We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)

Go down 
+7
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
masofdas
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Balladeer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyTue 31 Jan 2017 - 22:58

Good point actually, Jimminy Jim Jim, I'll pick one up from work some time before launch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyWed 1 Feb 2017 - 0:21

Yeah I really should order one now as well so I have extra money come launch day for more games.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017 - 19:52

Here's Katy Perry at the Wii launch in 2006, just chomping at the bit for a shot of Monster 4X4 World Circuit.

Who do you think Nintendo UK will wheel out for the midnight launch of the Switch? I'm guessing: Adam Johnson.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017 - 20:12

I've never wanted to shag her less.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017 - 20:30

I hear Rufus Hound isn't doing anything right now...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017 - 20:46

In a heel-face turn, Cliffy B.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017 - 22:08

It's funny you're using wrestling terminology there Balla, considering who NoA have roped in for marketing the Switch in the US...

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 Giphy
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 0:50

JayMoyles wrote:
It's funny you're using wrestling terminology there Balla, considering who NoA have roped in for marketing the Switch in the US...

That gif is a belter, I like how the wee girl gets a fright as Cena pops though the paper. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 7:11

Who's he Jay?

Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 10:56

What's your thoughts on screen protectors? I've always found them a tad bit pointless & have never used them for any of my handhelds or my wii U gamepad. Also I know I'd probably mess up trying to apply it to the screen which is another reason I stay clear of using them.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 11:53

I use them but have never managed to apply one without there being bubbles on the surface when I'm done. Aww! I suppose it depends how much the screen is touched, but I can tell you that my iPhone 6 had a very posh one applied that looked lovely but fell off, and it still looks fine nearly a year later. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 15:15

Muss wrote:

EDIT: Also, this has genuinely reminded me to buy a new SD card! It's 128 GB; the first one I got for the Wii was 512MB I think... Shocked

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 File-sizes-revealed-for-7-more-nintendo-switch-games
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 15:24

Pretty sure that was Jimbob that wrote that, not sure the point of your picture either.

Zero wrote:

I use them but have never managed to apply one without there being bubbles on the surface when I'm done. Aww! I suppose it depends how much the screen is touched, but I can tell you that my iPhone 6 had a very posh one applied that looked lovely but fell off, and it still looks fine nearly a year later. Thumbs Up!

I can gladly say that I've never broken or scratched any of my screens which suggest I'm fine without a protector. Also I always imagined having one on a touch screen would make it less sensitive.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 15:30

I just saw it floating about and does seem a SD card might be needed rather promptly knowing some games are that big and the Switch only has like 25GB after OS etc uses the rest up.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 16:11

Yeah an SD card will be needed if you are downloading all your games but if you are buying at retail then you won't.

From a recent videogamer article talking about the same file sizes in your picture. wrote:
It should be noted that retail games which ship on game cards do not require installation so no additional storage would be required.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 16:15

I know that but 25GB will still fill up fast and was showing examples of what some games sizes will be.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 16:20

I'd rather have a small internal storage and easy access to SD cards than pay extra for more storage and muck about with propriety formats. I'm not having a go at yourself Mas, but the fact this is making headlines anywhere is total controversy for the sake of it and it can do one.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 16:21

Aye, I've just been seeing a bit of hysteria over this so I'm pointing out it isn't as much of an issue as it appears to be. I don't imagine many eShop only games going into double digits either.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 16:23

I would like more HDD on board to be honest but I do like the fact it uses SD cards.

GameCube games if they come will be around 1GB each, sure not many games will go into the double figure but can soon see 25GB being used up.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 16:32

Here's an interesting fact about my wii U (also 32GB on board memory) I never owned an external HD - of course this meant more data management or re-downloading a game if I wanted to play it again but not once did that bother me.

Still had plenty digital games to play on there as well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 16:37

It bothered me almost right away that I stuck a 2TB hard drive on it and got like 50 games downloaded which includes Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate which takes a good chunk of the 32GB up right away, on its own.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 17:10

I have a 1TB hard drive attached to my Wii U and I much prefer not having to worry about file sizes. Just my perspective and preference, natch - we're all different, after all.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 19:00

Count me down as someone who thinks it's a bit of a pain to need external storage - but at the same time, someone who expected as much. Is 25GB (or whatever) bad? Good? I dunno. All about the games, man.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 19:59

I'm alright with having an SD card in place. I'd be miffed at the internal storage space if we needed to buy a USB drive to stick on the back. The Wii U was a bit awkward - I forgot it was there sometimes, and am surprised I didn't break it.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6