We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gaming Resolutions

Go down 
+12
The_Jaster
Athrun888
JayMoyles
Muss
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
NintenDUCK
masofdas
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
gjones
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Gaming Resolutions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Resolutions   Gaming Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyFri 26 Jan 2018 - 21:11

Forgot to look back on this post! Embarrassed

I said I'd support third party games in the Switch where possible, and I'm not sure I've done that yet. I'm going to get Skyrim and Batman: The Telltale Series as soon as the calendar ticks over to February; then I'll feel better about that one. The second one I have not managed at all. My time will come on that one. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Resolutions   Gaming Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 13:07

I think you've done a decent job Zero on the 3rd party buying front on Switch.

For me and this year, I still buy too many games as even this month where it was just SotC and Bayo 2 that I wanted (which I did cancel), I just went and used that £70 towards Fire Emblem and used birthday money on Tokyo Mirage Sessions and stuff in the PSN sale etc.

I have still ended up buying too many games this month so far, I'm pretty sure I'm not planning to go anywhere where I will spot any Retro and nothing new I want is coming, that it might be only a sale that tempts me this month.

Now I'm looking at what's coming in March and I've got the £140 Special Editon of Ni No Kuni II, it looks excellent but I was talking to EofGiz ages ago about my Xbox collection during the OG and 360 where I had the helmet of Master Chief, the statue of Noble 6 etc which all just got traded in towards the Wii U / when the Xbox One was shown.

Ni No Kuni II isn't a game I plan to trade in and most games I buy the special edition for and like that, not ones I plan to trade but ones I plan to keep, hence why all my Zelda's are the Special Editions.

I didn't think that with Halo and I did, that buying less games would be the best resolution but games like Ni Nu Kuni II buying the standard edition for £100 less might be the better resolution and that £100, for instance, could go into savings which means I could go Japan this year and not next year for instance.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Resolutions   Gaming Resolutions - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Dec 2020 - 15:21

Can't find a newer version of this thread and double posting

I still buy too many games, it has become less as I don't buy likes of Gears 5 as it's on Game Pass and today saw Blacksad for £10 which I just thought it might come to Game Pass or Epic Store free game for example, so I didn't buy it.

I want to keep it to about 2 physical games a month I'm actually buying (pay month not calendar month) so e.g. Feb be Bravely Default II and Persona 5 Strikers or March Balan and MonHan Rise.

Then coming home from town today and posting about what I didn't buy in terms of retro consoles, I plan not to buy any retro systems as I have systems like my PSP with 50 games or Wii with 37 games that I should play, and I know that there's still more great games on them that I could buy with the money I would use on a Saturn for instance.

Those aren't the only consoles as then there's the PS5 which I now plan to do almost what my original plan was for the Series X wait till a big game e.g. Halo Infinite that I would want it to look its best or about five games the calibre of The Medium. The PS5 already has a few games that I would play, why I bought a PS5 first, now I'm thinking as I've played Miles Morales (would like to platinum it) there are Demons, Sackboy and a few indies such as Bugsnax which I would play at the moment, just I now plan to wait till maybe 10 or so games of a Miles or Demons calibre and not go out in March to get a PS5 just for Returnal, that's not a knock on Returnal, I'm thinking more Horizon 2.

Now I am likely to get another Switch as I’ve said already due to no PS4/5 there are a few Japanese games such as mentioned above Persona 5 Strikers that isn't coming to Xbox but is on Switch and PS4, I'm not going to go out and get a PS4 to play it, I'm going to buy it on a system I already own. Then take into account the likes of MonHan Rise and other console exclusive, the Switch is going to get more use meaning my Lite isn't going to be up to snuff and sort goes back to what I was saying about the Series X with Halo,  I want MonHan Rise to be the best experience it can be.

Really it's

A) Buy fewer games
B) Don't buy another retro console when got ones that I could be playing and collecting for
C) Wait till more games on PS5 only on PlayStation, around 10 games of certain quality currently two Demons and Sackboy
D) Play more Switch in 2021, which should be easy with no PlayStation meaning it's my second system behind the Xbox
E) Also use stuff like my Stadia more which looks to have a good Pro line up in January and has come into its own a bit more of late, where I'm thinking about buying Disco Elysium
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Resolutions   Gaming Resolutions - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Dec 2020 - 16:43

Maybe GJones could change the title to make it a more universal one?

My gaming resolution remains: keep the (single-player) backlog and wishlist low, and enjoy playing video games.  Good luck with yours Mas!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Resolutions   Gaming Resolutions - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Dec 2020 - 18:58

Thanks Balla, my downfall be if I see something like a PC Engine in the wild or Ratchet & Clank comes out in April with a 90+ on Meta/Opencritic then I'll want a PS5 way before it's got a bigger library.

Even though should be plenty to play on Xbox, Switch and others like Stadia that's the systems I should be using.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Resolutions   Gaming Resolutions - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Dec 2020 - 20:22

I've lost the battle of not buying too many games and inflating my backlog. I've just come to terms with never getting through it. The cost isn't too bad these days either, with discounts being better than ever and loads of games being given away for free - or cost a pittance to access through gamepass.

It's nice having a choice between a lot of games and just being able to randomly choose something, but sometimes I do need to recognise that some games will go on sale again at some point so I can wait.

I want to beat the rest of the Fire Emblem games I haven't played yet - FE2, FE3, FE5, Birthright and Revelations.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Resolutions   Gaming Resolutions - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Dec 2020 - 21:58

That's a very Kriken goal! I don't have Gamepass which is a big help for me in keeping the backlog manageable.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Resolutions   Gaming Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Dec 2020 - 17:33

Kriken, I agree that I won't be able to play everything I've purchased or been given.

I'd made a list of all my games on Backloggery, but I've now also made a separate list on a bit of paper to narrow it down further to things I definitely wanted to play. I was writing a morose draft of something for Gintendo on this, but it also co-incided with a Breath of Fire review and that was about a month ago now, so I've forgotten loads.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Resolutions   Gaming Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Dec 2020 - 10:13

I think my Gaming Resolution for 2021 is to keep playing what I've got. I didn't go into 2020 thinking that I was going to complete, say, Battletanx Global Assault on the N64 or Midnight Resistance on the Mega Drive, but diving deeper into my collection has helped me enjoy stuff I probably wouldn't have given a look otherwise. 

In that spirit, the next games I'm planning on finishing are No More Heroes 2 and Ghost Trick - I've had both of these for a decade each yet haven't paid them any attention.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Resolutions   Gaming Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Dec 2020 - 13:59

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Midnight Resistance

dada DADA DUN
dada DADA DUN
dada DADA DUN
dada DADA DUN
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Resolutions   Gaming Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Dec 2020 - 15:24

In that spirit, the next games I'm planning on finishing are No More Heroes 2 and Ghost Trick - I've had both of these for a decade each yet haven't paid them any attention.

Sounds like a belting start to 2021!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Resolutions   Gaming Resolutions - Page 2 EmptySun 3 Jan 2021 - 21:46

I am so envious of Cappa being able to play Ghost Trick brand new.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Resolutions   Gaming Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyTue 4 Jan 2022 - 21:15

masofdas wrote:

Really it's

A) Buy fewer games Don't think I bought fewer games
B) Don't buy another retro console when got ones that I could be playing and collecting for I did buy another PSP but already had PSP stuff and I didn't buy a Saturn or anything like that
C) Wait till more games on PS5 only on PlayStation, around 10 games of certain quality currently two Demons and Sackboy I could say 10 games I got a PS5 for but not really and still even now I only really got a PS5 as had no PS4 then more so then PS5 stuff, still I waited think about 10 months
D) Play more Switch in 2021, which should be easy with no PlayStation meaning it's my second system behind the Xbox I did play more Switch which Nintendo stats say
E) Also use stuff like my Stadia more which looks to have a good Pro line up in January and has come into its own a bit more of late, where I'm thinking about buying Disco Elysium No I didn't use other stuff more

Sort same again:
I'll try to buy less (modern) games
Try not to buy a new retro system as said before only Saturn or PCE I sort a want, and the games are too expensive to justify me buying that Saturn MT Games have for instance

I do think I'll play more Switch this year than last even though I'll only play the exclusives now, but I think we will see more of them
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Resolutions   Gaming Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyTue 4 Jan 2022 - 21:25

Colour me unsurprised that you failed to stick to your buying limits. Winky Face

I want to know if this happened!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Resolutions   Gaming Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyTue 4 Jan 2022 - 21:56

Just too many good games Balla not to buy
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Resolutions   Gaming Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyTue 4 Jan 2022 - 23:02

I don't have any resolutions per se, but I did make a little game completion tracker document so I can keep track of what I've managed to beat in 2022. Just gives me a bit more of a snapshot of time than my Backloggery does.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Resolutions   Gaming Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jan 2022 - 2:06

I think my gaming resolution will just be to be a bit kinder to myself; I keep forcing to finish X game before I start Y, or trying to play things for some challenge or content idea I have, or just ploughing on with games I'm not jiving with. I should just enjoy games as some entertainment and play whatever's fun in the moment.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Resolutions   Gaming Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jan 2022 - 21:48

Ooft yep, that's a good one to break. I got out of that one a while ago, mostly - there's still the odd game I tell myself I 'should play more of', but I'm better at ditching stuff I don't care for much.

My resolution should probably be to play my Switch less during the working day. Shifty But, er, I'd already have broken that.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Resolutions   Gaming Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Jan 2022 - 22:15

Balladeer wrote:

I want to know if this happened!

I finished the copy of No More Heroes 2 that Buskalilly got me for the 2020 Secret Santa. I didn’t get round to Ghost Trick though. I’m sure I ended up playing through Chrono Trigger instead. I’m not sure why I said that I hadn’t paid Ghost Trick any attention, I remember getting quite far into it when it was new.

I’ve got no 2022 gaming resolutions either, although I’ve thought to myself that I’d best develop some new hobbies and not spend all my free time playing Data East and Jaleco games from thirty-five years ago. I want to get back in the habit of ‘one in, one out’ too, where I’d donate an old game to charity (or gift it to a pal, or just trade it into GAME) for every new one I bought.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Resolutions   Gaming Resolutions - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Jan 2022 - 8:09

That was how I used to operate out of necessity - nowadays I appreciate that I can afford games/ books/ movies so I like seeing them lined up on my shelf.

Filthy capitalist pig behaviour, I know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Resolutions   Gaming Resolutions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gaming Resolutions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2