We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again

Go down 
+7
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again Empty
PostSubject: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 21:48

NOTE: Add in your availability, like last time folks!

Long overdue, this thread. The last meet up was a smashing endeavour and I'd love to see as many of your faces again as possible.

I figured that considering it took us nearly 6 months to arrange the last meet up, we should probably get the show on the road here! Let's start with a location before settling on dates, shall we?

Manchester was discussed a bit last time, and I don't mind travelling a bit further south for Meet Up Dos. Any other locations? in mind? I mean, I'd be well game for Dunfermline... Laughing

Last edited by JayMoyles on Mon 3 Apr 2017 - 16:30; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 22:09

I've wondered a couple of times if I should start this thread but figured it was an admin's honour.

Maybe we should all mark ourselves on a map, so its easier to visualise the middle?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 22:39

I think I worked it out to be something like Manchester in the middle of me furthest south and Glasgow (not if anyone is actually further north then that), would March / April be a good time as the Switch will have come out and we could try the stuff in trailer like with the NBA game shown.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 23:18

April/ May, just because the Switch is gonna cost a hefty bit of dollar then we've all got to get to/ stay at the meet.

Speaking of: Assuming we stay again, do you wanna room with me Jay and I'll book this time? I never paid you back before!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 23:42

I was thinking about having the next meet 'em up at my house (no need for hotels if y'all can bring sleeping bags and that). We'd have to deal with the cats, though, and I would definitely have to check things over with Jo.

No promises!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 0:17

Oooh, that would be cool if it could be arranged! Local knowledge, guaranteed set-up for gaming. Very generous offer!
Obviously, I'd be more than willing to host a shindig here (and I definitely have squeezed greater numbers into this flat) but it isn't the most spacious of accommodations!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 0:20

Drunkalilly wrote:

Speaking of: Assuming we stay again, do you wanna room with me Jay and I'll book this time? I never paid you back before!

Did you not? Welp. Laughing

Yep, that works for me! Although, if the above comes into fruition, it might not need to happen. Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 7:21

Obviously I am up for this! Last time was brill, more of the same would be equally brill.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 14:41

ZeroJones wrote:
I was thinking about having the next meet 'em up at my house (no need for hotels if y'all can bring sleeping bags and that). We'd have to deal with the cats, though, and I would definitely have to check things over with Jo.

No promises!

PARTY AT ZERO'S HOUSE!

*ahem*

As folk have said that is a really nice offer, I'd even forgive you for having cats. Razz
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptySun 23 Oct 2016 - 12:45

I would most likely pay more attention to the cats than everyone else so I apologise in advance.

Very up for this again though, are we thinking after the release of Switch or earlier?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptySun 23 Oct 2016 - 19:11

Either or! January would be tough for me, but February would be decent. I think March will be tough as a lot of folks' disposable income will be going into the Switch, I'd imagine. I personally can't do April, but May would work for me. I'll make a poll.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptySun 23 Oct 2016 - 19:22

A pre-Switch, last hurrah for the Wii U as it were might be fun.
On the other hand, when the Switch comes out I'll want to play it with y'all ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptySun 23 Oct 2016 - 19:25

I've gone for May/June. They're summer(ish) and post-Switch: since people will probably only have the funds/wherewithal to make the one trip, and we've already had a Wii U one, Switching it up seems like a good idea. (July is a writing month for me.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptySun 23 Oct 2016 - 19:31

June will be tough for me as I'm the best man for a wedding right at the start of July, so funds will be diverted to that.

A post-Switch meet up is looking good, and May would be a cracking month for a meetup.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptySun 23 Oct 2016 - 19:37

May might be good for me too - I went for May, June and July (though I maybe shouldn't have picked June Embarrassed ).
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptyMon 24 Oct 2016 - 23:29

As was the case last time, I think Newcastle is about as far as I'd go. By train, getting from Aberdeen to Stoke-on-Trent would take the best part of a day, and that's a bit too much travelling just to be coming along and tanning your arses as Monkey Target. It sounds a quality idea though.

I've never seen any reason why a Scottish meet-up couldn't be organised between the Scotland-based forumites though. Even just a pub crawl would be easily sorted.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptyTue 25 Oct 2016 - 17:37

Voted for April & May, the middle of the latter could be a bit tricky since it's my birthday in that month but I wouldn't completely rule it out.

TCK wrote:
I've never seen any reason why a Scottish meet-up couldn't be organised between the Scotland-based forumites though. Even just a pub crawl would be easily sorted.

As I've suggested before we should all try and get to a Glesgames event, not 100 percent on this but they might be using Drygate again for the next one.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 18:40

I've gone for the same sort of time with May sounding quite good, there are certain days I won't be able to do that month mind but I'd have to confirm those dates.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 21:50

TCK wrote:

As I've suggested before we should all try and get to a Glesgames event, not 100 percent on this but they might be using Drygate again for the next one. [/quote]

It turns out that we've just missed the final one of the year, back a fortnight ago. Ach well. We can hopefully keep an eye out and be prepared for the next one. Drygate's a quality pub and the retro games selection looks mint.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 9:16

If things keep going the way they're going, I'll be up for a Glesgames once I've moved to Scotland to escape the bloody English.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptyMon 31 Oct 2016 - 21:36

The_Jaster wrote:

TCK wrote:

As I've suggested before we should all try and get to a Glesgames event, not 100 percent on this but they might be using Drygate again for the next one.

Would be game for this, of course.

It's looking like May, at this stage folks!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptyWed 2 Nov 2016 - 10:13

gJones brought up in the XXX thread that he's only met me, now I want to a big meet and come to it but as Cappa says even what might be sort of half way is rather to far.

Hence the plans to maybe do a Scotland only meet or people very north, I've said before about a South West meet as Drunka, gJones, Muss (When he's down to see family), OR (I think) and myself are all really close by that we could do something like the Scotland lot.

Especially if gJones with his family ties can't make a long trip to Stoke (I think that's right for Zero) but can get himself to Kongs in Bristol for instance.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptyWed 2 Nov 2016 - 16:45

I'm up for a long distance trip but I'd be up for a smaller meet up as well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptyFri 4 Nov 2016 - 22:07

I'm up for a more local meetup of course, but as Drunka has alluded to the goal is to get as many forumites in the one place as possible. It'd be a real shame to only have smaller meet-ups locally and not get to see the whole gang.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again EmptySat 5 Nov 2016 - 18:13

Yeah I want to do the big one, I was just saying that some may have issues and if we had a weekend free, we could easily do a meet up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again   The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again Empty

Back to top Go down

The GNamer Forum Meetup 2: Let's Meet Up Again
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next