We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge

Go down 
+12
Athrun888
Treesmurf
Gwyn400
Balladeer
shanks
Admin
Crumpy Andy
ZeroJones
beemoh
Darunia
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage

The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 12:16

Balladeer wrote:
A Weedle? How very dare you!

(Go future-Balladrill!)

It's a rights of passage. I'd love to be a Beephill, but I chose instead to be a future-Pheraligatr.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 12:33

Ah, naming the Pokemon after forumites! I might start doing that...

Anyway, an hour into my fire-red I have a Charmander (Lizzi), Mankey from route 22 (Money) and a Kakuna from Viridian forest (Pokey).

Hopefully Money will be good enough to defeat Brock, otherwise its going to be an early game over!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 12:35

It's a good way to get other people interested, that's for certain. While this isn't my sort of thing, I'm now rooting for that particular Weedle!

(Who will now die to a Critical Hit. Boo-hoo )
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 13:09

Balladeer wrote:
It's a good way to get other people interested, that's for certain. While this isn't my sort of thing, I'm now rooting for that particular Weedle!

(Who will now die to a Critical Hit. Boo-hoo )

She's (sorry) ccome close a couple of times. She's quite...weedy.

~

treesmrf11 - for treesmurf11 won't fit - the Geodude has joined the party!
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 13:13

I might start this once I've finished off some other games I'm currently playing, been a while since I last played Fire Red.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 13:22

Vidofnir wrote:
On whatever pokemon game they may choose (Not mystery dungeon Naughty )

*fires up Pokémon Snap*
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 14:51

haha, why not try Pokemon channel! Sick

In other news...

Nora the Pidgey joins the party! (Route 2)..... Was actually hoping for a Nidoran here, however thus far I have somehow managed to avoid getting a Rattata as my first pokemon.

Bring on the first Gym!

EDIT:

Brock goes down! Money the Mankey providing a clean sweep through low kick. However on the next route disaster strikes!

After being questioned about not wearing shorts, I was challenged to a battle by a youngster.... I started with Pokey the Beedrill, however to my dismay he sent out a level 14 Spearow! Fearing an imminent peck attack I switch to Nora the Pidgey for some aerial combat! However the Spearow proved too much for Nora, killing him with a 5-hit fury attack ending in a critical! I feared this may be the end of my journey, however Pokey the Beedrill successfully won me the battle.

After that loss, I wonder about the set battle rule. I can see it being massively difficult, is anyone else using it?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 21:55

Just firing up Pearl now. I'm terrible at nicknames so I dunno if I'll bother with that particular aspect.
I'm gonna use the set rule, you've made your bed, now lie in it!
Trainer number ends in 3, grass, ergh Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 22:07

I am not a lucky man.

The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 IVoDYfV

I took brief incursions onto the two routes to the west and north of Viridian City. I plan to train each member of my team up to level 8, take on Gazza before marching onwards to Viridian Forest. So far, so mediocre.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 22:09

Your first Rattata looks like it's in the top percentage of Rattata...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 22:20

I felt with you being a Weedle in Phillips' Nuzlocke, perhaps naming my Rattata after you could prompt everyone to nickname weak Pokemans after you. Razz
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 22:20

DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 22:30

Ok I changed my mind about the nicknames if everyones gonna use forumites names, so I welcome my first new pokemon, Balladeer the Bidoof!
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 23:08

andyman949 wrote:
Ok I changed my mind about the nicknames if everyones gonna use forumites names, so I welcome my first new pokemon, Balladeer the Bidoof!

Hahaha, poor Balladeer Crying or Very sad .

So anyway, route 3 I catch a Pidgey which I name Gamma. Somehow I make it through Mt.moon unscathed catching a Zubat which I name Smooth. Ill reserve the forumite names until later Laughing .

After a little sightseeing in Cerulean I head back onto route 4 and catch a Spearow, naming it Feral. Gamma the Pidgey is boxed due to having two of the same type.

Next up - Nugget Bridge!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 23:10

Just picked up my poketch after nearly losing Balladeer to a couple of Abras, then caught Jay, the Magikarp!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Feb 2013 - 23:30

Got to tell you, this is making me itch to break out my Emerald again! Forumite names! There's always a convention to the names of my Pokémon - for Black 2 it was matching the last letter of the monster and the last letter of its nickname - hence Barry the Snivy and Robert the Patrat. Now... forumites!

Commiserations to Jay - two Rattatas! That's unluck, that is.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2013 - 0:13

andyman949 wrote:
Jay, the Magikarp!

The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 Magikarp_c_295406

Also, FUUUUUUUUUU-

The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 LXgJjDu[img][/img]

First damn battle he's in, and gets taken down by a critical hit. Aww!

EDIT: Vidofnir, I'm using the set rule. Not too challenging as of yet, but I can see it causing problems down the line. Keep it as a rule though! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2013 - 0:46

So there we were, the five of us - Phillips the Totodile, sporkhead the Sentret, treesmrf11 the Geodude, Balladeer the Kakuna and The_Jaster the Hoppip - tear through wild grass like a knife through hot butter, whooping all sorts of Pokéass...

...then we hit the first gym and blacked out.

Game over, man, game over.

Totodile and Sentret were Sand-Attacked out of the game, Pidgeyotto got lucky against Geodude, and Kakuna and Hoppip were useless.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2013 - 1:04

Oh man! That is brutal. Falkner can be a pain since his birds know mud-slap.

To be cut down so soon Crying or Very sad . Truly, the Nuzlocke challenge is unforgiving!

I updated the table on the front page.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2013 - 1:14

I'm at the first gym leader, but I'm terrified about taking him on XD Currently got:
Phillips Lv 8 Zubat
Jay Lv 8 Magikarp
Balladeer Lv 9 Bidoof
Vidofnir Lv 9 Starly
ZeroJones Lv 9 Geodude
Lv 13 Turtwig, who I forgot to name.

Turtwig could probably take em, but I can't stand the though of losing him XD
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2013 - 1:17

Sorry to hear that, Phillips. Sad Bravely fought - do you think you'll try again?

In other news, I'm up and running (literally, as I now have the Running Shoes, thank goodness) on Emerald. I have ZeroJones the Treecko, sporkhead the Zigzagoon and Balladeer the Seedot at the moment. It's weird, how much more exciting it feels than the last time I played it... Shocked Love it!
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2013 - 1:33

Decided to start this today even with my large ammount of unfinished games Laughing I usually dont bother with nicknames apart from with Togepi which I always name Flump because it reminds me of a marshmallow so I went with sweets for nicknames here

Started my adventure with Apple Whip the Bulbasaur who was joined on Route 1 by Choc Rat the Rattata (Chocolate Rat wouldnt fit), then I stocked up on antidotes in Viridan city before continuing on through Route 2 where Toffee the Pidgey joined my team.
I then entered Viridian Forest where I met Humbug the Caterpie, I was hoping for a Pikachu so you can imagine how annoyed I was when the next Pokemon I found was a Pikachu DAMN YOU! Humbug quickly evolved into Butterfree though who will probably be more useful in the long run anyway.
I managed to get through the forest only using 1 antidote and then trained everyone up to level 10 where I almost lost Choc Rat to a critical hit but he pulled through with 2 HP, the training wasnt needed though as Apple Whip single handedly destroyed Brocks Pokemon with very little effort.
Things have been going well so far I think

Do you get running shoes in Fire Red? I cant remember
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2013 - 1:35

by the time you read this, you will have running shoes

EDIT: As I head towards the nugget bridge, I forget about my one true foe... The sound of awesome music fills the air, and I come face to face with Gary!

In an intense battle I lose Gamma the Pidgey to Gary's pidgeotto. While also coming close to losing Lizzi the Charmeleon. However thanks to the combined efforts of Smooth's supersonic and Moneys karate chop attacks, Gary lay defeated!

Last edited by Vidofnir on Tue 12 Feb 2013 - 1:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2013 - 1:41

I'll attempt one of these soon, most likely will be Diamond as that's the only game I have without any decent Pokemon currently on it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Feb 2013 - 1:45

Vidofnir, could you add me to the Fire Red table? Smile

No badges yet, but one death sadly. Aww!

You'll live on in my thoughts, Balladeer the Rattata.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next