GNamer Restaurant's Dish Of The Day: Pokkentucky Fried Chicken

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (King Boo This Man)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Dry Metal Baby Princess

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (King Boo This Man)   Sat 1 Jul 2017 - 13:24

Thst would be a cracking improvement. I also think that they missed a trick by not bringing the item-swapping mechanic back from Double Dash! on the GameCube. There's no potential for tactics to be involved when you've got two items in Deluxe, whereas that was a core part of the very same gimmick back in 2003. You should be able to hit the L button to switch between your two items, but, no, the L button is just for a big wanker horn for wankers. It's a waste. If they sorted that - as well as the online, which I find very unstable - then I think that this would be nigh on perfect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drunkalilly
Pokémon Master

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (King Boo This Man)   Sat 1 Jul 2017 - 21:57

I've had no issues at all with the online, but I definitely agree that the item changing needed to return. The console is called the Switch.

(unless they're planning a Mario Kart Switch, with Double Dash mechanics to differentiate it from the last couple)
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.gintendo.co.uk
Balladeer
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (King Boo This Man)   Sun 2 Jul 2017 - 19:58

Yes please! I do wonder how they're going to deliver MK9, given that the machine has The Best Mario Kart. Unless they make it something completely different, e.g. just do F-Zero with Mario characters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (King Boo This Man)   Sun 2 Jul 2017 - 22:43

I'm hoping that when Nintendo move their online to a paid model, their first party games will get dedicated servers. Until then, weird things like red shells hitting an opponent, making them go into that hit animation, but not losing any speed as they used a banana on their end, will continue to happen. It's not game breaking and online is still a good time, but it's pretty goofy and sometimes it feels like an invisible item has hit you (although that could be boo stuff?).

I wonder if the lack of a switch mechanic is because it'd be fiddly when playing with a single joy-con.

Also, the F1 style teams would be a great option. The current version is a bit of a mess, and a chaotic co-op battle mode, or standard race, would do the trick online and off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (King Boo This Man)   

Back to top Go down

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (King Boo This Man)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8