companion in the Capital Wasteland. He's great at drawing aggro on aforementioned beasties allowing you to take them down from a safe(r) distance, and he's surprisingly hardy. What's even better - if, god forbid, Dogmeat dies, one of the DLCs added in a perk that'll have one of Dogmeat's puppy descendants roll on up and help you again. I didn't like a lot of the companions in Fallout 3, but I loved Dogmeat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptySat 1 Oct 2016 - 20:41

Some great ones here, I thought of one but is more of a wolf / sun goddess that I give you

The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) 414150-repede

He's smoking a pipe Star
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptySun 2 Oct 2016 - 11:07

Aw, you all beat me to Missile! He's the best.

Therefore, Tao from Chibi-Robo!
The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) Latest?cb=20130625160106
What a loveable upbeat guy this is. And his "voice" is surprisingly entertaining.

Token bonus: this fella from Silent Hill 2
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptyMon 3 Oct 2016 - 0:45

The theme associated with your spoiler-boxed mutt has been in my head all evening now. Laughing

Arf-arf-arf arf-arf-arf arf-arf-arf-arf.....
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptyMon 3 Oct 2016 - 23:25

The Best dog? Dog from half life 2 may not have been a real dog, but I loved him all the same. We played fetch and slaughtered turkeyheads together, a strong bond indeed.
The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) 4d954aa64f4e02eb35e3811389ef85b0
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptyTue 4 Oct 2016 - 15:00

Mas' dog is great - dat pipe.

So now, a variation on a theme: foxes!  I know what you're thinking, but there's much more to the gaming fox than that: kitsune are massive in Japan.  

So we get things like this:

And this:

And this! *struggles to find SFW picture*:

Give me your fave gaming foxes!  (Also any other wolves and wild dogs for those who stuck to domestic canines last time I guess.)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptyTue 4 Oct 2016 - 15:10

Kind of cheating with this one a little bit but it's design is influenced by a fox spirit in Japanese mythology.

Mizutsune from Monster Hunter Generations:
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptyTue 4 Oct 2016 - 19:06

Struggling a bit here. Nonetheless:

Flying!:

Old!:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptyTue 4 Oct 2016 - 20:18

Drunka gets it
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptyTue 4 Oct 2016 - 23:37

Beat me to it! Laughing

Three posts in and nobody's posted this fella yet though?

The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) Latest?cb=20160424094221

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptyTue 4 Oct 2016 - 23:40

Well, Jas, Mas and Jay have beaten me to all the ones I can think of.

I wonder if the fox from Fox and the Hound is in any Disney games . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 6:12

There's also this goon

The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) Latest?cb=20150518002705

...but I didn't want to go for the obvious ones. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 6:53

Niche, Zero, niche.  (You can take this as a genuine comment about Suburban Fox, or yet another zinger directed at the Sonic games - either/or. Winky Face )

Jay... less so. Laughing No Progfox sir?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 12:16

I'd genuinely forgotten about Progfox! And that's surprising, considering I've been wiped a couple of times by its ultimate attack.

Here's another JRPG fox - the mysterious fox from Persona 4.

The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) 6-P4-00017

You can form an everlasting bond with this fox that's necessary to save the world from damnation, so he's a pretty important fox.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 13:23

masofdas wrote:
Drunka gets it
Spoiler:

Gray Fox?!

(This was my choice too)
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) EmptyWed 5 Oct 2016 - 13:25

On Jay's topic, here's another JRPG fox:

The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) Latest?cb=20140314151325

From Zero-favourite FFatFHoL and the Bravely games, the adventurer and their fox.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)   The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Gaming Zoo (Beat All Comers)
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next