We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge

Go down 
+12
Athrun888
Treesmurf
Gwyn400
Balladeer
shanks
Admin
Crumpy Andy
ZeroJones
beemoh
Darunia
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 13 EmptyTue 6 Oct 2015 - 15:52

I'd say it counts as a dungeon.

Also, Archeops is a monster - I had one on my Black playthrough and that thing just brutalized most teams. I recommend getting U-Turn onto it as well for whenever it drops below half health. That really helped me out during my time with Archeops.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 13 EmptyTue 6 Oct 2015 - 19:01

Is boxing it an option? I can't remember if you need it for story purposes or not...
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 13 EmptyWed 7 Oct 2015 - 15:04

Lucario will be wonder traded like a caught mon! I could box it (and did straight after the fight with Korrina) but I see no reason to keep it. I've already got a perfect bred Lucario in my AS file so I've no need for this one. Cheers for the input though, it made it easier to finally make a decision.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 13 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2015 - 11:25

Lost the wonderlocke, decided to take on a gym leader rematch in the Battle Chateu and because my team was weaker than usual and Doublade was boxed for exceeding the level cap I got blown back by...

Wait for it....

A Masquerain.

The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 13 284mas10

It used Quiver Dance twice and blew the team apart. So yeah, wonderlocke over. Ah well, was fun while it lasted, didn't expect to encounter a level 40 mon with a actual decent moveset, got my just rewards for underpreparing. To be fair I didn't really register it was the bug gym leader until I'd started the match, but whatever, no excuses.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 13 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2015 - 11:43

Awww, man! Sorry to hear that, Athrun. It was fun while it lasted...
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 13 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2015 - 15:10

In all honesty I'm actually kind of glad this happened, not that I like losing (and to that thing of all pokemon, probably the only time I'm ever going to get 6-0'd by a Masquerain) but that I actually lost a run is satisfying for some reason.

Preparation is half the battle in this game as well, so I can't say it's undeserved either. Surprising, yeah, but totally deserved.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 13 EmptySun 3 Apr 2016 - 14:22

Anouncement!

New Nuzlocke & Journal Project

The Pokemon Master will attempt to reclaim his throne in a new land. . .

The war between truth and ideals will begin anew. . .

Coming Soon

Full reveal:

Fun fact, the next nuzlocke will be my returning to the first ever game I nuzlocked!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 13 EmptySun 3 Apr 2016 - 14:25

Nice! Love me a bit of Gen 5; Join Avenue was my favourite innovation for a very long time. Looking forward to your efforts, sir; good luck and good skill! Applause
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 13 EmptyTue 5 Apr 2016 - 7:13

Thanks! Just a heads up for everyone that enrolments to become a Pokemon in the run are now open, so if anyone wants to be a Pokemon on my journey sign up now!

Date start window is the end of april/beginning of May, trying to balance this between the end of Tales of Zestiria and the beginning of fire emblem fates.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 13 EmptyTue 5 Apr 2016 - 18:21

Gen V! One of my favourites. Well game for reading this, Athrun. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 13 EmptyTue 5 Apr 2016 - 18:41

Athrun888 wrote:
Just a heads up for everyone that enrolments to become a Pokemon in the run are now open, so if anyone wants to be a Pokemon on my journey sign up now!

I'd like to get my name down, if that's alright! Given that I'm Zero, you could use my name on a really rubbish 'mon - one of the elemental monkeys, perhaps...
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 13 EmptyWed 6 Apr 2016 - 6:30

Actually I probably won't be picking up an elemental monkey, their moveset is absolutely horrible and I'd rather ride to victory on a Lillipup if the rng gods deign to grace me with one of those.  Means I'll probably get a Munna instead since I'll probably have a Patrat and Purloin before hitting the dreamyard!

So, that's Zero and Jay (you do want a mon named after you right?) so far!  

Rules time!

Rules and clauses that will be enforced during this run:

I may think up some more rules or clauses later, but right now that's a comprehensive set of rules and clauses I will be following during my run.  May sound a bit complex but as this isn't exactly my first nuzlocke I feel comfortable putting on the rules to that degree.  Plus making this stuff set in steel before the run starts means less time worrying whenever something unexpected comes up.  

I'll also be going over what every area in the game is ahead of time to calculate how many encounters there are, get area level averages, and so on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge   The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Gnamer Nuzlocke Challenge
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13