We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)

Go down 
+13
fronkhead
Treesmurf
shanks
JayMoyles
NintenDUCK
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
gjones
OrangeRakoon
masofdas
Balladeer
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptyThu 4 Jan 2018 - 9:56

Drunkalilly wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Easy just view them like DVDs / Blu Rays / UHDs and play the ones you want regardless of system. never actually play anything.

Close, if you ask EofGizmo it's nothing longer then about 2hrs that I play. I think he's still shocked I beat Persona 5 due to it being 95hrs long and groans when I also say I beat BotW.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptyThu 4 Jan 2018 - 10:27

To actually answer Balla's original point, I don't know how to be multiplatform. I've barely touched my XBox since the Switch came out, and I'm only keeping it around for Monster Hunter World. It was a little easier in the Wii U days when there weren't as many games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptyThu 4 Jan 2018 - 11:29

I think it speaks more about you as gamer as I you don't strike me as someone to go out and get the new COD or Assassins Creed plus I don't know how many people you know play Xbox online for something like a Overwatch or PUBG to be worth getting, which I think might leave little to play anyway.

I'm sort of similar as you look back at what I played in 2017, sure I don't play games in the same way as you Drunka but most of my games I have, have been Nintendo or PlayStation exclusives or indies not the big multi-format titles.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptyThu 4 Jan 2018 - 17:40

Drunkalilly wrote:
To actually answer Balla's original point, I don't know how to be multiplatform. I've barely touched my XBox since the Switch came out, and I'm only keeping it around for Monster Hunter World. It was a little easier in the Wii U days when there weren't as many games.

Yup, I had so many games on ps4 just sitting on my shelf unplayed because I was way more into what the Switch is offering (still am) so I just traded a few in & they even helped me get SMO cheaper as well.

My ps4 is essentially my multiplayerRainbow 6 Siege & PES machine now.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptySat 6 Jan 2018 - 19:53

My PS4 has a light film of dust over it right now - I think I played an hour or so of Tekken 7 when I got that on Christmas Day. It really depends on what my main game is at that particular moment in time and right now it's Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. Having multiple systems just means I have a bigger backlog. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptySat 6 Jan 2018 - 22:10

Tekken 7, so we are getting into that then or is it just you and Andy hasn't bothered getting it?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptySun 7 Jan 2018 - 15:36

JayMoyles wrote:
My PS4 has a light film of dust over it right now - I think I played an hour or so of Tekken 7 when I got that on Christmas Day. It really depends on what my main game is at that particular moment in time and right now it's Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. Having multiple systems just means I have a bigger backlog. Laughing

As a neat and tidy person, having much of a backlog is not something I like. Nor are dusty consoles. Duster Mode: Engage! Anyway, good to know I'm not the only one who has trouble.

SMO really is a belter though isn't it? Where you at, Drunka (and Jimbob)?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptySun 7 Jan 2018 - 20:22

Earlier today my 8-year-old nephew showed me how to pick up a new Moon in New Donk City. I'm going to have to nab that one at home now! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptyMon 8 Jan 2018 - 2:01

Balladeer wrote:
Where you at, Drunka (and Jimbob)?

-_- obssessively playing the bloody skipping game.
That said, I got the moon called "Bench friends" in New Donk today. Lovely.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptyMon 8 Jan 2018 - 5:35

Drunka
Drunka no
Come back to us
Please Drunka

Yep that's a really sweet moment. Smile

ZeroJones wrote:
Earlier today my 8-year-old nephew showed me how to pick up a new Moon in New Donk City. I'm going to have to nab that one at home now! Winky Face

It's almost like the large number of Moons makes that more likely! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptyTue 9 Jan 2018 - 11:32

Wow, have you seen PART OF GAME?
  • Yes, it was wonderful wasn't it, what a great game.
  • No, I haven't, please don't spoil it for me.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptyTue 9 Jan 2018 - 21:43

Balladeer wrote:
SMO really is a belter though isn't it?  Where you at, Drunka (and Jimbob)?

I've been skimming this post as I'm still avoiding spoliers - but: I've gone through, and then back through more thoroughly, the first three kingdoms. I say more thoroughly, as I've not got half the moons anywhere! Off to the Lake kingdom next. The first couple of times I played it, I panicked a bit as I wasn't sure I was enjoying it (a combination of "uhoh motion controls" panic, a still not 100% left joy-con, and the unexplained medical condition involving both tingling in hands and painful legs for prolonged sitting down). But now I've got into it properly, I spend all my time going "oh wow!", as everything's a surprise - after 30 years of Mario games...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2018 - 19:36

Sounds like you were on the verge of 'Mas on Galaxy' syndrome there Jimmers! Afraid Glad you got over it, and are enjoying the rate at which the game surprises you.

Drunkalilly wrote:
Wow, have you seen PART OF GAME?
  • Yes, it was wonderful wasn't it, what a great game.
  • No, I haven't, please don't spoil it for me.

I'm... not sure if this is genuine criticism of our SMO conversations, or criticism of criticism of our SMO conversations, or just Drunka being silly... but Andy seems to think like this anyway, so I'll take the bait regardless. Sharing great moments is, to me, as fun as anything else in gaming. And more fun than most of the talk about gaming found around the place (lootboxes/the horrors of triple-A/a Nintendo Direct that hasn't been announced will definitely happen tomorrow etc.).

Anyway, Bench Friends was a rare 'really sweet' moment. Even in Mario, you don't get so many of those: plenty of 'WOWS' and 'Did they really do thats?' and 'WA-HEYS!', not so many 'awws'.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2018 - 20:28

Drunkalilly wrote:

No, I haven't, please don't spoil it for me.

I think this criticism can be overcome with spoiler boxing your chat appropriately and like Balla said, it can be fun to gush about your favourite bits in a game. Not everything has to be the deep dive into the design of a level or whatnot - it can be fun to share our experiences of the brilliant bits in a game, even if that experience is nigh-identical to somebody else's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptyThu 11 Jan 2018 - 2:41

Mostly just me being silly - see my post about completing the game for some gushing - but also an explanation for why there maybe hasn't been as much chat as certain parties hoped.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptyThu 11 Jan 2018 - 6:28

I suppose chat can become formulaic for games based on set-pieces. The point you make about use of spoiler tags is as important as ever, though. Thumbs Up!

On a personal note, I'd got myself a bit worked up about that comment, so thank you for clarifying, sir! Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptyThu 11 Jan 2018 - 20:02

So everybody else's response when they discover a cool thing in a game isn't to go 'I wish there was somewhere I could go to jabber about this with people who'll understand like teenage girls over their favourite popstar'? Aww!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptyThu 11 Jan 2018 - 20:12

Depends on the game for me and it's tough to go in depth on something like a platformer, I also get put off somewhat when threads are full of spoiler tags (these are obviously appreciated) as I know I'd have to at least finish a game before I can join in on the conversation but by then the moment is usually gone.

With all that said it's not like SMO hasn't had a decent amount of chat & I'm sure we'll be dipping in and out of this thread for a good while yet. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptyThu 11 Jan 2018 - 20:21

Well quite. Anyone going to play 'Find The Balloon'? Poor Luigi, demoted to a Tingle expy...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptyThu 11 Jan 2018 - 20:24

Balladeer wrote:
Poor Luigi, demoted to a Tingle expy...

Tingle, Tingle! Koopa-Limpah!

I'm sure I'll check it out. We could get a forum league going. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptyThu 11 Jan 2018 - 20:44

Looks like it could be fun but I need to know more about how it works, seen someone I follow on twitter say if you were creating point-to-point time trials it'd be really exciting & I can only agree.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptyFri 12 Jan 2018 - 10:19

Balladeer wrote:
So everybody else's response when they discover a cool thing in a game isn't to go 'I wish there was somewhere I could go to jabber about this with people who'll understand like teenage girls over their favourite popstar'? Aww!

Of course it is - that's why we're here - but as I said in my silly post, there's not really any discussion to be had from gushing posts when the game is so universally great and everyone has played it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptyFri 12 Jan 2018 - 12:31

Clearly the only thing to do is to make it into a 'my favourite moment's better than yours' affair, and have another voting thread! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptyTue 30 Jan 2018 - 21:48

Still working my way through this, but I might have got my mum to play a Mario game for the first time in about 15 years. It was the bit in
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 EmptyTue 30 Jan 2018 - 22:06

SMO claims another! Grin That was a clever bit, wasn't it?

...I've fallen right into the Drunka trap. Meh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next