We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)

Go down 
+13
fronkhead
Treesmurf
shanks
JayMoyles
NintenDUCK
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
gjones
OrangeRakoon
masofdas
Balladeer
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 20:05

True, SMO would be a hint more magical. But I'm expecting both to be bloody amazing.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 20:25

I seen someone joke that this was Yoshi in 4K. Laughing

Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 NintendoSwitch_SuperMarioOdyssey_scrn04_E3
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 20:29

That stick-on moustache! Laughing God it looks wonderful.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 20:30

Aye it's so good that it does that for everything you take control of. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 20:31

I'd have loved the dinosaur if it didn't feel like Nintendo deliberately trolling me about not getting a Monster Hunter.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 20:32

Also:
The_Jaster wrote:
I seen someone joke that this was Yoshi in 4K. Laughing
Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 Super-mario-bros-yoshi-samantha-mathis
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 20:33

Drunkalilly wrote:
I'd have loved the dinosaur if it didn't feel like Nintendo deliberately trolling me about not getting a Monster Hunter.

It got me like that too but I also thought it was a new Jurassic Park game. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 20:35

Did you know there's no actual evidence the dilaphosaurus had a frill like in Jurassic Park, the filmmakers added that to look cool.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 22:18

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
This actually looks better than Sonic Mania and Yooka-Laylee. Love

Hahahahahahahahahaha. ha. Yooka-Laylee.

Definitely my highlight of the Spotlight. That trailer constantly surprised me, but it looks familar enough for me to know how it'll play. Prediction: this will be better than Zelda. Actually, bollocks to it, new prediction: this'll piss all over Breath of the Wild from an almighty height.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Jun 2017 - 22:55

I've always preferred Zelda to Mario, but Cappa might be on to something here. This looks ace! Brimming with character and will no doubt play a treat. Grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 10:30

If anyone is going to top Zelda as GOTY (for most people) it is going to be Nintendo themselves.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 13:24

The "Zelda or Mario" one is a weird one for me. I love them both in very different ways. With Zelda, I love the world and characters and the sense of heroism and adventure. The music makes me so emotional, and by the end of each game I'm massively invested in saving everyone. Mario, on the other hand, I just enjoy. The feel of movement, the constant bombardment of inventiveness, the jolly tunes . . .

The thing is, they both do both of those things to a 10/10 level. I love playing a Zelda, and the sense of humour in those games, and I love Mario, Peach and Rosalina. I'd probably get just as teary-eyed at a Super Mario Galaxy conference as I did at the Symphony of the Goddesses. I think it's all just psychological. In the space between Galaxy 2 and Odyssey, or even since 3D world, we've not been short of Mario Karts, sports, parties, spin-offs, RPGs, cameos, 2D games and so on. Between Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild, we had a masterpiece in Link Between Worlds and one experimental multiplayer titles and that was it.

Nintendo have deliberately maintained the specialness and mystique of Zelda, while Mario is pimped out as a mascot much more. When you sit down to play them a true 3D Mario and a true 3D Zelda are so utterly at the pique of gaming, debating which is better feels a little meaningless. I'd argue Zelda is better on the initial playthrough, but Mario's playfulness gives it more legs.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 16:09

Mario throwing his hat? That's not a Mario game.

Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 55d77983c56c9
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 16:21

Drunkalilly wrote:
The "Zelda or Mario" one is a weird one for me. I love them both in very different ways. With Zelda, I love the world and characters and the sense of heroism and adventure. The music makes me so emotional, and by the end of each game I'm massively invested in saving everyone. Mario, on the other hand, I just enjoy. The feel of movement, the constant bombardment of inventiveness, the jolly tunes . . .

The thing is, they both do both of those things to a 10/10 level. I love playing a Zelda, and the sense of humour in those games, and I love Mario, Peach and Rosalina. I'd probably get just as teary-eyed at a Super Mario Galaxy conference as I did at the Symphony of the Goddesses. I think it's all just psychological. In the space between Galaxy 2 and Odyssey, or even since 3D world, we've not been short of Mario Karts, sports, parties, spin-offs, RPGs, cameos, 2D games and so on. Between Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild, we had a masterpiece in Link Between Worlds and one experimental multiplayer titles and that was it.

Nintendo have deliberately maintained the specialness and mystique of Zelda, while Mario is pimped out as a mascot much more. When you sit down to play them a true 3D Mario and a true 3D Zelda are so utterly at the pique of gaming, debating which is better feels a little meaningless. I'd argue Zelda is better on the initial playthrough, but Mario's playfulness gives it more legs.

Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 Highlander.jpg
GOTY
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 17:28

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 19:15

I think this one will have the nostalgia points for me, being what looks like the SM64 formula dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century (with a bit of Banjo-Kazooie thrown in).  But BotW was completely unlike anything I'd played before and so will likely edge it.

One thing it does look like they'll have in common, incidentally: fighting basically the same boss(es) ad nauseam.  A minor quibble, but still a quibble.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 19:56

I mean, SM64 was in the same boat and all... Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 19:58

Bowser gets a pass. The world bosses were all different, apart from the Bullies maybe.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 20:00

Sunshine had you fight Blooper and Petey Piranha umpteen times too - all I'm saying is that recurring boss fights aren't anything new for Mario.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 20:05

That was a quibble with SMS too. Razz
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 20:08

IN FACT, to take this even deeper...

Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 Super_mario_bros_nes_classic_03
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 21:44

So bits of this game are basically hybrids of Super Mario Land and Super Mario 64.

I'm sorry, BotW. I think you might have been overtaken.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptySat 16 Sep 2017 - 9:45

Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 3f5

Taking a moment to appreciate how creepy Cappy actually is.

I presume we're all buying this launch day apart from Drunka? Submitted my pre-order yesterday. Grin
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptySat 16 Sep 2017 - 11:32

My pre-order is in the bag, literally. Cool Cappy looks like a Boo with a hat pulled over his face, to be honest...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 EmptySat 16 Sep 2017 - 13:16

Secret plot twist: Cappy was bad all along corrupting Mario's soul by giving him the ability of "transforming" into enemies/objects.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)
Page 6 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next